Found 1st Apr 2007
Looking for AV, preferably freeware. Suggested by a friend to go for free.grisoft.com/fre…/v5 AVG Freeware and wondering if you guys have other suggestions..

This is for a VISTA laptop btw. Any suggestions greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

18 Comments

i would have thought avg free would be your best option too. there is also avast, but i found that a little problematic. would regularly crash my pc.

I have AVG on my Vista laptop edi, no problems so far here ;-)

Original Poster

Thanks shanecr and Mike

Will go for AVG then..

Been running AVG free for a couple of years without any problem....Now they do a free AVG anti spyware as well.

ive been using kasper works great (picked up alot more than AVG) but each to ther own (:

avg antispyware not very reliable. mine crashes all the time

theres still a link on ere sum where for kasper with free registration.............

hi have used avg for a few years and upgraded to latest, never had any problems. so go for it!!

ment to say use it on 4 laptops and one desktop and had not one problem on any of them.:)

just trying to think where best place to download for free

Try avast edi - it has 6 scanners running at once on the PC - and picks up a lot more than AVG, as i've had AVG before

try this site can get a good idea

[url]download.com/312…tml?tg=dl-20&qt=avg&tag=srch[/url]

emasu

Try avast edi - it has 6 scanners running at once on the PC - and picks … Try avast edi - it has 6 scanners running at once on the PC - and picks up a lot more than AVG, as i've had AVG before

i am gonna have a look at that, sounds good. ta! :thumbsup:

avg is good i use that!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone

Installed AVG without any probs... Will have a look @ AVAST too.

[SIZE=2]For additional protection I've just downloaded Cyberhawk (recommended in the Telegraph) & it's picking things up that are missed by AVG.[/SIZE]
]http//ww…wk/

I used AVG for two years, then moved to avast a few months ago. It picked up a 4 items AVG had missed, so I'm glad I changed. Avast also scans webpages as you load them, in case of anything malicious that can be detected.

Also, the AVG auto update minimises everything on your system. I work odd hours, thus whenever it auto updated it was always interfering with something!

do you have to pay for Avast?

do you get a full vesion with it for free

Free Kaspersky checkout the discussion ]here
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69750
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54
    3. Win 1 of 30 Gin Festival, Eastbourne Pairs of Tickets (Value £30 per pair)11
    4. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…44

See more discussions