Free Dosing Device - Persil

Posted 21st Apr
persil.com/uk/…tml

Whether you prefer to pour your liquid detergent or scoop your powder – they’ve got the right detergent measurer for you. To order a free dosing ball* or scoop for your favourite Persil product, just pop your details into the form and they’ll do their very best to get it to you in the next 14 days. You can also sign up to their mailing list – it’s the perfect way to learn about new products, special promotions and fab competitions – just tick the boxes below.

If you have any questions about how to use a Persil scoop or dosing ball, check out their article!

For your free dosing device, click on one of the options below and follow the instructions.
Community Updates

Groups

9 Comments
I had my dosing jug for years and years and trying to find a replacement took me ages (family size washing powders used to supply them free, but think that doesn't happen any more). I only replaced mine because boyf chucked it out by mistake!

I don't bother using the ball for liquids, I just bung it straight in the detergent tray.
louiselouise22/04/2020 00:06

I had my dosing jug for years and years and trying to find a replacement …I had my dosing jug for years and years and trying to find a replacement took me ages (family size washing powders used to supply them free, but think that doesn't happen any more). I only replaced mine because boyf chucked it out by mistake!I don't bother using the ball for liquids, I just bung it straight in the detergent tray.

No your right..they dont really supply them as much as before... You are not supposed to put liquid in the drawer though it says it on most liquid detergents... I use an old doser from the Vanish bottle..they don't include them in the new bottles anymore..Bought some new liquid detergents with my online shop and out of three bottles only one came with a doser cap..
Alexandralocks22/04/2020 02:17

No your right..they dont really supply them as much as before... You are …No your right..they dont really supply them as much as before... You are not supposed to put liquid in the drawer though it says it on most liquid detergents... I use an old doser from the Vanish bottle..they don't include them in the new bottles anymore..Bought some new liquid detergents with my online shop and out of three bottles only one came with a doser cap..

I was replying to the comment about plastics (though it's gone)! I add my detergent differently to most people - I mix powder with liquid in the detergent tray so there's some bleaching effect going on, to alleviate any mould. Usually wash at 40°C as well (depending on the fabrics).
louiselouise22/04/2020 02:21

I was replying to the comment about plastics (though it's gone)! I add my …I was replying to the comment about plastics (though it's gone)! I add my detergent differently to most people - I mix powder with liquid in the detergent tray so there's some bleaching effect going on, to alleviate any mould. Usually wash at 40°C as well (depending on the fabrics).

I know I deleted my comment..

I wash at 40°c too.. never heard of mixing the powder and liquid..

I have the beckman cleaning solution for the washing machine that I've been meaning to use.. I don't think its mould that is the black stuff when you take the drawer out its dirt that has built up..every wash I clean the draw amd every few washes I take the whole draw out and wipe the inside of the machine where the draw goes..What liquid and powder do you mix then you have got me wondering
Alexandralocks22/04/2020 02:27

I know I deleted my comment.. I wash at 40°c too.. never …I know I deleted my comment.. I wash at 40°c too.. never heard of mixing the powder and liquid.. I have the beckman cleaning solution for the washing machine that I've been meaning to use.. I don't think its mould that is the black stuff when you take the drawer out its dirt that has built up..every wash I clean the draw amd every few washes I take the whole draw out and wipe the inside of the machine where the draw goes..What liquid and powder do you mix then you have got me wondering

I couldn't remember who said it haha...oh well.

It's from an MSE thread I read years ago (they didn't say specifically to add powder + liquid) but the reason most people have machines that are a bit stinky/mouldy is the trend for lower temperatures and liquid detergent. Using powder regularly stops this happening. You're supposed to do a service wash (at the hottest temperature) every month or so and check your filter every now and then as well.

I don't do a hot wash that often but you should have no need for fancy cleaning solutions. Some use soda crystals and white vinegar, mentioned here

They have a similar thread about dishwasher cleaner, it's a bit long!, though some people say not to use soda crystals in a dishwasher. An empty machine with white vinegar on a hot programme should do it. Really should try it - I've got a bundle of cheap dishwasher cleaner sachets (from Approved Food) I'm working through!
Edited by: "louiselouise" 22nd Apr
louiselouise22/04/2020 02:35

I couldn't remember who said it haha...oh well.It's from an MSE thread I …I couldn't remember who said it haha...oh well.It's from an MSE thread I read years ago (they didn't say specifically to add powder + liquid) but the reason most people have machines that are a bit stinky/mouldy is the trend for lower temperatures and liquid detergent. Using powder regularly stops this happening. You're supposed to do a service wash (at the hottest temperature) every month or so and check your filter every now and then as well.I don't do a hot wash that often but you should have no need for fancy cleaning solutions. Some use soda crystals and white vinegar, mentioned hereThey have a similar thread about dishwasher cleaner, it's a bit long!, though some people say not to use soda crystals in a dishwasher. An empty machine with white vinegar on a hot programme should do it. Really should try it - I've got a bundle of cheap dishwasher cleaner sachets (from Approved Food) I'm working through!

Why not just use powder alone? There is virtually zero advantage of using liquid detergent.
.MUFC.22/04/2020 13:50

Why not just use powder alone? There is virtually zero advantage of using …Why not just use powder alone? There is virtually zero advantage of using liquid detergent.

It has a nice fragrance, haha. I've used detergent this way for ages.
louiselouise22/04/2020 13:51

It has a nice fragrance, haha. I've used detergent this way for ages.

Fair enough, I use fabric conditioner for the fragrance but I guess that's not good for towels unless they're going in a dryer.
louiselouise22/04/2020 02:35

I couldn't remember who said it haha...oh well.It's from an MSE thread I …I couldn't remember who said it haha...oh well.It's from an MSE thread I read years ago (they didn't say specifically to add powder + liquid) but the reason most people have machines that are a bit stinky/mouldy is the trend for lower temperatures and liquid detergent. Using powder regularly stops this happening. You're supposed to do a service wash (at the hottest temperature) every month or so and check your filter every now and then as well.I don't do a hot wash that often but you should have no need for fancy cleaning solutions. Some use soda crystals and white vinegar, mentioned hereThey have a similar thread about dishwasher cleaner, it's a bit long!, though some people say not to use soda crystals in a dishwasher. An empty machine with white vinegar on a hot programme should do it. Really should try it - I've got a bundle of cheap dishwasher cleaner sachets (from Approved Food) I'm working through!

Thanks for that link on the soda crystals will have a read though later on..I've heard about doing a 60°c wash once a month, used to do the dogs bedding & teddies on that but they never smell as nice as when I do it on a 40°c.

Today I actually used both liquid in the drum & lenor unstoppables and powder in the draw and they smelt heavenly..not exactly your method but still came out fabulous

I never use just liquids when washing I alternate between liquid, powder and tabs..

Will try the vinegar method maybe.. probably just as good as other cleaners and at least that way I don't have to rely on having Beckmann..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions