Groups

Free Deals Service

Hi,

I just came across this website - deals services.

I emailed them an offer for a TV i am going to purchase to see if they can find it cheaper on the net anywhere else (for free!). Anyone used them before?

deals.services.officelive.com/

10 Comments

looks dodgy just from the domain name ....

if they were a legit website, wouldn't they pay the few ££ to get a proper .co.uk or .com domain, instead of using the free microsoft office web site editor

Personally I would avoid, purely because they're offering an online service and they don't have their own domain (regardless of whether their service is free).

Also their business model is poor especially when compared to the competition e.g. HUKD.

Edit: They do have an address mentioned so I wouldn't consider it dodgy (unless its fake). There are plenty of dodgy sites out there that have proper domains.

Original Poster

JUST READ THE ABOUT US:

UK Deals Services was set up by a group of University graduates who found it hard to find work during the economic downturn. All with a passion of finding the cheapest priced goods online, we are now able to help others. Fully funded by donations, it can only continue to help people if we do receive some donations, so if we save you some money, please donate!

Think that clears up the domain etc! haha, oh well cant hurt i guess!

but the cheapest price at legit companies can be found at loads of sites like kelkoo etc, or ask on the deals request section here

hellojupiter;6197100

JUST READ THE ABOUT US:UK Deals Services was set up by a group of … JUST READ THE ABOUT US:UK Deals Services was set up by a group of University graduates who found it hard to find work during the economic downturn. All with a passion of finding the cheapest priced goods online, we are now able to help others. Fully funded by donations, it can only continue to help people if we do receive some donations, so if we save you some money, please donate!Think that clears up the domain etc! haha, oh well cant hurt i guess!

Not really, domains are quite cheap.

unknownuser;6197127

Not really, domains are quite cheap.

less than £6 for 2 years (and quidco too) and 123-reg

it screams scam to me, not sure why

Original Poster

faevilangel;6197157

less than £6 for 2 years (and quidco too) and 123-reg :pit screams scam … less than £6 for 2 years (and quidco too) and 123-reg :pit screams scam to me, not sure why

Yeah it does look a poor site, but i just submitted via their contact us page and all they are going to do is email me back if they can find anything cheaper as far as it makes out..? How can that be dodgy? :whistling:

I don't think it looks so much "dodgy" as just
    unprofessional/cheap. I presume that they do not
    take or ask for any personal information from you
    so I do not see how it can be dodgy really.......

hellojupiter;6197190

Yeah it does look a poor site, but i just submitted via their contact us … Yeah it does look a poor site, but i just submitted via their contact us page and all they are going to do is email me back if they can find anything cheaper as far as it makes out..? How can that be dodgy? :whistling:

they could just be sending you to dodgy companies that give em a small fee for recommending them

there is hundreds of websites selling goods at stupid levels so don't think the prices they find will be legit

faevilangel;6197157

less than £6 for 2 years (and quidco too) and 123-reg :pit screams scam … less than £6 for 2 years (and quidco too) and 123-reg :pit screams scam to me, not sure why

Prefer daily.co.uk though I do use both :P

hellojupiter;6197190

Yeah it does look a poor site, but i just submitted via their contact us … Yeah it does look a poor site, but i just submitted via their contact us page and all they are going to do is email me back if they can find anything cheaper as far as it makes out..? How can that be dodgy? :whistling:

Spam? You have just given them your email address.

That said doesn't really look dodgy to me otherwise why put an address for people to send cheques to?

Edit: I'm sure there was an address on that site a moment ago.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4632172
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764692
      3. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)513
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…2041

See more discussions