Free Food for Homeless on Christmas Day at Nando's Glasgow

Posted 2nd Nov
Free Food for Homeless on Christmas Day at Nando's Glasgow

We are planning on opening on Christmas Day to feed some of Glasgow’s many homeless. We’d love to be able to give them some gifts to help them keep warm and clean and we need your help!!
We have place a bin Our entrance and would love if you could help us fill it with hats, gloves, blankets, toiletries, etc.
Anything you can give would help so we can give these people at little bit of cheers on Christmas Day.
We will be arranging invites with local charities who help the homeless so if anyone can assist us further with this that would be fantastic x
#Spreadtheword
#givesomethingback
#nandoswaterloostreet

Source : facebook.com/Nan…03/

3322903.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

8 Comments
Unfortunately as I'm in the city centre I see the bad side and have to endure the social problems and aggressiveness of some (when I'm just minding my own business) - though, I'll not say any more about that.

Hopefully this mostly benefits those who are truly in need and reminds them there are good, kind, supportive souls out there. The gesture is a good one, regardless.
It's a great gesture that seems to be more common with various venues up and down the country participating.
This is great
So many companies give free food for Christmas. Then the next day they go hungry again. This is just a PR stunt. If people really cared, a group of local restaurants could team up and one restaurant a month could give free food. Would help the homeless a lot more.
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Nov
jamie1502/11/2019 17:23

So many companies give free food for Christmas. Then the next day they go …So many companies give free food for Christmas. Then the next day they go hungry again. This is just a PR stunt. If people really cared, a group of local restaurants could team up and one restaurant a month could give free food. Would help the homeless a lot more.

Or we could live in a civilised society Jamie and try to house these people
Wongy11002/11/2019 17:28

Or we could live in a civilised society Jamie and try to house these … Or we could live in a civilised society Jamie and try to house these people

House all of the legal immigrants/asylum seekers who paid taxes and have fallen on hard times for sure. However, illegal immigrants shouldn't be. There are also lots of druggies/heavy alcoholics who are not allowed housing unless clean, I think they should be put into rehab instead but of course that's too expensive.
i like the idea, but the bosses come up with this for all the free publicity... i feel sorry for the ones who have to work and cant spend the day with their familys...
why should the employees lose out on a day off. i know this will get negative comments but unless you have to work unsociable hours or bank holidays i dont want to know. i work in the industry and i would rather be at home xmas day with my kids than working..
Bargainhead02/11/2019 17:44

i like the idea, but the bosses come up with this for all the free …i like the idea, but the bosses come up with this for all the free publicity... i feel sorry for the ones who have to work and cant spend the day with their familys... why should the employees lose out on a day off. i know this will get negative comments but unless you have to work unsociable hours or bank holidays i dont want to know. i work in the industry and i would rather be at home xmas day with my kids than working..

I would imagine the employees would volunteer to help out. They wouldn't be forced.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants