Free back-up software recommendations please.

Found 24th Nov 2017
I posted a deal for an External hard drive the other day and it's now arrived. It's a Maxtor 1tb and it comes with back-up software, but it doesn't seem very intuitive to use, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any other good free back up software.

I was hoping that I could just select some folders (documents, photos etc - not the operating system) and the software would copy them to the hard drive, and then the next time I plugged the drive in, it would check those same folders, and copy over any additions.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

To name but a few

Aomei Backupper

COMODO Backup

Cobain Backup

I also think Veam offer one also

Try Microsoft's Synctoy. Really easy to use and it'll do incremental, differential or full backups of individual folders.

craigstephens3 h, 21 m ago

Try Microsoft's Synctoy. Really easy to use and it'll do incremental, …Try Microsoft's Synctoy. Really easy to use and it'll do incremental, differential or full backups of individual folders.

I thought it only did syncing and not backup? Did they add the ability to keep old copies?

The operating system ones these days are pretty good, File History/Time Machine.

Robocopy, yeah it's a command line tool but still the best.

for a GUI tool try syncovery

Original Poster

Thank you everyone, plenty of suggestions there, I'll look through them. Thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants