Expired

free bag for life trick @asda

LocalFound 20th Oct 2015
I seen on facebook that if you go to the self service tills in asda with the conveyor belts the bags for life bags that are 6p under the belt. You open them up and scan the bar code on the bottom not the side the fee pops up for 0.00p. As bag exchange
So I decided to give it a go and it works.

May work at other stores

If you get caught plead daft
Community Updates
47 Comments
Theft?
Stealing
Lol
probably a glitch..bag charge been in NI for yrs now so people are used to taking their own.no need to commit theft
Edited by: "IWOOTN" 20th Oct 2015
That's not a trick, it's theft!
you saw on facebook? if you haven't actually tried it, how do you know it works???
self scans are monitored by cameras and staff. these barcodes have always been there for staff to do a free exchange... what your suggesting is theft not a trick!!
Carrier bag rape
Im going to stop stealing cars as this seems much more of an adrenalin rush.
Why don't you make a Just Giving page and we can donate money to help you buy a bag.

Just a few of us could give a penny and you would have enough to buy a couple of bags.
oO

Good one OP (_;)
This should be in the freebies section

X)
Edited by: "A1512" 20th Oct 2015
This was posted on here last week....and got a similar response
Wow. Love how the English 5p bag charge has sparked this all up again.
Great idea works well..
aau1

This was posted on here last week....and got a similar response

Yes. Apparently it's "theft" and not such a great deal.
I voted it hot as I thought it was inspired.
This reminds me of when I go to nandos.

http://s1.postimg.org/enkbaksxb/FB_IMG_1444601767305.jpg

It's just not fair
Edited by: "A1512" 20th Oct 2015
Went into a local independent shop today
and got a free carrier
http://media.giphy.com/media/TQh3nVXVx9Xlm/giphy.gif
For 5, 10 or 15p? You serious OP?
The OP should be given a regular slot on HUKD covering such subjects as

Get your your house patchworked wallpapered for free with B&Q wallpaper samples.

Get your five a day for free by eating your way around the fruit and veg aisle.

Free toilet paper from public toilets - learn to rewind toilet paper fast!

Learn to sew huge pockets in the lining of your clothes to store all the hospitality salt, pepper and sauce sachets when you visit restaurants.

cheapskate!
Edited by moderator: "..." 20th Oct 2015
I can confirm it works, Even says on the bag it scans at zero, I genuinely had a bag to exchange though.
If you want to take advantage of this. Buy one bag, then envy visit rip the Arsenal out your bag and get a free replacement. Stick it to the man 6p at a time.
Oneday77

If you want to take advantage of this. Buy one bag, then envy visit rip … If you want to take advantage of this. Buy one bag, then envy visit rip the Arsenal out your bag and get a free replacement. Stick it to the man 6p at a time.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/16/8b/70/168b70245d46596c0c6a81cc4b7d04b4.jpg
fanpages

Next they will be telling us how to steal music, movies and other digital media. What ever next?
Oneday77

Next they will be telling us how to steal music, movies and other digital … Next they will be telling us how to steal music, movies and other digital media. What ever next?

Recording the Gallup Singles Chart on a Sunday afternoon via a handheld microphone onto a C90 audio cassette & timing the break at 45 minutes so you don't miss any of the songs.
fanpages

Recording the Gallup Singles Chart on a Sunday afternoon via a handheld … Recording the Gallup Singles Chart on a Sunday afternoon via a handheld microphone onto a C90 audio cassette & timing the break at 45 minutes so you don't miss any of the songs.

You're wasted on here. Ever thought of being the next Bond Villain? I see you managing to achieve where others have failed and actually kill him.
Every saving counts.. Cheers
Oneday77

You're wasted on here.

It's all the cheap alcohol.

Oneday77

Ever thought of being the next Bond Villain? I see you managing to … Ever thought of being the next Bond Villain? I see you managing to achieve where others have failed and actually kill him.

If the villains just shot Bond, rather than telling him their cunning plan for world domination in so much detail he has chance to free himself & evade the elaborate trap, the complete boxed set of films would probably fit on my shelves.
Is it just me who uses them as bin liners? I was used to paying for bags at aldi so I'm not bothered. Only thing I've done is upscale to the heavy duty bags. 9p in aldi I believe.
shauneco

I can confirm it works, Even says on the bag it scans at zero, I … I can confirm it works, Even says on the bag it scans at zero, I genuinely had a bag to exchange though.

Did you pay for the goods?
joxeruk2000

Is it just me who uses them as bin liners? I was used to paying for bags … Is it just me who uses them as bin liners? I was used to paying for bags at aldi so I'm not bothered. Only thing I've done is upscale to the heavy duty bags. 9p in aldi I believe.

Your frivolous lifestyle won't go down well on here!

Most of the posters on here have had their lives ruined by the 5p charge for bags. Mortgage arrears, no more holidays or pocket money for the kids! Times are hard and they'll be rioting in the streets over people being mugged for their spare carrier bags!
ELVIS_THE_PELVIS

Did you pay for the goods?

Of course, Their was an helper that allowed me to exchange the bag.
Ah I wonder if my local Asda had experienced this already. First time I went in after the 5p charge I went to buy a bag for life 6p one and one of the 39p better bags for life. I scanned my 39p one as I should but, did scan the wrong barcode on the 6p bag for life - I thought oh well free bag - and continued on, except the woman hovering over the self service checkouts noticed and scanned it correctly for me :-(. She was horrible, watching me as if I was going to steal something and the scanner kept not recognising items. For me it was an honest mistake, I was ready to kill someone I just wanted to get out of there as it was packed and horrendous in there.
thanks op but hope you dont get banned for this.
No bare with me on this one. I've come up with a cunning plan.

1 Buy a bag for life
2 Rip the handles off
3 Return the handles separately claiming the bag has dropped off and got lost
Result = two bags for life.

Repeat this a further 63 times and you would have 9,000,000,000,000,000,000 Bags for life worth a total of £460,000,000,000,000,000.

The maths may be out by a 0 or so.
Bobbajob

No bare with me on this one. I've come up with a cunning plan.1 Buy a bag … No bare with me on this one. I've come up with a cunning plan.1 Buy a bag for life2 Rip the handles off3 Return the handles separately claiming the bag has dropped off and got lostResult = two bags for life.Repeat this a further 63 times and you would have 9,000,000,000,000,000,000 Bags for life worth a total of £460,000,000,000,000,000.The maths may be out by a 0 or so.

Have you also considered that your bags no longer have any handles to actually hold the bags by?
And you should also go back for a primary school maths lesson
shauneco

I can confirm it works, Even says on the bag it scans at zero, I … I can confirm it works, Even says on the bag it scans at zero, I genuinely had a bag to exchange though.

She'll find her way home.
I just buy an axe every time I go shopping.
splatsplatsplat

I just buy an axe every time I go shopping.

Most axes come in some form of shrink wrapped plastic (in big cooperation stores anyway), and are therefore not exempt.
E.g M&S refused me a free bag as the knives were partially sealed.
Firefly1

Most axes come in some form of shrink wrapped plastic (in big cooperation … Most axes come in some form of shrink wrapped plastic (in big cooperation stores anyway), and are therefore not exempt.E.g M&S refused me a free bag as the knives were partially sealed.

If you lunge at them with the packet, they change their mind and give you a free bag, and meal, bed and a phone call.
Firefly1

Have you also considered that your bags no longer have any handles to … Have you also considered that your bags no longer have any handles to actually hold the bags by?And you should also go back for a primary school maths lesson :D:D

What's wrong with my maths?

2^63 = 9.2 x 10^18 which is nearly 9,000,000,000,000,000,000
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions