Groups

Found some little stones in my cous cous...supermarket brand

Evening all

I have never had to complain about anything before so hope you can point me in the right direction.

Eating my lunch today and nearly broke my tooth on a little stone found in my cous cous, looked in the packet (as I only used half ) and found another two, they are about 5mm and one bigger.

Do I just go back to the supermarket? (It's the supermarkets own brand)

Thanks...Loops

28 Comments

Banned

Sue sue sue !

Banned

phone them up, but they will probably only refund double the price

Banned

i find live bugs in my packaged brown rice, i just remove them tho and take it as part of the process

Banned

casparwhite;8062903

i find live bugs in my packaged brown rice, i just remove them tho and … i find live bugs in my packaged brown rice, i just remove them tho and take it as part of the process

you could see it as a bonus!

but seriously, buy your brown rice somewhere better!

Banned

jubbyme;8062926

you could see it as a bonus!but seriously, buy your brown rice somewhere … you could see it as a bonus!but seriously, buy your brown rice somewhere better!

are you mad.......

it doesnt matter where i buy it.

whole foods usually

Banned

I have bought brown rice many many times, and not once has bits of it tried to move on its own....

Write to customer services,their should be an address on the packet and send them a sample.Hope this is of some help.

I'm shocked!!!! There are still people who actually eat Cous Cous?!!!?

Original Poster

Thanks for the sensible replies, appreciate it x

loops;8063027

Thanks for the sensible replies, appreciate it x

I'm quite surprised at the number of sensible replies actually.

Banned

DragonChris;8063174

I'm quite surprised at the number of sensible replies actually.

Round up the supermarket staff and have them shot!

does that even it out a bit?

Banned

dont drop it in the mud next time.

take the packet + stones to where you bought it. if you have kids then take a recent milk tooth for extra comp
    ?????
    PROFIT

ei8hty5ive;8063000

I'm shocked!!!! There are still people who actually eat Cous Cous?!!!?

I love cous cous:thumbsup:

Banned

jubbyme;8062971

I have bought brown rice many many times, and not once has bits of it … I have bought brown rice many many times, and not once has bits of it tried to move on its own....

considering its unprocessed youd be lucky to not find anything in the bag, its usually the eggs left on the rice(or other grains) and with humid temperatures the eggs hatch

sounds like you arent checking your rice properly:thumbsup:

Banned

casparwhite;8064063

considering its unprocessed youd be lucky to not find anything in the … considering its unprocessed youd be lucky to not find anything in the bag, its usually the eggs left on the rice(or other grains) and with humid temperatures the eggs hatchsounds like you arent checking your rice properly:thumbsup:

what rubbish - never had any live creatures in any rice I have bought EVER and never heard of anyone who has until now. Stop buying cheap crap from aldi! :whistling:

I used to work in the Customer Services department at the Head Office of a fairly well respected supermarket...we saw complaints like this all the time - yes; they definitely shouldn't happen, no; there definitely shouldn't be bits of anything other than the food in the food, but it is inevitable that in the manufacturing process that some foreign bodies may enter.

As others have said, return the packaging, stones, and any remaining packet contents to the store - it'll probably get sent off to some kind of lab where someone will confirm what it is you've found in your couscous, then you'll get a letter telling you what it is, telling you that it shouldn't have been in there, and telling you they'll 'check their normally rigorous manufacturing standards' (or words to that effect). If you're lucky you may get a gesture of goodwill - where I worked that went out in the form of vouchers for the same supermarket to entice you back. Don't expect much though...

Hope that helps? You might consider it more fuss than it's worth, and might just want to consider it a one-off...

Couscous is lovely if you do it right...lemon, mint, parsley, red onion, cumin, cinnamon and a few raisins/sultanas and you have a lovely moroccan mix...perfect to serve with a salmon fillet...

Banned

csiman;8064879

what rubbish - never had any live creatures in any rice I have bought … what rubbish - never had any live creatures in any rice I have bought EVER and never heard of anyone who has until now. Stop buying cheap crap from aldi! :whistling:

its not just any rice you tool......its brown rice.......do u even understand what brown rice is:roll:

a quick google would show that it is quite common mr failure:thumbsup:

Banned

casparwhite;8066503

its not just any rice you tool......its brown rice.......do u even … its not just any rice you tool......its brown rice.......do u even understand what brown rice is:roll:a quick google would show that it is quite common mr failure:thumbsup:

many things are quite common, what you shouldnt do is accept it, there is nothing wrong with my eyesight, i never have had things in my brown rice, honestly you need to change to another shop, sounds like they are infested or buying from a really bad wholesaler

the packet says brown rice, not insects with rice

Banned

jubbyme;8069468

many things are quite common, what you shouldnt do is accept it, there … many things are quite common, what you shouldnt do is accept it, there is nothing wrong with my eyesight, i never have had things in my brown rice, honestly you need to change to another shop, sounds like they are infested or buying from a really bad wholesalerthe packet says brown rice, not insects with rice

lol what are you talking about? it is unprocessed brown rice.........

you are obviously confused with white rice:roll:

Banned

unprocessed doent mean bring in the field, the bugs and bits of tractor in it

i think you should not confuse rice with industrial waste

Banned

jubbyme;8069710

unprocessed doent mean bring in the field, the bugs and bits of tractor … unprocessed doent mean bring in the field, the bugs and bits of tractor in iti think you should not confuse rice with industrial waste

leave the poor boy alone - he gets very easily confused :-D

comes from being a leeds fan I guess

Banned

casparwhite;8069653

lol what are you talking about? it is unprocessed brown rice......... … lol what are you talking about? it is unprocessed brown rice......... you are obviously confused with white rice:roll:

white rice can still get bugs inside the grain. If you have live bugs in your rice then you probably already had them at your home as it takes weeks for them to hatch and only do so in humid climates. Unless you live in a sauna, you may have them lurking in your cupboards already

Banned

csiman;8069784

leave the poor boy alone - he gets very easily confused :-Dcomes from … leave the poor boy alone - he gets very easily confused :-Dcomes from being a leeds fan I guess

will do, didnt know he had an affliction :thumbsup:

Banned

jubbyme;8069710

unprocessed doent mean bring in the field, the bugs and bits of tractor … unprocessed doent mean bring in the field, the bugs and bits of tractor in iti think you should not confuse rice with industrial waste

see you are still confused........

medication time perhaps;-)

ryman1000;8069788

white rice can still get bugs inside the grain. If you have live bugs in … white rice can still get bugs inside the grain. If you have live bugs in your rice then you probably already had them at your home as it takes weeks for them to hatch and only do so in humid climates.

well done!!!

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!

well nearly

whats cous cous ? :?

Banned

aah96;8069930

whats cous cous ? :?

like wallpaper paste, but some people think its edible

Original Poster

Thanks everyone x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions