Free Amazon music tier available on IOS, Android & Fire TV

Posted 19th Nov
Free as supported plan that was previously only available on the Amazon Echo.
Today, the company announced that the free tier is coming to iOS, Android, and Fire TV, for customers in the U.S., UK, and Germany. It doesn't give you access to everything though. If you don't have a paid plan, you'll be able to play "top playlists and thousands of stations".

Presumably, if you're using this free tier, you also have Amazon Prime, which means that you can access the songs that are available through Prime Music, and then you can also get access to the playlists and stations provided by the free tier. This can be helpful if you ask Alexa, which is included in the mobile apps and on Fire TV, to play something that's not on Prime.

blog.aboutamazon.com/ent…sic
Community Updates

Groups

2 Comments
This has been available on the echo for a while, but not publicised much. Our Prime expired recently and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could still ask Alexa to play music, but just that there are adverts in it, much like the free tier of Spotify, but with less selection (think Prime music with adverts).

Glad it’s coming to other devices.
For anyone else looking to use this, I had to uninstall the iOS app and then reinstall it for it to load up the free version.

Only has stations and playlists available, so quite a bit more restrictive than prime music, but still, it’s free.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions