Free £15 at game through topcashback just spend £15 or more @ Game - New members

Found 4th MayEdited by:"deant1991"
NEW MEMBERS ONLY join top cash back and spend £15 or more at game online and receive £15 cash back what’s not to like about that
Community Updates
11 Comments
What's not to like is GAME's extortionate over pricing :P
imsomethingyournot3 h, 6 m ago

What's not to like is GAME's extortionate over pricing :P

Game regularly do some stellar deals on console bundles and not just Black Friday and post Christmas sales periods either.

Even the other day I popped in to their branch in the retail outlet at Alfreton and they had quite a few of the rarer Amiibo going for fivers and a slightly cosmetically damaged Father edition of Far Cry going for the same price as the standard edition of the game.

I'm not saying they don't ever take the pxxx with their prices because they clearly do quite often but people seem happy to forget about the excellent discounts they do on many things too.
Chasloyal10 m ago

Game regularly do some stellar deals on console bundles and not just Black …Game regularly do some stellar deals on console bundles and not just Black Friday and post Christmas sales periods either.Even the other day I popped in to their branch in the retail outlet at Alfreton and they had quite a few of the rarer Amiibo going for fivers and a slightly cosmetically damaged Father edition of Far Cry going for the same price as the standard edition of the game.I'm not saying they don't ever take the pxxx with their prices because they clearly do quite often but people seem happy to forget about the excellent discounts they do on many things too.

As you mentioned a large part of the discount comes from the fact that the item in question is usually opened/damaged/not really resell-able. Game only gives those “amazing deals” only when they know they won’t be able to shift stock at their ridiculous prices.
bobac50 m ago

As you mentioned a large part of the discount comes from the fact that the …As you mentioned a large part of the discount comes from the fact that the item in question is usually opened/damaged/not really resell-able. Game only gives those “amazing deals” only when they know they won’t be able to shift stock at their ridiculous prices.

Not true on the hardware bundles, absolutely not, and not necessarily the case with software deals on recently released games either.

Think about it, show me any retailer who doesn't heavily discount stock to amazing deal levels they can't shift?

Damaged items, well everyone discounts on them granted but not always as generously for the very slight damage I'm talking about in this specific instance from the other day.

Yes they charge more, course they do, but bricks n mortar shops keep people in work and cost ridiculous amounts of rent. Alas the high street has been obliterated enough already so I for one don't want to lose the only dedicated video games retailer left on it.

I never envisaged a day, not even a couple or few years ago, where I would be defending/supporting/call it what you will Game quite so resolutely but I firmly believe without at least that one substantial dedicated gaming outlet on the hight street we as consumers will be worse off for it if it goes.

Because of the relentless march of digital sales and because of the things I've said above I do practice as I preach by going click n collect on anything n everything I ever buy off their website.

In fact the only time I didn't do that was for a very cheap copy of Mafia 3 on Xbone a few months ago which ended up going AWOL in the Royal Mail. Fair to say that was my karma for choosing the lazy option and contradicting myself in a case of such uoutrageous hypocrisy
Not very clear from the opening post, just to clarify..this is for NEW Topcashback accounts or those that have no previous purchase/cashback through Topcashback.

• 100% cashback up to £15 at GAME deal is only available for new members or those with no previous purchases or cashback through TopCashback.
  • If the individual making the transaction is a new member, the individual must first register as a member of TopCashback prior to making their purchase to redeem the 100% cashback up to £15 at GAME offer.
  • This offer can only be redeemed once per household on a first come first served basis. If a member applies for the offer from the same household as an already successful purchase, it will be declined.
Chasloyal49 m ago

Not true on the hardware bundles, absolutely not, and not necessarily the …Not true on the hardware bundles, absolutely not, and not necessarily the case with software deals on recently released games either.Think about it, show me any retailer who doesn't heavily discount stock to amazing deal levels they can't shift?Damaged items, well everyone discounts on them granted but not always as generously for the very slight damage I'm talking about in this specific instance from the other day.Yes they charge more, course they do, but bricks n mortar shops keep people in work and cost ridiculous amounts of rent. Alas the high street has been obliterated enough already so I for one don't want to lose the only dedicated video games retailer left on it.I never envisaged a day, not even a couple or few years ago, where I would be defending/supporting/call it what you will Game quite so resolutely but I firmly believe without at least that one substantial dedicated gaming outlet on the hight street we as consumers will be worse off for it if it goes.Because of the relentless march of digital sales and because of the things I've said above I do practice as I preach by going click n collect on anything n everything I ever buy off their website.In fact the only time I didn't do that was for a very cheap copy of Mafia 3 on Xbone a few months ago which ended up going AWOL in the Royal Mail. Fair to say that was my karma for choosing the lazy option and contradicting myself in a case of such uoutrageous hypocrisy

Although I appreciate what you are saying and I constantly walk into Game shops to have an impulsive buy, it’s hard for me when every time I walk in, the same game is cheaper even on their online store, because they are not connected, and even harder, when amazon almost always has them beat by a 10-er.

And even then, when I find something close to being a deal, I’m usually greeted at the til with a purple game sticker to put on the new game as if I wouldn’t mind the fact that it in no way looks new and is not sealed.

The only things I stick to buying from game are collectors editions now, as they heavily discount those once after they have been sat in their back room for years (in-visioning overwatch collectors edition).

I’m not saying they should shut down as they gladly prey on older folk who don’t understand with their huge prices and “disk protections” but any one who knows about games and cares of the state they come in would and should stay away.

Online wise, out of the 8 games that I had ordered which were competitively priced, 6 came open with the fore mentioned purple stickers, 1 sealed but completely ripped and battered (was a Lego Star Wars collectors edition which came in a cardboard box which was all smashed) and one was fine.

After returning so much and having to argue with them for months, I am now banned from their chat service because (which was horrendous as it is) due to me returning way too many games and they believe that I was too picky with the products - a game is new even if it’s opened in their eyes.

Again I don’t want to get into an argument or undermine your opinion - everyone has a right to shop how and where they want, but based on the customs I got from them which was quite a lot, I would in no way shape or form recommend them.
bobac52 m ago

Again I don’t want to get into an argument or undermine your opinion

Absolutely no argument from me because I fully appreciate why so many people feel like you do when it comes to Game. But I myself have never had any dramas you've had with them apart from the odd cheap Collector's Edition not being brand new, that said I have had that from Amazon too so it's hardly isolated to them.

bobac52 m ago

I am now banned from their chat service because (which was horrendous as …I am now banned from their chat service because (which was horrendous as it is) due to me returning way too many games and they believe that I was too picky with the products - a game is new even if it’s opened in their eyes.

I am totally banned from Zavvi, like they shut my account down the lot

I pre-ordered the full 7 season box set of Sons of Anarchy on Blu-ray at a bargain price a few years ago, when it came out they sent me the standard DVD set. Needless to say I complained so they replyied saying if I sent the DVD set back to them and paid the extra 40 quid or whatever it was to upgrade they would replace it with Blu-ray.

You know I weren't having none of that and then they persisted with denying I should have received Blu-ray even though I had the original order email and sent them it as proof.

Anyway so I whacked in a claim with Mastercard and got a full refund when I forwarded a screen munch of that original order email. Zavvi never arranged to pick it up after my refund came through even though it was down to them to do so and they closed my account down instead citing me being an 'insincere' customer as the reason

bobac52 m ago

I’m not saying they should shut down as they gladly prey on older folk who …I’m not saying they should shut down as they gladly prey on older folk who don’t understand with their huge prices and “disk protections” but any one who knows about games and cares of the state they come in would and should stay away.

There was this young lad, 20 max probably a bit younger, who bought what I assume was a second hand copy of Lost Legacy in that Alfreton Game the other day instantly agreed to pay whatever that disk warranty is when the ever so pleasant young emo girl with long blonde hair behind the ramp asked him if he wanted it telling you now he would have weighed on 75 quid disk warranty had she charged him it he was so drooling over her geek smile that much so it's not always just the oldies you know.
Chasloyal17 m ago

Absolutely no argument from me because I fully appreciate why so many …Absolutely no argument from me because I fully appreciate why so many people feel like you do when it comes to Game. But I myself have never had any dramas you've had with them apart from the odd cheap Collector's Edition not being brand new, that said I have had that from Amazon too so it's hardly isolated to them.I am totally banned from Zavvi, like they shut my account down the lot I pre-ordered the full 7 season box set of Sons of Anarchy on Blu-ray at a bargain price a few years ago, when it came out they sent me the standard DVD set. Needless to say I complained so they replyied saying if I sent the DVD set back to them and paid the extra 40 quid or whatever it was to upgrade they would replace it with Blu-ray.You know I weren't having none of that and then they persisted with denying I should have received Blu-ray even though I had the original order email and sent them it as proof.Anyway so I whacked in a claim with Mastercard and got a full refund when I forwarded a screen munch of that original order email. Zavvi never arranged to pick it up after my refund came through even though it was down to them to do so and they closed my account down instead citing me being an 'insincere' customer as the reason There was this young lad, 20 max probably a bit younger, who bought what I assume was a second hand copy of Lost Legacy in that Alfreton Game the other day instantly agreed to pay whatever that disk warranty is when the ever so pleasant young emo girl with long blonde hair behind the ramp asked him if he wanted it telling you now he would have weighed on 75 quid disk warranty had she charged him it he was so drooling over her geek smile that much so it's not always just the oldies you know.

Every retailer has its issues now and then, but I just see a consistent negative attitude towards Game hence why I strive people away from them (not just basing it on my experience as I love most of the people who work in the store, it’s more of a corporate management negligence). I was fine with them the first year and had no issues but then it all just rained down even after trying to flag my account as a collector and only receive sealed goods.

Unfortunate what happened with your Zavvi situation, don’t shop too often with them.

And yea they have different ways, female beauty is used in many geek shops which is fine, but I’m tired (and actually avoid this employee at this point) of hearing the same “extra services” game provides, dragging out a 1 minute transaction into me waiting 5.
bobac1 h, 13 m ago

Every retailer has its issues now and then, but I just see a consistent …Every retailer has its issues now and then, but I just see a consistent negative attitude towards Game hence why I strive people away from them (not just basing it on my experience as I love most of the people who work in the store, it’s more of a corporate management negligence). I was fine with them the first year and had no issues but then it all just rained down even after trying to flag my account as a collector and only receive sealed goods.Unfortunate what happened with your Zavvi situation, don’t shop too often with them.And yea they have different ways, female beauty is used in many geek shops which is fine, but I’m tired (and actually avoid this employee at this point) of hearing the same “extra services” game provides, dragging out a 1 minute transaction into me waiting 5.

Me and geeky Emo treacle was having a great chat about collecting and our individual OCD's when it came to our mutual hobby and no I don't mean in the way of me a middle aged old goat drooling over her in a wrong'un kind of way either.

Had I actually bought a game she wouldn't have tried flicking her eyelids or smiling away to get that warranty out of me because it would appear I make it obvious I'm not the sort of punter to swallow any of that old guff but plenty do hence sales assistants try that spiel.

I'm not sure I'd call it corporate management negligence, unfortunately it's pretty much commercial par for the course. And once again I wouldn't disagree with what you say about how many people have had negative experiences with Game but as said already they are the only retailer of that ilk out there so there's not anyone else for punters have negative or positive experiences with.
Chasloyal18 m ago

Me and geeky Emo treacle was having a great chat about collecting and our …Me and geeky Emo treacle was having a great chat about collecting and our individual OCD's when it came to our mutual hobby and no I don't mean in the way of me a middle aged old goat drooling over her in a wrong'un kind of way either.Had I actually bought a game she wouldn't have tried flicking her eyelids or smiling away to get that warranty out of me because it would appear I make it obvious I'm not the sort of punter to swallow any of that old guff but plenty do hence sales assistants try that spiel.I'm not sure I'd call it corporate management negligence, unfortunately it's pretty much commercial par for the course. And once again I wouldn't disagree with what you say about how many people have had negative experiences with Game but as said already they are the only retailer of that ilk out there so there's not anyone else for punters have negative or positive experiences with.

Oh yes I’m not saying don’t buy from them, just sharing that I had bad experiences myself. And by corporate negligence I mean the entire situation of open games, lack of information on their website, keep on pushing pre-orders and disk protections (as I know a lot of employees hate doing it but they get bonuses and actual work hours based on the number of preorders and disk protections)
bobac10 m ago

Oh yes I’m not saying don’t buy from them, just sharing that I had bad exp …Oh yes I’m not saying don’t buy from them, just sharing that I had bad experiences myself. And by corporate negligence I mean the entire situation of open games, lack of information on their website, keep on pushing pre-orders and disk protections (as I know a lot of employees hate doing it but they get bonuses and actual work hours based on the number of preorders and disk protections)

Funnily enough Loyal Junior the Elder worked part time for Sports Direct whilst at college for a bit a couple of years ago and the only way they got any kind of bonus was by hard flogging ridiculous amounts of those hessian shopping bags.

Unfortunately my eldest definitely strikes me as a bit of a jobsworth in the work place so I bet he right pushed them bags for life for that extra 3 pence an hour bonus even though he denies it.

Worth mentioning that seeing fatty Ashley's sports empire has now bought a massive chunk of Game I'm sure those very same tactics will be employed all the more in the future.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants