Groups
    EXPIRED

Found a ring whilst digging in the garden. Gold with halmark of some sort and heavy. Best advice where to get it valued?

Hello all

Need a bit of help. Found a rather nice gold ring whilst digging in the garden (just about to lay a new lawn) and wondered where i could get the thing valued?
    Looks like a mans ring ( I have fingers like sausages so it only fits on my little finger!)
    Has the hallmark of some description and is quite heavy so can any of you lovely people advise me of where to get it valued? And not cashconvertors etc please!

Thanks in advance and rep will be given.

28 Comments

send it to me!

This site will let you work out the scrap value assuming it is all gold with no stones. Just weigh it in grams. bestinjewellery.com/gol…2tw

Yeah, i think it's mine. I dropped it some time ago :whistling:

Most jewellers will value it for you. H Samuels are usually pretty good.

Hope its worth a packet for you

Original Poster

geeadamg;2434394

send it to me!

HA HA!! Nice try... :whistling:

Yep, any jewelers will value it for you.

Please let us know how you get on, think I will be taking up gardening now!!! ;-)

Original Poster

nikkib123;2434406

Just go to a goldsmith. Ooohh how exciting - I hope its worth a few bob … Just go to a goldsmith. Ooohh how exciting - I hope its worth a few bob for you - fingers crossed:)

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

rose_cat_jr;2434411

This site will let you work out the scrap value assuming it is all gold … This site will let you work out the scrap value assuming it is all gold with no stones. Just weigh it in grams. http://www.bestinjewellery.com/gold_calculator.php?gclid=CPfWk6PCn5QCFQIwlAodTRp2tw

Thanks! How would i find out what carot it is?Not one for jewellery !

Original Poster

alfie73;2434448

Most jewellers will value it for you. H Samuels are usually pretty … Most jewellers will value it for you. H Samuels are usually pretty good.Hope its worth a packet for you

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

suze;2434472

Yep, any jewelers will value it for you.Please let us know how you get … Yep, any jewelers will value it for you.Please let us know how you get on, think I will be taking up gardening now!!! ;-)

Ta Suze

Was this ring still attached to a finger by any chance?

And by any chance did this finger belong to the milkman?

Original Poster

Spider~Pig;2434497

Was this ring still attached to a finger by any chance? And by any chance … Was this ring still attached to a finger by any chance? And by any chance did this finger belong to the milkman?

:oops: no finger... still got half the lawn left to dig!

hehe :w00t:

Banned

lets see a pic of it!

wonkey;2434541

:oops: no finger... still got half the lawn left to dig!

spooky, i think i would be getting worried if i had the other half of the lawn left

suze;2434472

Yep, any jewelers will value it for you.Please let us know how you get … Yep, any jewelers will value it for you.Please let us know how you get on, think I will be taking up gardening now!!! ;-)

Suze`is right, BUT the issue is they need to dismantle the ring if it has any stones in it!

They can tell the content of the stone, i.e. its diamond etc with sensors etc, but the stones basically need to be cleaned weighed, checked for clarity etc and that means the cost goes up, and the jeweller may not put it back together the same way as it started.

It is worth it, especially for items of sentimental value, it has its risks too, thats all!

Original Poster

DangerGod;2434560

lets see a pic of it!

I can take some in the morning then i can tell you the price that it got valued at too.... Such suspense eh!!!?! :-D

Original Poster

WantOne;2434725

Suze`is right, BUT the issue is they need to dismantle the ring if it has … Suze`is right, BUT the issue is they need to dismantle the ring if it has any stones in it!They can tell the content of the stone, i.e. its diamond etc with sensors etc, but the stones basically need to be cleaned weighed, checked for clarity etc and that means the cost goes up, and the jeweller may not put it back together the same way as it started.It is worth it, especially for items of sentimental value, it has its risks too, thats all!

No Stones, just solid heavy gold...

Original Poster

bod emrys;2434718

I found an ounce of very old looking soap bar whilst digging my garden … I found an ounce of very old looking soap bar whilst digging my garden last year, found it especially funny as we bought the house from a policeman :-D

tasted nice did it?!!! :w00t:

Only thing I came across was bloody cat poo!!

Ooh this is exciting - keep us informed x

Go to a Jeweller/Goldsmith. Hope it worth something!

wonkey;2434482

Thanks! How would i find out what carot it is?Not one for jewellery !

You will probably need a magnifying glass or very good eyesight! Look at the hallmark and it should have a number. 375 is 9ct, 585 is 14ct and 750 is 18ct.

Original Poster

rose_cat_jr;2436068

You will probably need a magnifying glass or very good eyesight! Look at … You will probably need a magnifying glass or very good eyesight! Look at the hallmark and it should have a number. 375 is 9ct, 585 is 14ct and 750 is 18ct.

750 so its 18 carot!

Went into a jewellers today and got it valued. Its a mans wedding band, size s and as she said, probably cost a packet when it was brand new. They would give me £44 for it but i think I'll hang onto it for a minute.

Thanks for everyones help! :thumbsup:

Can we have a pic please.

Original Poster

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/djpepper/ring1.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/djpepper/ring2.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/djpepper/ring3.jpg

dmtuk;2435105

Only thing I came across was bloody cat poo!!

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Oh, well that's a bit dissapointing - was hoping it was worth hundreds. But it's something for nothing yippeeeee!! x

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Tooth extraction55
    2. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)23
    3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?66
    4. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?38

See more discussions