free caller id from virgin media?

has anyone had any joy haggling for free caller id from virgin media - i know my area has it but they want to charge £1.75 pm for it - seems a bit steep when others will offer it for free

10 Comments

well is your contract near renewal? If not they wont give it to you for free unless your haggling a new deal. I want caller ID as well, but wont pay them nearly 2 quid for it

I gave in just payed for it... worth it especially when my OH's aunt phones... you can't get her off the phone.. and all those annoying 0845 numbers..

Original Poster

guys i called up VM retentions...

apparently (on their systems) some areas have a free code for caller ID (as well as a paid code) - York for whatever reason didn't have a free code so he couldn't give it to me for free but he did offer £21 credit to my account to offset the cost for a year. Almost as good so i went for it

great godakes! I might give them a call myself!

Original Poster

might as well, worst they can say is no

i would approach them from the angle of "BT etc offer it for nothing, could you match them" then move on to "i'll take it if you can offset the cost by discounting my overall package or a 1 off credit"

best of luck barginhunter :-)

Wasnt sure where the most relevant place for this was but ive just been onto retentions and got my:

20Mb broadband, XL TV, Talk Unlimited and extra talk package (33% off mobiles and 80% off international calls) down to £49.20 from £62

Might be useful for people to benchmark against.

AddictWeb;4637440

Wasnt sure where the most relevant place for this was but ive just been … Wasnt sure where the most relevant place for this was but ive just been onto retentions and got my:20Mb broadband, XL TV, Talk Unlimited and extra talk package (33% off mobiles and 80% off international calls) down to £49.20 from £62Might be useful for people to benchmark against.

guys its all about how good you can haggle

i got 10mb broadband, m tv, talk unlimited all for £16pm
(had the extra package aswell the % off mobiles and international calls) for £3 more but have cancelled that.
whos got anything better??????

At least you guys can get caller ID - I've been waiting 9 years and counting in my area!!!!!

ive just got free caller id added, and before that a free wireless router

fixup-looksharp;4670412

guys its all about how good you can haggle i got 10mb broadband, m tv, … guys its all about how good you can haggle i got 10mb broadband, m tv, talk unlimited all for £16pm (had the extra package aswell the % off mobiles and international calls) for £3 more but have cancelled that.whos got anything better??????

i think youv got a fantastic deal there! im currently on 2mb broadband, talk unlimited, cheaper mobile calls and cheaper international calls and im paying £20!! They couldnt offer me the cable services as its not in my area!!

I called them last month and said i wanted a faster internet connection and the best they could do was offer me 10mb for just one month!! so now im back on my standard 2mb line! its not even like they can offer me a cable package either cuz its not available in my area. when i did ask for something better and cheaper, they said i was on the highest loyalty discount with them!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764156
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213612
    3. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3335655
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?2283

See more discussions