FREE £10 Cash and Curve Card With Code FREE5 + 1% Cashback, Payment Protection, Free Spend abroad

Posted 1st Nov
Reposting this as its still working (not expired), a fantastic offer well worth taking advantage of! I am using the card daily and getting 1%cash back from Amazon, Tesco and Sainsburys with the free card

discover.curve.app/pp/…e-5
curve.app/en-gb/

I have already done this but for those of you that havent it genuinely works, sign up for/download the app, open an account and use the code FREE5 to redeem the free £10. You need to activate the card and use it once to redeem the £10.

You will automatically be able to check all your finances in one place, you will get a 1% cashback offer for the first 90 days on the free offer and you can pick 3 retailers or 6 if you upgrade, they include Amazon, Apple, Sainsburys, Tesco, Uber, Spotify and many more!

Curve Blue (Free): 1% instant cashback on up to three pre-selected retailers for 90 days. Curve Black: 1% instant cashback on up to three pre-selected retailers indefinitely. Curve Metal: 1% instant cashback on up to six pre-selected retailers indefinitely.

Combine all your cards into one using Curve and get £10 FREE (1% Cashback / Payment Protection / Free Spend Abroad) when you join using code FREE5

Theidea of Curve is to give you one card for you to use and replaces ALL your separate cards! No more worrying about bringing an arsenal of plastic with you every-time you shop! Plus, your Curve has some really cool features even using their entry level card which is free to use!

Curve Blue is our entry-level card which is free to use. It gives access to the core benefits that all Curve customers know and love:

• Fee-free spend abroad in 200+ currencies - we don’t charge add any fees or charges* so you can save on hidden bank fees, just in time for your Summer holidays
  • Earn 1% cashback from a list of top retailers* - it pays to spend!
  • Real-time notifications on every purchase you make
  • Military-grade security with intelligent fraud protection and end-to-end encryption
  • Curve Customer Protection - the best purchase coverage on the market protecting your purchases up to £100,000*
Community Updates
27 Comments
I have got the £10.00 but after I spend the £10.00 the card is going in the bin. I have used it in stores and I get charged the correct money. I tried it with Dorothy Perkins got charged 2p extra, I tried it yesterday with HP and they took 4p extra. I think curve charges you when they are meant to hold the money. Tesco plus take £2.00 to register the card to authorise the card but the bank isn't meant to charge you. Curve card took the payment and I called tesco and they didn't believe this and I had to call the bank and do a fraud case on tesco. I spend £20 on grocery and 1% is only 20p so it's not really that worth it anymore
19DembaBa1901/11/2019 09:59

I have got the £10.00 but after I spend the £10.00 the card is going in t …I have got the £10.00 but after I spend the £10.00 the card is going in the bin. I have used it in stores and I get charged the correct money. I tried it with Dorothy Perkins got charged 2p extra, I tried it yesterday with HP and they took 4p extra. I think curve charges you when they are meant to hold the money. Tesco plus take £2.00 to register the card to authorise the card but the bank isn't meant to charge you. Curve card took the payment and I called tesco and they didn't believe this and I had to call the bank and do a fraud case on tesco. I spend £20 on grocery and 1% is only 20p so it's not really that worth it anymore

Do you know how long it takes to show the £10, just created an account but no money to be seen.
19DembaBa1901/11/2019 09:59

I have got the £10.00 but after I spend the £10.00 the card is going in t …I have got the £10.00 but after I spend the £10.00 the card is going in the bin. I have used it in stores and I get charged the correct money. I tried it with Dorothy Perkins got charged 2p extra, I tried it yesterday with HP and they took 4p extra. I think curve charges you when they are meant to hold the money. Tesco plus take £2.00 to register the card to authorise the card but the bank isn't meant to charge you. Curve card took the payment and I called tesco and they didn't believe this and I had to call the bank and do a fraud case on tesco. I spend £20 on grocery and 1% is only 20p so it's not really that worth it anymore

They do that to verify the card, It's usually automatically refunded
kmr22067901/11/2019 10:01

Do you know how long it takes to show the £10, just created an account but …Do you know how long it takes to show the £10, just created an account but no money to be seen.

You have to use the card to make a transaction
Luckyfrog01/11/2019 10:06

They do that to verify the card, It's usually automatically refunded

Yes that's true, but the tesco plus app doesn't take any money, the bank holds it for you then releases it so £2.00 was not meant to be taken out in the first place. Because it's curve card they took the money and tesco had no idea about the transaction so I had to show bank statements which was unnessasary and not worth the time or patience
19DembaBa1901/11/2019 10:15

yes once for any transaction can be for 1 pence.
kmr22067901/11/2019 10:01

Do you know how long it takes to show the £10, just created an account but …Do you know how long it takes to show the £10, just created an account but no money to be seen.

you get it once you make a first transaction when you get the physical card.

Great, thanks for your help.
Thanks op!

Do you have to do a physical instore purchase using the card. Or can you use it online?
Deedie01/11/2019 14:14

Do you have to do a physical instore purchase using the card. Or can you …Do you have to do a physical instore purchase using the card. Or can you use it online?

It's just a normal card, can be used anywhere.
hanif24801/11/2019 15:51

I mean to activate the free £10. He replied to someone saying you need to use the card before it's added
Deedie01/11/2019 14:14

Do you have to do a physical instore purchase using the card. Or can you …Do you have to do a physical instore purchase using the card. Or can you use it online?

online fine i think
Use curve and once you get used to the aggregator idea, works pretty well
hanif24801/11/2019 15:51

You cannot use it online as there is no card number or security number. It’s just a chip and strip card so physical payments only. Contactless too.
danielwhicks01/11/2019 23:19

You cannot use it online as there is no card number or security number. …You cannot use it online as there is no card number or security number. It’s just a chip and strip card so physical payments only. Contactless too.

I always use it online, but that's how I got charged more and now I have stopped using it
danielwhicks01/11/2019 23:19

You cannot use it online as there is no card number or security number. …You cannot use it online as there is no card number or security number. It’s just a chip and strip card so physical payments only. Contactless too.

It says quite unequivocally it can be used online.

support.imaginecurve.com/hc/…rd-
19DembaBa1902/11/2019 08:51

I always use it online, but that's how I got charged more and now I have …I always use it online, but that's how I got charged more and now I have stopped using it

How do you do that? My card has no numbers on it! I have curve blue btw
hanif24802/11/2019 19:08

It says quite unequivocally it can be used …It says quite unequivocally it can be used online.https://support.imaginecurve.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115005783225-Can-I-use-Curve-like-my-normal-bank-card-

How do you do it without car numbers though?
Now supported in Google Pay A great work around to any Mastercard/Visa that isn't.
Hi I signed up to Curve and put a Virgin MasterCard on it, if it's good I'll add a few more cards but
not until I'm happy with it. I got my Curve card today, I activated it on the app and used it for an online purchase at George/Asda. It's shown my transaction on Curve app plus on my Virgin account. So far, so good. Now I need to know when you get the £10 promotion? Is it when the transaction gets paid on your Virgin card or will it be put on in the next day or so?
any info appreciated. (P.s. It took £1.41 to verify my Virgin card but repaid that no problem)
This from their Q&A:
3DSecure - we will ask your card issuer to approve a micro transaction. Your card issuer may ask you for your password or SMS confirmation. The micro charge will be refunded immediately.
Microcharge - we will charge a small amount to your card. You will need to check your bank statement (it can take a few days to appear) and enter the code you see in the Curve app. The micro charge will be refunded immediately.
This looks really good but I can't get my head around which card will be used when making purchases? For example, I have a Halifax clarity card which I only use when travelling abroad, how does Curve allow me to choose that card when making a transaction?
pinkmonkey10/11/2019 11:01

This looks really good but I can't get my head around which card will be …This looks really good but I can't get my head around which card will be used when making purchases? For example, I have a Halifax clarity card which I only use when travelling abroad, how does Curve allow me to choose that card when making a transaction?

You choose the card you want to use in the app.

I've been using it for about a year and despite some teething troubles its working out well.

I don't use the Premium stuff on it but its now my everyday card I keep with me. I have had a few issues here and there but nothing major.

I always keep a emergency physical credit card on me tucked away in a bag or wallet somewhere just in case but I have had a few times where something like a Asda self checkout has just not accepted it and I've had to fall back to the CC.

It has my Natwest card, Virgin CC and Revolut attached to it and have had no problems switching betyween the three.
Curve invested quite a bit to get Amex integration then amex pulled the plug.
Don't really see the point of the card after that unless you are going abroad.
Monzo is a better bet as they are a registered bank now, and the app is easy to use and instant spend etc. Has great non UK transaction support and support in general.
19DembaBa1902/11/2019 08:51

I always use it online, but that's how I got charged more and now I have …I always use it online, but that's how I got charged more and now I have stopped using it

Did you get the extra charges refunded in the end? I am considering curve but this kind of stuff holds me back.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants