Free food and other items sharing app Olio

Posted 16th Dec 2019
The previous post for this app seemed to have expired so I am re- posting it.

I came across an advert for this app and thought it seemed like a great idea and incredibly needed!
I have tried other related apps such as Too Good To Go but they have nothing in smaller towns/cities.
Apparently there are quite a few users around my town and I am looking forward to trying it out!
Will be using it mainly to share unwanted items such as food, toys and clothing as I have been unsuccessfully trying to get rid of those through gumtree and Ebay!

I think what this app needs to take off are more users so sign up and keep an eye for deals around you or even why not post unwanted gifts especially now around Christmas time?!

From the website:
OLIO connects neighbours with each other and with local businesses so surplus food can be shared, not thrown away. This could be food nearing its sell-by date in local stores, spare home-grown vegetables, bread from your baker, or the groceries in your fridge when you go away. For your convenience, OLIO can also be used for non-food household items too.

OLIO is super easy! To make an item available, simply open the app, add a photo, description, and when and where the item is available for pick-up.

To access items, simply browse the listings available near you, request whatever takes your fancy and arrange a pick-up via private messaging.
Community Updates

Groups

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions