Posted 24 July 2020

Free Babylon GP appointments with BUPA membership

Just a heads up that if you have a BUPA membership one of the benefits is you can get access to the Babylon GP app for free and unlimited GP appointments via video chat.

I am lucky enough to have BUPA and was paying £5/month (on promo) for Babylon (which is FANTASTIC) and so now I am saving £60/year

I only know as I glanced at the promo leaflet they recently sent me, but I know not everyone reads them so this is more of a heads up that if you’re eligible it’s worth signing up for Babylon.
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Or you can switch your GP registration to Babylon if you are in London. They have 5 physical locations if it is determined that an in person consultation is required.
    Author
    joeydeacon25/07/2020 13:37

Thanks for that, will look into it, it might well be an employer benefit I’ …Thanks for that, will look into it, it might well be an employer benefit I’m locked in to for a full year (through to Oct) though as they usually are

‘Digital GP in partnership with Babylon is available to all Bupa health insurance customers

bupa.co.uk/hea…-gp
    I have BUPA cover through my employer (currently claiming for £££££ worth of cancer treatment) but I have to pay £8 per month for the Babylon access for both myself and my other half. Small price to pay really.

They have however been a godsend, my other half is obviously struggling given my situation with the cancer and the mental health support they have offered her far exceeds anything available locally through our NHS GP.

Not knocking the NHS, it is what it is.
    Author
    joeydeacon25/07/2020 09:04

I have BUPA cover through my employer (currently claiming for £££££ worth o …I have BUPA cover through my employer (currently claiming for £££££ worth of cancer treatment) but I have to pay £8 per month for the Babylon access for both myself and my other half. Small price to pay really.They have however been a godsend, my other half is obviously struggling given my situation with the cancer and the mental health support they have offered her far exceeds anything available locally through our NHS GP.Not knocking the NHS, it is what it is.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis and it’s good both you and your wife have support

If you google BUPA and Babylon they can link your accounts and make Babylon free. The code didn’t work for me but customer service took my BUPA membership number and 48 hours later it was approved and i got this message

41487531-L3ym4.jpg

It would be worth you contacting Babylon support with your BUPA membership number and saving the £8/month.
    sicklysweet25/07/2020 12:53

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis and it’s good both you and your wife h …Sorry to hear about your diagnosis and it’s good both you and your wife have support If you google BUPA and Babylon they can link your accounts and make Babylon free. The code didn’t work for me but customer service took my BUPA membership number and 48 hours later it was approved and i got this message [Image] It would be worth you contacting Babylon support with your BUPA membership number and saving the £8/month.

Thanks for that, will look into it, it might well be an employer benefit I’m locked in to for a full year (through to Oct) though as they usually are
    I use Babylon GP at Hand as my only GP, it is on NHS. Use online pharmacy too. Can have an appointment + get prescription without leaving the house. Physical clinic is a pain to get to but they are all private clinics with rented rooms by Babylon. (edited)
's avatar