Groups

FRAMING A FOOTBALL SHIRT

HOW OR WHERE IS THE CHEAPEST PLACE TO BUY A FRAME TO FIT A FOOTBALL SHIRT IN. MY LOCAL SHOP CAN DO IT FOR £80 QUID BUT SURELY THERE MUST BE A CHEAPER OPTION

6 Comments

Original Poster

I apologise for the caps for people who think it is shouting. Sorry

boza;2286285

I apologise for the caps for people who think it is shouting. Sorry

I framed one myself about 18 months ago using a frame from Wilkos - cost about £6 for the frame, and looked good. I cut a triangular piece of card to wrap the shirt around, and then fixed this to the backing board of the frame.

Give it a go. If it looks okay, fantastic. If not, its only cost you £6 and you've still got a frame to use for something else :thumbsup:

Original Poster

midlandscomics;2286303

I framed one myself about 18 months ago using a frame from Wilkos - cost … I framed one myself about 18 months ago using a frame from Wilkos - cost about £6 for the frame, and looked good. I cut a triangular piece of card to wrap the shirt around, and then fixed this to the backing board of the frame.Give it a go. If it looks okay, fantastic. If not, its only cost you £6 and you've still got a frame to use for something else :thumbsup:

thanks for tht mate i was thinking about this, but the shirt is alot thicker than paper so thought it wouldn't fit? was it a tight squeeze?

have you got a picture of what it looked like?
    thanks again

boza;2286379

thanks for tht mate i was thinking about this, but the shirt is alot … thanks for tht mate i was thinking about this, but the shirt is alot thicker than paper so thought it wouldn't fit? was it a tight squeeze?have you got a picture of what it looked like?thanks again

Hi,

The frame was quite thick, and had the spring-type clips on the back so there was quite a bit of give in it. I don't have a picture though I'm afraid, as I ebayed it quite a while ago now.

It was a silver frame, a bit bigger than A3 I think.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

any pictures of the top in the frame mate? if you dont mind. im thinking of starting a wee collection and having them all framed.

Original Poster

midlandscomics;2286438

Hi,The frame was quite thick, and had the spring-type clips on the back … Hi,The frame was quite thick, and had the spring-type clips on the back so there was quite a bit of give in it. I don't have a picture though I'm afraid, as I ebayed it quite a while ago now.It was a silver frame, a bit bigger than A3 I think.Sorry I can't be of any more help.

no problem mate, you been a great help. rep added
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846375
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767298
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2457
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***721

See more discussions