Free fuel for emergency services from BP during Covid19 crisis

Posted 18th Mar
Free fuel from BP for emergency services. See LinkedIn post from BP CEO made at 19:00 18/3/20

“As the spread of COVID-19 continues, our natural instincts are to protect our families, our colleagues and our company.

But in line with our purpose - we want to do more.

I have been engaging with our business leaders across bp to see what more we can do to assist the communities where we live and work. Whether that be supporting governmental efforts – helping local charities - or reaching out to the people in our supply chains. We are extending a helping hand where we can.

Today, here in the UK, we announced we will be providing free fuel at our retail sites for the emergency services – the women and men who we are all depending on to protect us during this time.

We are also looking to protect the elderly – in many ways the most vulnerable – by providing free delivery of food and convenience goods from many of our retail sites. And - of course - we will continue to ensure supplies of fuel and energy are uninterrupted.

We will update you as we do more around the world. But rest assured we take our responsibility as a member of society seriously - and know we have a role to play. And we will.”
Community Updates
BP is taking steps, working with its partners and suppliers, to use its UK fuels business and network of retail sites to provide support to essential services, older members of society and all people staying at home in the UK during the current coronavirus pandemic.

BP has already identified two initiatives in the UK, both of which are expected to be in place until at least the end of April.

Firstly, BP will supply free fuel to the UK’s emergency services vehicles during the current crisis.

Through BP’s own fuel cards and an arrangement with fuel card provider Allstar – whose cards are also used widely throughout the UK’s emergency services – ambulance, fire and police service vehicles will be able to fill up without being charged for the cost of fuel at BP’s network of 1,200 retail sites nationally. This includes both BP-operated and dealer-operated sites and will include charging of electric vehicles through BP Chargemaster. This initiative is expected to be in place from 21 March.

Secondly, from 23 March BP will offer delivery of food and convenience goods purchased from its network of company-owned convenience stores without delivery charge.

"It is vital that we support those on whom we all depend, as well as the most vulnerable in our communities." Bernard Looney, chief executive officer

Building on its existing relationship, BP is in the process of expanding the number of its retail sites from which Deliveroo deliveries can be ordered and is working to arrange for delivery charges to be waived. Deliveries of both M&S products and other convenience goods in stock will be able to be arranged and no premium will be charged on delivered items.

Bernard Looney, BP chief executive said: “This crisis is affecting every part of society and all us of are trying to do what we can to help. It is vital that we support those on whom we all depend, as well as the most vulnerable in our communities. We have identified two ways where we can use our resources and presence around the country to make a small contribution. We will continue to look for other opportunities, taking advice from the authorities, as the country’s response continues to evolve.”

Groups

Top comments
This reads that it's for the police cars/ambulances/fire engines, not for the workers personal cars, basically a saving for the government, not the workers

Edit..
Shame this site is full of snowflakes and polititians. This message was to clarify who it was for, not to start a debate about if saving the government money is bad, which it definately isn't - completely not the context of the original post!
Edited by: "stevemack" 19th Mar
I've forgiven them for Deepwater Horizon.
Might get the girlfriend to dig out that "special" nurses uniform again .
I don't believe for one second that this is for personal cars. And shouldn't be.
283 Comments
Incredible!!
Up to what amount? :/
Nice gesture - I do wonder how they'd manage that though and how much free fuel would they be giving
Is this for organisations or persoanl use? I've read the post but it's not clear too me
No more detail I’m afraid, I can’t find anything on Google just noticed it in LinkedIn and thought it was a fantastic gesture. They can afford it.
Credit where due!
Great initiative
Waw!
I've forgiven them for Deepwater Horizon.
Wow. That’s amazing
This reads that it's for the police cars/ambulances/fire engines, not for the workers personal cars, basically a saving for the government, not the workers

Edit..
Shame this site is full of snowflakes and polititians. This message was to clarify who it was for, not to start a debate about if saving the government money is bad, which it definately isn't - completely not the context of the original post!
Edited by: "stevemack" 19th Mar
Great gesture, even if its only £30 as a one off its a help.
That's great, and I think since oil has hit rock bottom it's about time they passed it on
I don't believe for one second that this is for personal cars. And shouldn't be.
Well done BP giving something back to society when it needs it most !
Probably the best freebie of em all. Others feel more like public stunt (though every little helps especially during such times)
Edited by: "xPabloz" 18th Mar
No, it's good that they pass it on for the good cause
About time they did something good
Joe_C8918/03/2020 21:22

Is this for organisations or persoanl use? I've read the post but it's not …Is this for organisations or persoanl use? I've read the post but it's not clear too me

Exactly that... so for Ambulances, Police cars, etc and not personal use vehicles Presumably..?
slevinkelevra18/03/2020 21:30

That's great, and I think since oil has hit rock bottom it's about time …That's great, and I think since oil has hit rock bottom it's about time they passed it on

More expensive to give bottled water away.
My oil shares have gone to ****
Sympathy deal by BP.
they'll get this back 100 times over via Joe Public going there as a way of saying thanks.
Something is better than nothing. Good on you BP.
Probably a legal tax avoidance scheme, so hmrc loses income. Nonetheless, it will be of great benefit for those who need it, especially if this is on a global scale.
Absolutely brilliant!
MrBeansDrivingInstructor18/03/2020 21:30

I don't believe for one second that this is for personal cars. And …I don't believe for one second that this is for personal cars. And shouldn't be.

Not 4 personal cars
Well done BP!!
Its for people who work in emergency services
PennyTrader18/03/2020 21:42

Sympathy deal by BP.they'll get this back 100 times over via Joe Public …Sympathy deal by BP.they'll get this back 100 times over via Joe Public going there as a way of saying thanks.

Sympathy deal by BP.they'll get this back 100 times over via Joe Public …Sympathy deal by BP.they'll get this back 100 times over via Joe Public going there as a way of saying thanks.

Very clever of them then.
I've asked on twitter to confirm if true
Joe_C8918/03/2020 21:22

Is this for organisations or persoanl use? I've read the post but it's not …Is this for organisations or persoanl use? I've read the post but it's not clear too me

Lol personal use.
slevinkelevra18/03/2020 21:46

Very clever of them then.

Not really, BP are worth BILLIONS - publicity stunt that’s all, not that I’m saying it isn’t a nice gesture but they know for a fact they aren’t giving away anything.
abdullah_tahir18/03/2020 21:45

Its for people who work in emergency services

You mean it's for emergency services, not people who work in emergency services, surely?
How about free fuel for everyone
crazy_b18/03/2020 21:55

How about free fuel for everyone

don’t be silly.

Why be so negative
Well done BP. Even if it is just for the organisations not the individuals imagine how much this is costing them. Screw the shareholders at this time, way to go to support the already cash strapped services
PennyTrader18/03/2020 21:51

Not really, BP are worth BILLIONS - publicity stunt that’s all, not that I …Not really, BP are worth BILLIONS - publicity stunt that’s all, not that I’m saying it isn’t a nice gesture but they know for a fact they aren’t giving away anything.

No totally I know what your saying I'm agreeing with u what I mean is as a business it is a very good idea giveaways like loss leaders and supermarkets stepping up to the plate it will improve their business no doubt
This is putting the "United" back in the kingdom seeing amazing people doing amazing things at a time when it's most needed well done BP and others that have or are thinking about doing similar things hats off to you all
hooray.henry18/03/2020 22:10

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants