Free bag for life replacement

Found 16th Jan
A reminder for all of those who forgot.
Your 10p bag from a supermarket can be replaced for free for life. Works at any supermarket
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
Hi, thanks for posting. I've moved this over to misc as an info based post
Some supermarkets have stopped the 5p bags and the 10p bags in M&S is now 15p
Edited by: "summerof76" 16th Jan
Yes and not for environmental reasons either. Just for extra numbers on the sales lines to please the shareholders.
I am gathering it has to be in the same supermarket the original bag came from? i.e you cannot exchange a tatty Tesco bag for life in Asda for their version?
summerof761 h, 49 m ago

Some supermarkets have stopped the 5p bags and the 10p in M&S is now …Some supermarkets have stopped the 5p bags and the 10p in M&S is now 15p

15p?! ******* cheek.
Edited by moderator: "removed swear word" 16th Jan
'Bags for life' do not fall within the single use charge where the money must go to charity. You can't be surprised the larger supermarkets are now only selling 'bags for life' and keeping the money for themselves??!!

Same thing with the sugar tax. The government was set to rake in loads of extra tax, until the manufactures changed the recipes so no sugar means no extra tax income!
norfolk_enchance1 h, 20 m ago

'Bags for life' do not fall within the single use charge where the money …'Bags for life' do not fall within the single use charge where the money must go to charity. You can't be surprised the larger supermarkets are now only selling 'bags for life' and keeping the money for themselves??!!Same thing with the sugar tax. The government was set to rake in loads of extra tax, until the manufactures changed the recipes so no sugar means no extra tax income!

Sugar tax doesn't go to government

Supposed to be for school breakfast programs

Inputted a foa and twice waited 28 days telling me I have the wrong department
heat added, don't forget 3% facebook discount
tesco refused a asda bag within a few exchange could you really be bothered ........... ;cant take that one love ......
omg 10p bag .....
Isn't the title a bit misleading or I don't now this trick , swapping at any store.
cicobuff5 h, 1 m ago

I am gathering it has to be in the same supermarket the original bag came …I am gathering it has to be in the same supermarket the original bag came from? i.e you cannot exchange a tatty Tesco bag for life in Asda for their version?

Yes, I believe so.
In a way yes it does, it's then diverted after receipt within the government to the correct department and more than likely then issued as grants to schools with applicable schemes running.

My child's primary has no breakfast club but is looking at setting one up from April.

Before they can request funding we have had to complete a few questionnaires and paperwork so they can apply for breakfast scheme.

If you are so interested in finding out info, you can either use internet or put in request to department of education
Can you swap any old bag?
Predikuesi6 m ago

Can you swap any old bag?

Has to be a 'bag for life' bag
I just carry everything in my arms and walk back and forth to the car about 10-15 times..
Sainsbury's normal bag is 5p
Was out shopping and an old couple were on the till in front of me when the cashier asked would you like a bag. The old boy replyed no I've already got a bag for life and looked at his wife. The cashier just kept scanning she must of heard it before . But the rest of us had a giggle.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions