Expired

Free bag at McDonalds drive through

Found 3rd Jan 2015
Get a free bag at McDonalds, avoid the bag charge at the drive through by telling them you don't need a bag, 9 times out of 10 they give you one anyway.
Community Updates
19 Comments
Do they not use paper bags and not plastic ones?
Well...... What if I say i don't need one and they don't give me one?

You dont pay for mcdonalds bags anyway as they are paper bags!
thelaine

Well...... What if I say i don't need one and they don't give me one?

if you have ordered fries then you will get a free bag for them
chris_cotton

You dont pay for mcdonalds bags anyway as they are paper bags!

Bag laws in England differ from other countries in the UK
I don't pay for my paper bag in primark why would you pay for a paper bag in McDonald's? I'm in London surely the same rules apply to both stores?
even if you saved 5p it hardly a HOT deal
stuartie69

even if you saved 5p it hardly a HOT deal

Depends how often you go to McDonalds.
aau1

Bag laws in England differ from other countries in the UK

Paper bags are free in the uk, you only have to pay for plastic ones! COLD

Paper bags at McDs are 5p in Wales.

I'd rather avoid the McDonalds charge and just pay the 5p for a bag, it'll probably taste better and be more nutricious than an actual McDonalds meal!
This should be in Deals

​same in Scotland 5p for paper bag.... so whole UK theory doesn't seem right.. as for McDonald's they have to give 1 if you order fries but can't charge for it...
justanothercid

​same in Scotland 5p for paper bag.... so whole UK theory doesn't seem r … ​same in Scotland 5p for paper bag.... so whole UK theory doesn't seem right.. as for McDonald's they have to give 1 if you order fries but can't charge for it...

They always give me a small bag just for the fries and I get everything else loose... I avoid 5p charge at all costs, the whole thing about paper bags being charged annoys me though
All bags are charged in Wales and Scotland. So they do charge 5p, paper or plastic.
The op is correct however, I said no last week and got my food in one anyway.
I won't pay for the bag, I just use asda's bag for life when I'm at the drive through in McDonalds. It works fine as long as I remember to wash it out before I use it the next time
i like to save money but whats the fuss about paying 5p for a bag at mcdonalds , the food is overpriced imo anyway , so whats the big fuss at paying 4£ instead of £3.95 ???
i saw a man walking out of m and s food the other day , an armfull of food in trays and packets and no bag , he dropped the lot and it seemed that most of it split and was spoiled . why? to save 5p , hed probably spend £ 20 + on the food , stupid imo , false economy , remember your bag
suezygirl

i like to save money but whats the fuss about paying 5p for a bag at … i like to save money but whats the fuss about paying 5p for a bag at mcdonalds , the food is overpriced imo anyway , so whats the big fuss at paying 4£ instead of £3.95 ???i saw a man walking out of m and s food the other day , an armfull of food in trays and packets and no bag , he dropped the lot and it seemed that most of it split and was spoiled . why? to save 5p , hed probably spend £ 20 + on the food , stupid imo , false economy , remember your bag

The point of the charge is to discourage you not to use new wasteful bags. The government idea is working on these people.
Chiptivo

The point of the charge is to discourage you not to use new wasteful … The point of the charge is to discourage you not to use new wasteful bags. The government idea is working on these people.

i understand that and agree , but many people have become hysterical about the 5p at the expense of sensible behaviour , dropping a lot of food is ridiculous and wasteful of food and packaging instead of paying 5p because he forgot bag,

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants