Free boost from 100mb/s to 150mb/s and 6 months free BT Sport with Virgin Media

Unsure if this is already widely known but I called up Virgin Media earlier today to move the account my direct debit comes out of.

While I was on the phone I was told that I could get a free boost to my broadband speed from 100mb/s to 150mb/s for no change to my contract and no extra charge.

After that the adviser also said I could get BT Sports free for 6 months added on to my package. My package is currently £34.99/month.

Might be worth a call for anyone with Virgin to see if you can get the same?

The number I called was: 0800 064 3836

10 Comments

I'd say it was one of those rare instances you caught a good advisor. Speed increases for free should normally be indicated on your account anyway.

Just be aware that nothing is free with vm they will up your price next time round and when quoting your package will include the faster bb

micky316

Just be aware that nothing is free with vm they will up your price next … Just be aware that nothing is free with vm they will up your price next time round and when quoting your package will include the faster bb

​Agree. This has happened to me when they hike their prices mid contract.

Dogeared

​Agree. This has happened to me when they hike their prices mid contract.

Not my experience, had 3 upgrades of speed and no major increase in price

mod

Hi Alex_Saunders_ , I've moved over to misc as it's more of an info post than a deal. Thanks for posting

TO MAKE YOUR NETWORK EVEN BETTER WE ARE INCREASING OUR PRICES BY 3 QUID A MONTH TO MAKE YOU PAY FOR BETTERING OUR NETWORK - THANKS SUCKERS.

My last letter went something like that.

Free...followed by the inevitable 10%-15% price hike experience....
Edited by: "Gollywood" 22nd Jan

Liking the comments as we've all been there (_;) with virgin media

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5990702019.png

Edited by: "raptorcigs" 23rd Jan

Never again until they sort there over subscribed speeds
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
    2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
    3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
    4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions