Fraudulent web site3

Found 11th Jun 2017
i think this is the same ppl as https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/discussions/fraudulent-site2-2706822

be ware thetvpeople.co.uk - bet you dont get the tv you ordered!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
19 Comments

Have youbreported to the police / trading standards?

The website domain was only registered 2 days ago, so that would flag concerns with me. What's flagged concerns with you? This is the apparent details of from the domain registration (though they could be fake)...

WHOIS details

Domain name:
thetvpeople.co.uk

Registrant:
Billy Kentfield

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
24 DRAKE ROAD
Newport
PO30 1EQ
United Kingdom

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 06-Jun-2017

Registrar:
eNom LLC [Tag = ENOM]
URL: enom.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 09-Jun-2017
Expiry date: 09-Jun-2018
Last updated: 09-Jun-2017

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns1.justhost.com
ns2.justhost.com

WHOIS lookup made at 21:11:48 11-Jun-2017

Edited by: "Ross_87" 11th Jun 2017

Do I take it that thetvpeople.co.uk is a fraudulent site?

Any news on this site? The prices seem to good to be true so feels like a scam.....

It's a scam. When you get to the checkout you have to bank transfer the payment. Not a chance!!
Edited by: "weenshukd" 29th Jun 2017

Exactly. Yet in their t&c it mentions paying by credit card. No credit card company would allow them to have the facility because it makes them fully liable for money lost - and is therefore the ONLY way you should pay.

When I was last researching TVs about 30 months ago a very similar site appeared for about three weeks before vanishing.

Don't be tempted - it's an obvious scam with zero protection for the suckers.

Called there customer service number and a girl answered I asked why it said accept PayPal and the reply was we broke it yesterday it might be up and running after the weekend at least they are consistent I contacted nationwide they say if you pay by bank transfer you are not covered by fraud you will loose your money I searched in the internet and it seems a company with a similar name are in America that one is a .com

I too was taken in by their 'too good to be true' prices, but also free installation and all their TV's carry a 5 year guarantee!
When viewing from my mobile, I saw many payment options which disappeared when viewing from a desktop.
The site is somewhat convincing, but try sending an email, which their aim says to reply within 30 minutes. 3 sent using different methods but still no replies 24 hours later!
I contacted 'action fraud', hoping they'd have a database with 'Thetvpeople.co.uk' listed, but not. Then I tried 'companies house', which found nothing as a registered company.
So I'll just have to buy from a reputable source, perhaps Amazon Prime will have a good deal today.
Edited by: "Keithklivideo" 10th Jul 2017

We're in 2017 and theres STILL people dim enough to send bank transfers to bogus websites?.

WoW!

You won't get your money back from that and quite frankly you don't deserve to IMO.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 10th Jul 2017

Well I learned a important lesson today, I just got scammed, left me a bit devastated but nothing I can do to get my cash back, my new TV will just be £329.99 more than I needed to pay, I feel stupid for looking for the best deal and falling for it

kiltmaker

Well I learned a important lesson today, I just got scammed, left me a … Well I learned a important lesson today, I just got scammed, left me a bit devastated but nothing I can do to get my cash back, my new TV will just be £329.99 more than I needed to pay, I feel stupid for looking for the best deal and falling for it

What did you order? And I take it was from thetvpeople?

I got done by these **** holes £499.99 . And yep the bank can't do a thing to get my money back . Gutted don't go near these ****.. the prices are too good to be true

You should report them to the police, then let others know here, how you get on. I was lucky to spot the warning signs just short of falling for the bargains. People that do this should be shot! Unfortunately our society favours these type of fatherless morons

J4gg4 this is directed at your comment you are correct in your assumption that this 2017 and this should not happen but not everyone was brought up on computers and with today's tech the banks are more than capable of stopping transactions like this specialty when they are aware that someone is using there service fraudulently sympathy is lacking in your comments and this is what these fraudulent websites are made of of you read my comment you will see it was a well spoken young lady who answered the phone to me and gave a very plausible answer as to why other services was not available I personally searched the web for an hour and this was the only place mentioning the site was fake only by sticking together and making aware instead of remarks like yours will we stamp these people out hotukdeals was the only place with info about them the bank was aware they were commuting a crime and did nothing this imo make them equally guilty

maxoutputuk

J4gg4 this is directed at your comment you are correct in your assumption … J4gg4 this is directed at your comment you are correct in your assumption that this 2017 and this should not happen but not everyone was brought up on computers and with today's tech the banks are more than capable of stopping transactions like this specialty when they are aware that someone is using there service fraudulently sympathy is lacking in your comments and this is what these fraudulent websites are made of of you read my comment you will see it was a well spoken young lady who answered the phone to me and gave a very plausible answer as to why other services was not available I personally searched the web for an hour and this was the only place mentioning the site was fake only by sticking together and making aware instead of remarks like yours will we stamp these people out hotukdeals was the only place with info about them the bank was aware they were commuting a crime and did nothing this imo make them equally guilty

So you don't accept caveat emptor?
The banks have absolutely no responsibility for the naivety/stupidity of their customers. Maybe the "victims" should spend a little more time reading and less time spending money, which, in many cases, isn't theirs and/or they can't afford.

My comments about 'being shot' refer to the fraudsters.
i have every sympathy with those that get caught, but then I do agree everyone needs to read more before clicking. If we all share, share, share information, then any searches are more likely to find answers.
theTVpeople website should be closed by somebody, those who've been ripped off are best placed to do this via the police

Keithklivideo

My comments about 'being shot' refer to the fraudsters.i have every … My comments about 'being shot' refer to the fraudsters.i have every sympathy with those that get caught, but then I do agree everyone needs to read more before clicking. If we all share, share, share information, then any searches are more likely to find answers.theTVpeople website should be closed by somebody, those who've been ripped off are best placed to do this via the police

"theTVpeople website should be closed by somebody". And who, exactly, can do that?

Site closed

Good to see this. Does anyone know how it got shutdown?
it would be useful for all to know
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions