FREE EBAY £20 OFF VOUCHER CODE (possibly up to £75) for your patience during the recent password reset issue

Found 27th Jun 2014
I just received a free 20 pounds from ebay !! Please check your spam folders etc. I think everyone deserve it.

"Thank you for your patience during the recent password reset issue.

As a valued customer we know you wanted us to fix this issue straight away, and since day one we have been working hard to do just that"

More info here:

tamebay.com/201…tml

I paste and copy a message from them in post #18 photo #134

deletedprincess

I was told this by the ebay live chat help: 'There is not a specific criteria to meet in order to receive one. What I have is that it is only being sent out to 1.1 million of ebays top buyers. Not everyone is receiving it and I'm not sure what the criteria for being a top buyer is.'

Good luck and finger cross for £75 vouchers.
Community Updates
Top comments
CookinBat

if they gave each of the 145 million users a fiver that's £725 oO

[img]lh3.ggpht.com/-h9…png?imgmax=800[/img]

The math is strong in this one
Edited by: "StevenBrown" 29th Jun 2014
366 Comments
hope everyone gets this. I never seem to get vouchers from them.
Thank you so much for posting! Just got a £75 voucher through that I may have missed otherwise. Shopping time!
Worth a try?
Nothing for me
Typical I haven't got one lol x
Nothing for me!
Just got mine too
Or me
How much did you get ? 20 off too ?
the porter

Just got mine too

Literally just arrived via email?
Can you see anything in your ebay account?
No spam off eBay?
Nope nothing in my messages
Nothing
Valid until 3rd July 14
Nothing here either
100 Nectar points here
Nothin for me cud of done with it to buy my daughters frozen party bits there expensive
This is full message:
Thank you for your patience during the recent password reset issue.
As a valued customer we know you wanted us to fix this issue straight away, and since day one we have been working hard to do just that:

• Once we learned customers’ data was impacted, we immediately began notifying customers through email and news alerts, although sending millions of emails did take some time.
• We re-engineered large sections of our site within days to allow all our customers to securely reset their password whilst keeping eBay running. Unfortunately, the size of this task meant that some customers experienced delays completing their reset.
• Our customer service teams have been working hard to help users. Call volumes were up significantly so we pulled in all of our teams to help, although some customers still experienced longer-than-usual wait times when calling in.

This disruption is not what people should expect from eBay. As a measure of our appreciation for your continued loyalty, we’ve included a voucher below to spend on whatever you would like on eBay.
We hope you enjoy spending this voucher which we’ve tried to make as easy as possible to use: all you need to do is to sign into eBay from the account this email is addressed to, pay with PayPal, and use the voucher code below during checkout.

£20 OFF*

• Valid until 03 July 2014 (possibly other dates for each account)

• Valid for payments made with PayPal

• Voucher must be reeemed in a single transaction

• No minimum spend

• Discount does not apply to postage

• Can be used when purchasing from multiple sellers when using Cart
I havent recieved one whats the code?
Nothing for me either!
Nothing
Generic code or does it look very specific?
oh wow nothing .... unless its the 100 nectar points oo what can i spend 100 points on ...erm not a lot ! .... i nver get anything of them and been with them for years and spend regularly ... its like school all over again .. feeling left out even ebay pick on me lol x

Edited by: "sues" 27th Jun 2014
Looks speciffic for each person. Cannot post my....but if somebody received it and can post a couple of first letter i can compare them.
Wonder how they decide who gets them and who doesn't? I had to reset mine and haven't had anything yet
havent had one either, but have come across this on google. tamebay.com/201…tml
sues

oh wow nothing .... unless its the 100 nectar points oo what can i spend … oh wow nothing .... unless its the 100 nectar points oo what can i spend 100 points on ...erm not a lot ! .... i nver get anything of them and been with them for years and spend regularly ... its like school all over again .. feeling left out even ebay pick on me lol x

Long time ago they gave me 5 or 10 i think after first 50 and 100 positive stars.
no email
Nothing for me. Had to change my password more than once too as I changed it then it decided it was wrong when I next went to log in and eventually I gave up trying and reset it again. Then I forgot that one and as they don't send you the password or any hint it meant resetting it again -_-

Everytime I got to log in I still want to put in what my password was before all this. I have an offer from Nectar about ebay, but nothing at all from ebay
hope i receive something
Nothing here either
nothing in mine typical lol
Got three one for each account. Happy
deleted8996
I haven't got one but..........

If I do, can I buy something worth pennies offa mate for the £20 as long as (a) It's listed on ebay and (b) he accepts paypal?
Edited by: "deleted8996" 27th Jun 2014
i have 2 accounts and havent got in any
Nothing for me, although i don't recall using ebay during the time that password resets where required, maybe that might be why.

Nice of them to do, just a shame every user doesn't get one.

Paddy_o_furniture

I haven't got one but..........If I do, can I buy something worth pennies … I haven't got one but..........If I do, can I buy something worth pennies offa mate for the £20 as long as (a) It's listed on ebay and (b) he accepts paypal?

Like your thinking !
Nothing on any of my accounts.
I've got nothing it's not fair that not everyone is getting these
nothing for me either!
Edited by: "leahstranaghan" 27th Jun 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants