Free? extended warranty for washer/dryer?

Found 17th Jun 2008
Does anyone know anywhere that will throw in an extended guarantee for a washer/dryer? I need to buy one and dont want to spend the additional hundreds of pounds on this (or at least cut the cost if I can). If it was a tv then John Lwewis have a free 5 year warranty but not for washer/dryers? Anyone have any ideas. Thanks

2 Comments

You don't need to bother with an extended warranty on electrical items as under the sale of goods act 1979, they must be of "satisfactory quality" to last a significant period of time. If it breaks down during a reasonable time but after the manufacturers guarantee runs out, then you contact the retailer your bought it from and tell them to fix it quoting the 1979 act. They usually try to fob you off, but a quick phone call to your local trading standards people will get things moving. :thumbsup:

I've googled the following article which has more details:

fool.co.uk/new…spx

Original Poster

suchafunkymonkey;2329347

You don't need to bother with an extended warranty on electrical items as … You don't need to bother with an extended warranty on electrical items as under the sale of goods act 1979, they must be of "satisfactory quality" to last a significant period of time. If it breaks down during a reasonable time but after the manufacturers guarantee runs out, then you contact the retailer your bought it from and tell them to fix it quoting the 1979 act. They usually try to fob you off, but a quick phone call to your local trading standards people will get things moving. :thumbsup:I've googled the following article which has more details:http://www.fool.co.uk/news/money-saving-tips/2007/01/30/when-electrical-goods-go-wrong.aspx

This is very interesting
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244922
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114649
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1889
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming1321

See more discussions