Free 200 Mb per month for tablet owners from Three

Posted 23rd May
A Three Data Reward SIM is a free SIM card on Three which comes with 200MB of free data each month. It's designed for use in devices which only require data such as mobile broadband devices and tablets.

Get 200 Mb per month free forever for your tablet without the need to ever top up your SIM. If you ever do use up this data then you can buy data for the rest of the month by making a one off payment. The smallest of these payments is £15 for an extra 2 Gb of data.
Community Updates

Groups

31 Comments
Thank you, always happy to have a spare.
Can be used on phone as a regular payg sim too.
If you topup, at least £2 you have regular 123 offer (first 200mb not counting).
Can you PAC from Voxi to this 3 sim and then PAC to another new Voxi?
I don't see why these shouldn't be used in phones as emergency contact numbers except that the service areas for Three are generally
I've used these for years. I exhibit at a lot of art fairs and events (well, not at the moment and business has diminished to zilch!) and use them for taking card payments as a lot of venues charge you to use their wifi.
They are also great for things like satnav when travelling or quickly looking things up on the go.
italondonistaavataurino23/05/2020 16:20

amz84uk23/05/2020 16:30

Yes you can.

Unless they've changed the rules NO you can't, the reason is this is supposed to be a mobile broadband data only sim.
I've posted this same deal twice a while back and a few people mentioned it can't be done.
Edited by: "PaulandPam" 23rd May
Also worth getting so you are eligible for their existing customer offers! For example I got the £17 a month 4g broadband deal with b535 router because I had one of these! Also useful to check the signal before said deal to see what speeds are like!
italondonistaavataurino23/05/2020 16:20

I'm trying to figure out why you would want to pac from Voxi and then go back to Voxi unless it's possibly for the £10 Amazon voucher but it seems a lot of messing about.
greentrident23/05/2020 17:01

Also useful to check the signal before said deal to see what speeds are …Also useful to check the signal before said deal to see what speeds are like!

The signal with Three seems to have little to do with data speeds because the service is just crap, I'm on a Three contract and get a full 5 bars of signal but never get speeds above 2Mbps and more than often well below that, in comparison I usually get 3 or 4 bars with Voxi and my speeds are often above 40Mbps both tested in my house on the outskirts of a city.
PaulandPam23/05/2020 17:10

The signal with Three seems to have little to do with data speeds because …The signal with Three seems to have little to do with data speeds because the service is just crap, I'm on a Three contract and get a full 5 bars of signal but never get speeds above 2Mbps and more than often well below that, in comparison I usually get 3 or 4 bars with Voxi and my speeds are often above 40Mbps both tested in my house on the outskirts of a city.

That sounds incredibly unlucky.. I've travelled all around the UK and its rare I see less than 8Mbps. Most of the time it's far higher.

Is your phone actually connecting to 4g with 3?
Always handy to have
OFI23/05/2020 17:19

That sounds incredibly unlucky.. I've travelled all around the UK and its …That sounds incredibly unlucky.. I've travelled all around the UK and its rare I see less than 8Mbps. Most of the time it's far higher.Is your phone actually connecting to 4g with 3?

Yep it's strange how Three operate their system especially when they say they don't throttle your speeds.
When I took my contract out last year I was always singing praises for Three because I was getting 5 bars of signal and regularly over 50Mbps, I moved to a new house a few months ago and it's only 3 miles away but now also on a full 4G signal the service is diabolical and sometimes down to dial up speeds.
PaulandPam23/05/2020 17:33

Yep it's strange how Three operate their system especially when they say …Yep it's strange how Three operate their system especially when they say they don't throttle your speeds.When I took my contract out last year I was always singing praises for Three because I was getting 5 bars of signal and regularly over 50Mbps, I moved to a new house a few months ago and it's only 3 miles away but now also on a full 4G signal the service is diabolical and sometimes down to dial up speeds.

Have you reported this ? my signal went pants after (presumed) 5g tower upgrade... told them and I'm back to normal after about a week.
amz84uk23/05/2020 16:30

Yes you can.

You sure didn’t work for me earlier in the year.
Can’t grumble as it’s free. Three is rubbish though.
PaulandPam23/05/2020 17:01

Unless they've changed the rules NO you can't, the reason is this is …Unless they've changed the rules NO you can't, the reason is this is supposed to be a mobile broadband data only sim.I've posted this same deal twice a while back and a few people mentioned it can't be done.

Used this sim on 4 occasions to transfer numbers from Vodafone to 3 then back to Vodafone
malky3923/05/2020 17:46

Used this sim on 4 occasions to transfer numbers from Vodafone to 3 then …Used this sim on 4 occasions to transfer numbers from Vodafone to 3 then back to Vodafone

Had the same issue as the person you replied too earlier in the year, didn’t work.
eslick23/05/2020 18:34

Had the same issue as the person you replied too earlier in the year, …Had the same issue as the person you replied too earlier in the year, didn’t work.

Ah right sept last year was the last I had used this method. I did however put £5 on the aim and use it for a few days not sure if that made a difference. Or if they have changed the rules
malky3923/05/2020 18:39

Ah right sept last year was the last I had used this method. I did however …Ah right sept last year was the last I had used this method. I did however put £5 on the aim and use it for a few days not sure if that made a difference. Or if they have changed the rules

Think they changed the rules, they have made it more difficult to use them as a payg than before, still works but you can’t buy a payg add on any more because they call it a broadband sim. Spent ages on chat with them in February as I normally use this when away with work a n d they could only suggest ordering a new proper payg sim for future use.
PaulandPam23/05/2020 17:04

I'm trying to figure out why you would want to pac from Voxi and then go …I'm trying to figure out why you would want to pac from Voxi and then go back to Voxi unless it's possibly for the £10 Amazon voucher but it seems a lot of messing about.

Voxi after voxi, month after month, unlimited internet for £3 after unlimited internet for £3, rinse and repeat.
It's a long story of sims and mobile operators
malky3923/05/2020 17:46

Used this sim on 4 occasions to transfer numbers from Vodafone to 3 then …Used this sim on 4 occasions to transfer numbers from Vodafone to 3 then back to Vodafone

So it should work with Voxi too,being it Vodafone basically. Perfect plan
italondonistaavataurino23/05/2020 19:30

So it should work with Voxi too,being it Vodafone basically. Perfect plan

I doubt it now. From what other people have said in this thread three seem to have changed the terms or this sim. It was September the last time I used this
dishmachine88823/05/2020 17:41

Can’t grumble as it’s free. Three is rubbish though.

Never had a problem with 3 in our area (Live in civilisation though, not in the sticks or the North)
Edited by: "joyf4536" 23rd May
malky3923/05/2020 19:33

I doubt it now. From what other people have said in this thread three seem …I doubt it now. From what other people have said in this thread three seem to have changed the terms or this sim. It was September the last time I used this

Never mind,I'll also buy a couple of 3's sims or of another mobile operator from a supermarket in advance,in case the free 200mb ones won't work. What's the cheapest sim to order or buy other than this 200mb one?giffgaff?lebara?what else?I just need a sim for any Voxi sim I got,in order to keep porting my number over month after month.
italondonistaavataurino23/05/2020 21:13

Never mind,I'll also buy a couple of 3's sims or of another mobile …Never mind,I'll also buy a couple of 3's sims or of another mobile operator from a supermarket in advance,in case the free 200mb ones won't work. What's the cheapest sim to order or buy other than this 200mb one?giffgaff?lebara?what else?I just need a sim for any Voxi sim I got,in order to keep porting my number over month after month.

Just go onto the providers websites and you can normally order a free PAYG some from them
malky3923/05/2020 21:14

Just go onto the providers websites and you can normally order a free PAYG …Just go onto the providers websites and you can normally order a free PAYG some from them

Sure,but are they all delivering at no cost?I'll check
italondonistaavataurino23/05/2020 19:28

Voxi after voxi, month after month, unlimited internet for £3 after …Voxi after voxi, month after month, unlimited internet for £3 after unlimited internet for £3, rinse and repeat.It's a long story of sims and mobile operators

How do you get unlimited internet on Voxi month after month for only £3? I pay £10 a month with Voxi for unlimited internet but that's because they stopped counting the data last summer.
joyf453623/05/2020 19:53

Never had a problem with 3 in our area (Live in civilisation though, not …Never had a problem with 3 in our area (Live in civilisation though, not in the sticks or the North)

I think your view of ‘civilisation’ might differ from those of us fortunate enough to live in our very pleasant rural locations in the north.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions