free download of windows xp,

10 replies
Found 2nd Dec 2007
My disc for windows xp is badly damaged, is there a way to download the info onto a disc from a web site, if so what kind of disc (ie a cd or dvd one) thanks for any help xx

ps. also looking for a very cheap computer cover - pref in a girly cover, thanks again

11 Comments

There's various ways to get a new disc. How did you get your WinXP disc? Buy it from a shop, get it with a PC? If you got it with a PC, from which manufacturer?

Original Poster

got it with a pc from ideal computers about 5 years ago, so don't think i would have luck with them, I have my code but just needed the software to re install onto the computer , ta

As long as its legit, download it via a torrent and use your normal key.

Original Poster

what is the correct torrent website, i googled torrent but there is different ones, is it [SIZE=-1]www.bittorrent.com[/SIZE]

Have a read through this thread on how to use and search torrents

]http//ww…ent

It will explain how to download from torrent sites

Original Poster

thanks, x

Original Poster

way too complicated for me, i'll just buy a disc off of fleabay, thanks though,

Banned

Even more complicated is using your i386 folder in c:\windows if you haven't deleted it. Cheaper than buying an OEM version off ebay that probably won't even work with your serial number. Just a word of warning on that.

No point buying a disc off fleabay - it's commercial piracy, and that's a bad thing. Shall drop you a PM in a minute.

Original Poster

]i386 folder in c:\windows
I've not got a clue on what that means, lol, i honestly don't have a clue to downloading things and setting up files and such on a computer and don't want to do something wrong with this computer i'm on just to fix the old one, thanks for your help though, if ebay is such a bad idea i'll just go to a shop and get them to re install windows onto it again (£35 quid)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Original Poster

rep to all, for your info, and thanks again guys xx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games01
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247657
    3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 191 ***1328
    4. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4178

See more discussions