fragrance reformulating QUESTION

Found 28th Nov 2017
Hi guys,

Only recently found out about this today. very annoyed and been checking most of my edts. I've been wondering for a while why fragrances I loved as a teenager(joop homme, kouros and David off cool water) now smell less effective, I thought it was because i immune to it. Why do they do this? Think it's robbery in a way as they're still charging u what they done back in the day. Does this happen to all fragrances??
And most importantly how do u know if it's been reformulated when purchasing it? Isit easier to either buy in bulk? Or keep up to date with more modern fragrances so this doesn't happen?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I'm a number five girl and that smells as good as it ever has to me
I found out a few years back when a perfume that had been a favourite and very hard to get hold of was suddenly restocked again . Bought three bottles thinking I might never see it again Only to. find that it was nothing like the original fragrance, even though the very distinctive name, packaging and bottle shape were exactly the same with no mention of any change in formula. When I wrote to the manufacturer they gave the reason it had been changed to improve it. To my mind if they want to change it so drastically it isn't the same product and shouldn't be sold as such.
machomansavage5 m ago

might want to read this

The bottle I am using is one my husband and son bought me for Christmas in 2013. My husband died in 2014 and it took me till this year to open it and use it rather than think once it is gone that link has gone for ever. I'll certainly bear this in mind when I come to replace it. I may have the last of the old batch.
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell43 m ago

The bottle I am using is one my husband and son bought me for Christmas in …The bottle I am using is one my husband and son bought me for Christmas in 2013. My husband died in 2014 and it took me till this year to open it and use it rather than think once it is gone that link has gone for ever. I'll certainly bear this in mind when I come to replace it. I may have the last of the old batch.

Hi im sorry to hear for your lose x. Yeah I'm new to all this to and find it very frustrating too as you're still paying the same price, they should keep making it like the did from day one.
Original Poster
tinkerbellian50 m ago

I found out a few years back when a perfume that had been a favourite and …I found out a few years back when a perfume that had been a favourite and very hard to get hold of was suddenly restocked again . Bought three bottles thinking I might never see it again Only to. find that it was nothing like the original fragrance, even though the very distinctive name, packaging and bottle shape were exactly the same with no mention of any change in formula. When I wrote to the manufacturer they gave the reason it had been changed to improve it. To my mind if they want to change it so drastically it isn't the same product and shouldn't be sold as such.

Hey thanks for reply. Yes i couldnt agee more. The only reason i can think we they would even do such a thing is because the want it to appeal to a younger generation? still its very annoying and should make it known
machomansavage1 h, 39 m ago

Hi im sorry to hear for your lose x. Yeah I'm new to all this to and find …Hi im sorry to hear for your lose x. Yeah I'm new to all this to and find it very frustrating too as you're still paying the same price, they should keep making it like the did from day one.

Such is life. There is still a lot left in the bottle. My sister had a friend and her father promised her mother he would keep her in chanel no 5 as long as they lived. Gladys kept a bottle with just a tiny bit in the bottom all their married life just so he could spend money on more important stuff. Such a lovely thing to do.
Some form of fate at work here, I hadn't thought about that perfume for ages as it was impossible to buy, after this thread I checked eBay, and found someone selling the original in a 60 ml bottle . Have just ordered, but he has five more and if it's genuine, I could be going back for more. They look like they were ex shop testers so will have been hanging around for a long time, but taking a chance
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants