Groups

Free Download: Google Chrome Beta

Free Beta Download of Googles new web browser

Just been having a play with it and it is amazing!!

Features I like so far:

Homepage: Shows the top 8 most viewed pages, easily
    Incognito Windows
    Very Clean and Smart Looking
    Great way of displaying the browsing history
    Predictive address input
    Very fast

All this after just 2 minutes of using!!

75 Comments

already downloading this. Looks really good.

seems MUCH faster the IE7 so far

Original Poster

why are people voting cold already!? Must have been Bill Gates

erics;2880236

seems MUCH faster the IE7 so far

that shouldnt be to hard !! still dont see it why its so much different from the browsers out there! I think ill stick with firefox

Original Poster

masterruckus;2880342

that shouldnt be to hard !! still dont see it why its so much different … that shouldnt be to hard !! still dont see it why its so much different from the browsers out there! I think ill stick with firefox

You really should try it!! It has converted many Firefox users. Not sure if the plugins are as easy to use. But it definitely beats Safari and IE.

Much cleaner, and faster than firefox though

Now using Chrome.

Ommid;2880372

You really should try it!! It has converted many Firefox users. Not sure … You really should try it!! It has converted many Firefox users. Not sure if the plugins are as easy to use. But it definitely beats Safari and IE.Much cleaner, and faster than firefox though

It does look good and i like the flow of it but not so much faster maybe its my laptop! ITs playing havoc with me touchpad scrolling though! weird If i was still using IE then def would change to it

Original Poster

masterruckus;2880425

It does look good and i like the flow of it but not so much faster maybe … It does look good and i like the flow of it but not so much faster maybe its my laptop! ITs playing havoc with me touchpad scrolling though! weird If i was still using IE then def would change to it

At least you can say you gave it a go mate Some people are so stuck in their ways and they hate change, you had the guts to take that step, and I congratulate you on that :p;-)

+Repped :thumbsup:

very fast -
    can someone please tell me how to get task bar to show - file - etc - thanks

Downloading now. Although I love google, as a company they are gathering so much data from all of us, it's expensive to advertise with them (although admittedly probably the most effective), they do have some awesome software, and I have seen some very very good models drawn up in sketch-up! They make nice and widely used software!

holly100;2880533

very fast - can someone please tell me how to get task bar to show - file … very fast - can someone please tell me how to get task bar to show - file - etc - thanks

You can't get it, but next to the 'go' button on the right of the address bar, is a little button which should do all of the functions required.

I tried Chrome for 15 minutes, and I'm now back on firefox. I do like the incognito page, but I guess I'll stay with Firefox until add-ons, themes are as widely available for Chrome...

Still slower and uses more resources than Avant, so uninstalled it.

im on IE6... is it better to get firefox or this new google one?

I cant uninstall IE6 as its a work laptop.....

Original Poster

amansk;2880842

im on IE6... is it better to get firefox or this new google one? I cant … im on IE6... is it better to get firefox or this new google one? I cant uninstall IE6 as its a work laptop.....

Try both, I would definitely go with Google Browser though

hmm doesn't seem to be supported on Ubuntu, I'll have to wait until I goto work to check it out

Nice. Using it now. Thanks!

I am glad you posted the link to remind me but shouldn't this be freebies not deals?

Loving it. It has already replaced FF and IE on my lappy.

Seems loads faster to me.
    Love the most visited bit.

It's based on Apple's WebKit open source rendering engine but at present there is no beta for Mac - are they releasing a Mac version?

I just hope they make it W3C compliant and no repeats of Microsoft's proprietary nonsense...

like it. especially like the application thing.
    just linked my google mail to the desktop and start menu. good stuff.

Original Poster

goodgrr;2881066

I am glad you posted the link to remind me but shouldn't this be freebies … I am glad you posted the link to remind me but shouldn't this be freebies not deals?

I did put it in Freebies?

A free download that has had many thumbs up? Heat has defo got to be added :-) xx

i think it's great... it's a lot faster on startup and scrolling around and the UI is nice and uncluttered - and not forgetting more screenspace!

The only bad thing is no adblock yet - it's really weird going back to seeing ad's after using firefox for so long now!!

have you guys seen the cool comic thing which google did to promote it? - check it out here: ]http//ww…tml

It seems stupidly quick!

Cannot see how I can use Greasemonkey scripts so far.
    I think I'll stay with Firefox.

Ommid;2881238

I did put it in Freebies?

Sorry my bad, thought it was in deals (I blame custom settings!) :whistling:

Nice, but will stick to Firefox for now.

Would miss my Firefox plugins and themes - Got a plugin called Foxmarks which syncs all my bookmarks between, laptop, main PC and work PC.

Can't find a quick way to alphabet sort the bookmarks on Chroma - looks like you have to manually sort them rather than right click + sort.

doesn't seem to work all that much better than firefox, no plugins yet...possibly a little over simplistic.
    Fast, but no faster than firefox for me. Need to put it on my ram disk to test properly though.

nothing can replace the add-ons for me - I love firefox!

Ommid;2880246

why are people voting cold already!? Must have been Bill Gates

Maybe they on Mac, which is not available for it yet :-D

But staying with Firefox for the time being cause of plug-ins add-on.

Anyone tried SpaceTime3D browser? quite futuristic type.

Great, another web browser to try out. Still added heat for the find.

Google Chrome Installer

Installation failed. Component ChromeGears failed to install. Detailed … Installation failed. Component ChromeGears failed to install. Detailed message: The installer encountered error 1603: Fatal error during installation.

That's not fair! I've been looking forward to getting back home all day, so I could eventually install it and play with it!
    That's really not fair!!! :cry:

Oh, and voted hot of course... Just because there's now an incredible new browser out there.

This looks interesting, and all competition is good competition in this area... but for now I'm quite happy with Opera.

Can you use more than one web browser? I'm running Firefox 3 which I love and don't want to lose, but I would'nt mind giving google a go.
    Sorry if I'm being a bit thick!

Not had time to try this out yet, hope the standards are the same, otherwise as a web designer I've got another browser to worry about now. Knowing google though it should be the same as Firefox, don't know why its posted here though it's not really a deal.

Although google + privacy makes me worry.

barriey;2881549

Can you use more than one web browser? I'm running Firefox 3 which I love … Can you use more than one web browser? I'm running Firefox 3 which I love and don't want to lose, but I would'nt mind giving google a go.Sorry if I'm being a bit thick!

Yes you can have many loaded and choose which you use. However you can only have one default of course :-)

Its very fast.. You have to activate show homepage icon from the options I've got a scrolling issue as well its funny that this bug got through testing.

With no add-ons Chrome would be quicker, wouldn't it?

I like the Downloads feature.

Been using it for around an hour and have to say its very fast, both loading pages and switching between tabs. The only issue i've had so far is if im watching something on BBC iplayer in full screen and try and exit, the whole thing crashes. Youtube works fine though.

Its certainly very promising, if only it had foxmarks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891718
      2. Sad news about Barcelona24107
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764162
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?26119

See more discussions