Found Dishonoured 2 boring, should avoid Horizon Zero Dawn too?

Found 21st Feb 2017
Now I see that Horizon Zero Dawn is open world too and hesitant to drop the £40 or so on it. Used to love open world games, especially MMOs, but now I just want instant thrills and a good pace (Doom recently was my favourite campaign by a long shot).

What you reckon, if I couldn't get on with Dishonoured 2, I should avoid HZD as well? Dishonoured's world just wasn't interesting to me, and the pace wasn't fast enough early on to draw me into it's deeper gameplay later on which I'm sure was great. Was super hyped for HZD though, looks amazing an interesting, just not sure now about the pace. Review vids tend to mash together all the cool bits..
Community Updates
3 Comments
From what i've read the first half of the game is fairly slow paced - make friends with tribes by doing stuff for them etc, so if you get uninterested quickly it probably wouldn't be for you
winifer

From what i've read the first half of the game is fairly slow paced - … From what i've read the first half of the game is fairly slow paced - make friends with tribes by doing stuff for them etc, so if you get uninterested quickly it probably wouldn't be for you

Ah, yes that does sound a bit slow paced for me right now. Shame, bet it's fab if you're prepared to invest the time in it.
Have you played the Witcher 3? From what I've seen and heard, Horizon seems to be similarly well paced - with interesting and fun main quests and side quests.

If you haven't played the Witcher 3, and you're not sure if Horizon is worth £40, I'd recommend playing the Witcher 3 first. I imagine it's super cheap these days, and by the time you've completed it, Horizon will probably be in the £20 range.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants