Free funeral. Exclusions apply.

Found 7th Aug
Donating your body hta.gov.uk/don…ody

Donating your body to a medical school is a valuable gift - your donation will become an important resource for training healthcare professionals or for research.

How to donate your body

Anyone can decide to donate their body, and medical schools welcome the offer of a donation. If you are interested in donating your body, you will need to contact a medical school for further information and a consent form. For information about how to contact your local medical school, enter your postcode into our search facility, email us or call us on 020 7269 1900.
Find a licensed medical school

If I donate my body, will there be a funeral or memorial service?

Medical schools will usually arrange for donated bodies to be cremated, unless the family requests the return of the body for a private burial or cremation. Medical schools may also hold a committal, memorial or thanksgiving services. Further information on local arrangements can be obtained directly from the medical school.

Are there any costs or payments involved?

You will not receive any payment for donating your body. Some medical schools may request that the donor’s estate contribute to the cost of transporting the body, particularly if the donation falls outside of the medical school’s local area. Full details can be obtained directly from the medical school.
Community Updates
GOV.UK DealsMisc
Top comments
I knew i would die as a deal hunter on hukd till the very end, but never realized i will also literally end up with a hukd deal for my cremation as well!! Unbelievable!
Two word solution. Soylent Green.
38 Comments
Damn
LOL Awesome
Pointless expecting it to save money as they take so few of those bodies offered. It might even COST money - from the HTA website: "Offers of body donation from outside the area may be accepted on the condition that the donor’s estate bears the cost of transporting the body."

Finally " Donors should ensure that they have an alternative funeral plan should their body donation not be accepted."

If you want to do it for altruistic reasons, fine, if you want to save money, don't count on it.
Edited by: "nihcaj" 7th Aug
I knew i would die as a deal hunter on hukd till the very end, but never realized i will also literally end up with a hukd deal for my cremation as well!! Unbelievable!
Last I heard due to prices of funerals the medical studies places were overflowing with bodies and rejecting them!
This is not true, someone I know did this and had a simple memorial - five years later they were called to reclaim what was left of the body and had to pay for a cremation.
I actually did cadaver dissection at Univeristy. Bit of a strange place to be honest but it was fascinating nonetheless. You could genuinely see a person's way of living by cutting them up. Liver cirrhosis - probably a chronic drinker. COPD of the lungs - heavy smoker for decades. Fatty heart - liked his pies. The smell's a bit strange but you get used to it after a while - they use formaldehyde (I think) to preserve the bodies.

Seriously though it's a very altruistic thing to do and I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity. Also, it's not just used by medical students - dentistry, anatomical sciences, human biology, physiology etc. A very useful and important part of an undergraduate programme imo.
Edited by: "karlie88" 7th Aug
wendy.kemp3 m ago

This is not true, someone I know did this and had a simple memorial - five …This is not true, someone I know did this and had a simple memorial - five years later they were called to reclaim what was left of the body and had to pay for a cremation.

That is shocking! What would happen if you refused to accept the body back?? I'm not saying I would in that situation by the way.
nihcaj11 m ago

Pointless expecting it to save money as they take so few of those bodies …Pointless expecting it to save money as they take so few of those bodies offered. It might even COST money - from the HTA website: "Offers of body donation from outside the area may be accepted on the condition that the donor’s estate bears the cost of transporting the body."Finally " Donors should ensure that they have an alternative funeral plan should their body donation not be accepted."If you want to do it for altruistic reasons, fine, if you want to save money, don't count on it.

You "might" have to pay for transport if you are outside of the area. Still cheaper than any other option.
Two word solution. Soylent Green.
nihcaj13 m ago

Pointless expecting it to save money as they take so few of those bodies …Pointless expecting it to save money as they take so few of those bodies offered. It might even COST money - from the HTA website: "Offers of body donation from outside the area may be accepted on the condition that the donor’s estate bears the cost of transporting the body."Finally " Donors should ensure that they have an alternative funeral plan should their body donation not be accepted."If you want to do it for altruistic reasons, fine, if you want to save money, don't count on it.

Oh really? Lovely I think I'll make sure the people know that who called people selfish if they don't donate their bodies (from a post the other day)
Moved to MISC to allow for discussion on donating your body to a medical school - any comments posted should follow forum guidelines hotukdeals.com/cod…uct
No way would I donate, I'm not having a series of students shoving thier finger up my bum even if I am dead.
sigma7th Aug

Moved to MISC to allow for discussion on donating your body to a medical …Moved to MISC to allow for discussion on donating your body to a medical school - any comments posted should follow forum guidelines https://www.hotukdeals.com/code-of-conduct

Why? It's information on how to get a fee funeral!
123thisisme18 m ago

No way would I donate, I'm not having a series of students shoving thier …No way would I donate, I'm not having a series of students shoving thier finger up my bum even if I am dead.

It's a finger if you're lucky In for a penny in for a pound
Norseg32 m ago

Oh really? Lovely I think I'll make sure the people know that who called …Oh really? Lovely I think I'll make sure the people know that who called people selfish if they don't donate their bodies (from a post the other day)

Translation pleaase someone?
karlie8845 m ago

... You could genuinely see a person's way of living by cutting them up. …... You could genuinely see a person's way of living by cutting them up. Liver cirrhosis - probably a chronic drinker. COPD of the lungs - heavy smoker for decades. Fatty heart - liked his pies. The smell's a bit strange ...

That is interesting. More to the point, how did @deeky end up coming back to life after you had opened him up so much?
nihcaj19 m ago

Translation pleaase someone?

Oh Really? Lovely, I think I'll make sure the people from a previous discussion regarding body donations are informed of these pertinent facts so that they may revise their opinions on people who don't want a finger up their bum.

*not an English teacher
Not many medical schools use cadaveric teaching these days. Real shame as its leading to fewer surgeons and the best way of teaching anatomy.
Not sure this is the time or place for my prawn joke.
deeky19 m ago

Not sure this is the time or place for my prawn joke.

It's always the right time, say it!

34630587-MMxza.jpg
jamie01514 m ago

It's always the right time, say it![Image]

It's on here somewhere already, you'll find it if you look hard enough
deeky1 m ago

It's on here somewhere already, you'll find it if you look hard enough

I'm not looking through 52.5k comments!

34630731-FXNUt.jpg
jamie0157 m ago

I'm not looking through 52.5k comments![Image]

GIYF I just found it with 4 words in Google
deeky9 m ago

GIYF I just found it with 4 words in Google

Found it here, it's so bad but that's why it's funny!
Edited by: "jamie015" 7th Aug
jamie0151 m ago

Fanpages had best watch his back
CoeK1 h, 50 m ago

Oh Really? Lovely, I think I'll make sure the people from a previous …Oh Really? Lovely, I think I'll make sure the people from a previous discussion regarding body donations are informed of these pertinent facts so that they may revise their opinions on people who don't want a finger up their bum.*not an English teacher

Basically.
I can imagine some students having a good old laugh at your various body parts while they're chopping you up, probably not treating you with dignity.
jamie0151 h, 12 m ago

That's an old chestnut!
Just had a prawn sandwich for lunch!
splender8 m ago

That's an old chestnut!Just had a prawn sandwich for lunch!

I knew the joke existed, just didn't know what exactly it was!
jamie0151 h, 58 m ago

The prawn sandwich didn't have any mayo, it would have been very dry to chew
Edited by: "summerof76" 7th Aug
darlodge7 h, 11 m ago

That is shocking! What would happen if you refused to accept the body … That is shocking! What would happen if you refused to accept the body back?? I'm not saying I would in that situation by the way.

Well they did at first but they were threatened with prosecution as it's illegal to dispose of a body without the proper authority .
karlie887 h, 20 m ago

I actually did cadaver dissection at Univeristy. Bit of a strange place to …I actually did cadaver dissection at Univeristy. Bit of a strange place to be honest but it was fascinating nonetheless. You could genuinely see a person's way of living by cutting them up. Liver cirrhosis - probably a chronic drinker. COPD of the lungs - heavy smoker for decades. Fatty heart - liked his pies. The smell's a bit strange but you get used to it after a while - they use formaldehyde (I think) to preserve the bodies.Seriously though it's a very altruistic thing to do and I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity. Also, it's not just used by medical students - dentistry, anatomical sciences, human biology, physiology etc. A very useful and important part of an undergraduate programme imo.

Hi Karlie, I remember you on 11+ when you were a student- hope you are well and enjoying life x Just a little niggle Hun, not everyone with cirrhosis drinks, OH has haemacromatosis and diabetes with wrong diagnosis for years so not treated
These morbid “deals” are getting a bit boring now
sarahlouise035 m ago

Yeah there so dead pan
34635301-qiV5M.jpg
sarahlouise037th Aug

99.99% of posts on this site are for things that we don't need. At least this is something that we will all need and how to get it for free.

Disclaimer: 68.32% of all statistics are made up on the spot!
Just need to wait for another eco cardboard coffin deal, or maybe a cheap Ikea wardrobe, and I've got my backup burial sorted out!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants