Groups

Frankie and Bennys vs TGI fridays ????

Hi all i am a bit stuck here, its my 6 yr olds birthday on saturday and we want to take her somewhere nice for her tea with her 7yr old sister, she loves frankies but i thought we might try TGi's as it always strikes me as nicer
    What are your thoughts ???
    Shall we do a poll and the winning place we shall go ??

28 Comments

Frankie and Bennys - tbh if she loves F&B why go elsewhere?

Frankie & Bennys

Well we did a 21st party at Frankie and Bennys and it was great with superb service good prices and a good party atmosphere plus the lights are lowered and music is played when the bring out the cake that we supplied.:)

Bad idea, if you take her to TGI's and she hates it you will kick yourself.

Try TGi's another time, don't risk ruining her Birthday.

Banned

I prefer F+B's.

TGI's....it is a bit more expensive than F&B's but the adult meals are better.

Plus register birthday on website and they email you some freebies
    tgigreattimes.co.uk/reg…tml

Original Poster

think your right about tgi's being bad on her birthday i would feel awful and yes she does love frankies so why break the mould ??
    frankies winning i think

think;7445915

TGI's....it is a bit more expensive than F&B's but the adult meals are … TGI's....it is a bit more expensive than F&B's but the adult meals are better.Plus register birthday on website and they email you some freebieshttp://www.tgigreattimes.co.uk/register.phtml

Like Chipsticks said, its the kids birthday so surely its not worth ruining that to make sure the adults get a better meal?

Theres nothing much to complain about with F&B's anyway, adult meals are brill imo.

Banned

Maybe try a local independent restaurant? They could do with your custom more.

Original Poster

h&r given to ya'all xxx

Went to F&B's for the wifes birthday. Never again. In the (probable) words of Gordon Ramsey 'The food here is ****, not fit for a dog'. No helpful I know, but can't see why people think the food is actually good. Bet the KFC over the road was better.

Banned

Shengis;7446380

Went to F&B's for the wifes birthday. Never again. In the (probable) … Went to F&B's for the wifes birthday. Never again. In the (probable) words of Gordon Ramsey 'The food here is ****, not fit for a dog'. No helpful I know, but can't see why people think the food is actually good. Bet the KFC over the road was better.

What did you have and what was so bad about it?

both are crap, both have chiefs with 0 GCSEs and 0 cooking abilities

brb microwaving all your food.

black gerbil1;7446513

both are crap, both have chiefs with 0 GCSEs and 0 cooking abilitiesbrb … both are crap, both have chiefs with 0 GCSEs and 0 cooking abilitiesbrb microwaving all your food.

black gerbil1;7446513

both are crap, both have waiters with 0 GCSEs and 0 cooking abilitiesbrb … both are crap, both have waiters with 0 GCSEs and 0 cooking abilitiesbrb microwaving all your food.

But i bet they don't wear long johns:roll:

master_chief;7446478

What did you have and what was so bad about it?

A couple of us had chicken that was dried out like a lump of cardboard. A few more had vegetables that were as hard as cannon balls, they literally flew off the plate when spiked with a fork :lol: All in all, not impressed. We did complain and the manager (I assume it was the manager) agreed they were underdone. Maybe I was expecting too much that they employ people that can cook?

Banned

Shengis;7446554

A couple of us had chicken that was dried out like a lump of cardboard. A … A couple of us had chicken that was dried out like a lump of cardboard. A few more had vegetables that were as hard as cannon balls, they literally flew off the plate when spiked with a fork :lol: All in all, not impressed. We did complain and the manager (I assume it was the manager) agreed they were underdone. Maybe I was expecting too much that they employ people that can cook?

I've always enjoyed it there but I've never ordered vegetables or chicken. Could have been a one of bad experience?

I like eating at proper restaurants more and always encourage people to go to them rather than go to a chain restaurant for a special occasion. I go to F&Bs before the cinema as this is where they're nearly always positioned, and for that purpose it is really good (and for kids)

Hi OP my son also has a birthday on Saturday (11). We are taking him and 8 of his friends (god help us) to Pizza Hut .................using the 50% voucher thanks to this site!!! Massive saving - done the same thing last year too lol

Nandos

Original Poster

bossyboots;7446723

Hi OP my son also has a birthday on Saturday (11). We are taking him and … Hi OP my son also has a birthday on Saturday (11). We are taking him and 8 of his friends (god help us) to Pizza Hut .................using the 50% voucher thanks to this site!!! Massive saving - done the same thing last year too lol

i thought the pizza hut voucher was for sun-thurs only though

twoangels;7446927

It is,hope they are going on the Sunday:w00t:

twoangels;7446927

deb8z;7447099

It is,hope they are going on the Sunday:w00t:

oh **** **** **** **** **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so it is!!! oh well its gonna be MacDonalds then lol. We are taking them to Xscape beforehand and thats costing us nearly £200 so we were happy thinking at least we are getting the meal half price............................no way !

Frankie and Bennys gets my vote, but regardless of that I would of said go with the place you know she likes and try the other one some other time

Original Poster

Well frankie and bennys it is then......:thumbsup:

We eat at a TGI's in Manhattan NY a few years back and it was absolutely rotten, just a heads up for anyone going to NY.
    This one, pity we hadn't read the reviews before going.

maps.google.co.uk/map…wAA

choc1969;7446727

Nandos

om nom nom

and i prefer overpriced TGIs..but if its her birthday stick to what she likes!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.710
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1635
      3. Biscuit addiction2060
      4. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA810

See more discussions