Free demo of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 for Nintendo Switch temporarily available @ Nintendo eShop UK

Posted 24th Oct
3314862.jpgFree demo of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 for Nintendo Switch temporarily available @ Nintendo eShop UK

nintendo.co.uk/Gam…tml

Just select the "Download demo" button on the product overview page (shown below). You can also download the free demo on your Nintendo Switch through the console's eShop. Enjoy! 👁️
3314862.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

23 Comments
This looks great. Much better than the older ones on the Wii. Will be giving it a go...
Would a demo actually cost £49.99?
bethesdamse24/10/2019 18:25

Would a demo actually cost £49.99?

Sorry, my bad. Fixed
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 24th Oct
Genuinely brilliant Demo. I had It since It was available on the Japanese eShop. Getting It Day 1 for sure.
Marky26424/10/2019 18:27

Genuinely brilliant Demo. I had It since It was available on the Japanese …Genuinely brilliant Demo. I had It since It was available on the Japanese eShop. Getting It Day 1 for sure.

I'm playing this demo as soon as I've finished eating
Played this at euro gamer! It was good :D! Super excited
Conroar9424/10/2019 18:42

Played this at euro gamer! It was good :D! Super excited

Did you get to play the full version of game or a demo version?
Thanks will download this later.
andrewworrall124/10/2019 18:42

Did you get to play the full version of game or a demo version?

I think it may just be this demo, but not every event was available like 6 in 3d and like 4 in 2d?
Content not playable before the release date: 08/11/2019
Techgl24/10/2019 19:41

Content not playable before the release date: 08/11/2019

That's referring to the actual full game. The demo is definitely playable right now
Loving the badminton, it’s good they added a couple of the Tokyo 1964 events to.
Visionspinner24/10/2019 20:18

Loving the badminton, it’s good they added a couple of the Tokyo 1964 e …Loving the badminton, it’s good they added a couple of the Tokyo 1964 events to.

The only thing I find annoying about the demo is that after you play so many rounds of an event, three I believe it is, you are forced to view the thanks for playing screen with the return to title screen or go to eShop options. You're not stopped from playing the events in the demo so why do this? An eShop tab in the corner of each screen would be just fine

I am enjoying this demo though and I will probably use the game voucher I have left to get this. I actually wasn't expecting to enjoy this as I wasn't much of a fan of the Wii / Wii U versions
Great game
andrewworrall124/10/2019 20:21

The only thing I find annoying about the demo is that after you play so …The only thing I find annoying about the demo is that after you play so many rounds of an event, three I believe it is, you are forced to view the thanks for playing screen with the return to title screen or go to eShop options. You're not stopped from playing the events in the demo so why do this? An eShop tab in the corner of each screen would be just fineI am enjoying this demo though and I will probably use the game voucher I have left to get this. I actually wasn't expecting to enjoy this as I wasn't much of a fan of the Wii / Wii U versions

I can understand, it’s rather annoying seeing the thanks for playing screen time and time again. I’ve owned every Nintendo console apart from the wii u, wasn’t my cup of tea, but then the switch arrived and I must say it’s a brilliant piece of gaming kit.
Visionspinner24/10/2019 21:01

I can understand, it’s rather annoying seeing the thanks for playing s …I can understand, it’s rather annoying seeing the thanks for playing screen time and time again. I’ve owned every Nintendo console apart from the wii u, wasn’t my cup of tea, but then the switch arrived and I must say it’s a brilliant piece of gaming kit.

This demo is actually a demo that you want to keep coming back to as well. There's a reasonable selection of good events available to play for a demo. I mean, it is only a demo so I wasn't expecting a lot to be available

Badminton and archery are my favourite 2020 events and my favourite 1964 event is the 10m platform, going by what is playable right now of course

I went to use my game voucher without realising this title is published by SEGA so I can't!
andrewworrall124/10/2019 21:06

This demo is actually a demo that you want to keep coming back to as well. …This demo is actually a demo that you want to keep coming back to as well. There's a reasonable selection of good events available to play for a demo. I mean, it is only a demo so I wasn't expecting a lot to be availableBadminton and archery are my favourite 2020 events and my favourite 1964 event is the 10m platform, going by what is playable right now of courseI went to use my game voucher without realising this title is published by SEGA so I can't!

I agree badminton & archery are the best of the bunch in the demo, but looking at the whole line up, I would be interested to see swimming, 400m relay, football, boxing, fencing, discus, javelin, table tennis. Pretty decent line up of events.

I was pretty surprised to see it was published by sega, on the subject of sega, I’m looking forward to Xmas as my mrs bought the mega drive mini for me, I’m collecting all of the retro mini consoles so I am pretty excited it’s like being a kid again lol, I just hope the hack comes available soon.
I like Sonic/Sega, and I like Mario/Nintendo. But I'd honestly rather bash my PC keyboard to bits playing Track 'n' Field via MAME, than try another Mario & Sonic Olympics game, they have never been anything other than bang average at best.
noahsdad24/10/2019 22:31

I like Sonic/Sega, and I like Mario/Nintendo. But I'd honestly rather bash …I like Sonic/Sega, and I like Mario/Nintendo. But I'd honestly rather bash my PC keyboard to bits playing Track 'n' Field via MAME, than try another Mario & Sonic Olympics game, they have never been anything other than bang average at best.

Well everyone is saying this one is good so

Gonna download the demo and give it a go when I get off work tomorrow
noahsdad24/10/2019 22:31

I like Sonic/Sega, and I like Mario/Nintendo. But I'd honestly rather bash …I like Sonic/Sega, and I like Mario/Nintendo. But I'd honestly rather bash my PC keyboard to bits playing Track 'n' Field via MAME, than try another Mario & Sonic Olympics game, they have never been anything other than bang average at best.

Honestly I agree with you when referring to the Wii and Wii U versions but after playing the demo for this game, I have fully enjoyed it. It's a demo that you can play for a good half hour (or more) as the events available in the demo are interesting and enjoyable

I understand if you don't want to try another Mario & Sonic Olympics game but going by the demo version, this is an excellent game. I do suggest trying the free demo but that is completely your choice
Maronic Sorio
Why is the demo temporarily available? Should be available forever right?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants