Groups

Freak accident yesterday in F2 killed Henry Surtees

Henry Surtees, son of motorpsort legen john surtees was killed yesterday in a freak accident at brands hatch, really unlucky to have been hit by a wheel which cam off another car

Story:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

7 Comments

Original Poster

Video of incident: ( not graphic by the way)

youtube.com/wat…R=1

Just read that, how sad!

Very sad, things like that make me think about fate.

Half a second either way and it would have missed him.

Every little thing that led up to that point could have changed the outcome, how he took the last bend, how he slowed down etc.

All the incidences John was involved in and survived and yet the sport is so much safer now and he dies at 18.

greg_68;5798320

Very sad, things like that make me think about fate.Half a second either … Very sad, things like that make me think about fate.Half a second either way and it would have missed him.Every little thing that led up to that point could have changed the outcome, how he took the last bend, how he slowed down etc.All the incidences John was involved in and survived and yet the sport is so much safer now and he dies at 18.

well said

Original Poster

greg_68;5798320

Very sad, things like that make me think about fate.Half a second either … Very sad, things like that make me think about fate.Half a second either way and it would have missed him.Every little thing that led up to that point could have changed the outcome, how he took the last bend, how he slowed down etc.All the incidences John was involved in and survived and yet the sport is so much safer now and he dies at 18.

yeah it's certainly fate that, very sad :-(

Didn't realise that the tyre had hit him the first time i watched it. Just thought it was two seperate car crashes.
    Put's things into context. Life is so precious
    My sympathy goes out to his family in this unfortunate time

Read this yesterday, how tragic and what an awful way to go.

Fate indeed.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33
      2. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30384
      3. PlayStation Hacked Again?44
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1217

See more discussions