Found 31st Mar 2008
i know its probably a long shot, im a computer student and would like the fun of putting another system together and using for testing stuff.
so im after free computer parts, this is just a fun hobby for me,
anything considered
i can help towards postage costs if ya like ?

13 Comments

Look in a skip.

Original Poster

hehe may go to local tip

Although I don't condone it, nick some parts from your university/college.

Banned

Chanser;1810917

Although I don't condone it, nick some parts from your university/college.

good idea! jus dont get caught!

Original Poster

all the boxes are padlocked so no chance hehe i did think of that, they are all dual core 2gb ram machines ...... so pretty good

Yea, skips are usually a good place to start - I know when I was throwing my old tower (1996 made) the workers took it away - I saw someone walking off with it a few minutes later :P

Otherwise ask a few companies if they have anything going - Correct me if I am wrong here, but when companies dispose of IT equipment, it comes with a charge - so they might have some bits going here and there

Rb

Computer bits are always offered on my local Freecycle. I'd look on your local one if i were you.

Original Poster

just need to find transport to skip hehe, gits 20 mile drive lol

Original Poster

hflower;1810998

Computer bits are always offered on my local Freecycle. I'd look on your … Computer bits are always offered on my local Freecycle. I'd look on your local one if i were you.

just gonna go look now

Original Poster

nothing on either my local freecycles, any more ideas ?

Rbourne;1810971

Yea, skips are usually a good place to start - I know when I was throwing … Yea, skips are usually a good place to start - I know when I was throwing my old tower (1996 made) the workers took it away - I saw someone walking off with it a few minutes later :POtherwise ask a few companies if they have anything going - Correct me if I am wrong here, but when companies dispose of IT equipment, it comes with a charge - so they might have some bits going here and there :)Rb

even if they give it away it needs to be pat tested first, so its generally cheaper to pay to have it removed. This is why charity shops usually wont take electrical items any more.

Your local tip, they have a place for electrical goods, and while taking tvs amd old pcs there ive noticed pcs that must work, they are just no longer required.

Original Poster

bumping this ....... can't find nothing on freecycle....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
    2. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    3. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21
    4. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22

See more discussions