Free Game Download of Command & Conquer Gold Begins (C&C 12th Anniversary Cele

Found 1st Sep 2007
hotukdeals.com/ima…jpg

shacknews.com/one…749hotukdeals.com/ima…gif EA is offering Westwood Studios' seminal RTS Command & Conquer Gold as a free download starting today on the Command & Conquer website. The full game download, commemorating the August 31 release of the game 12 years ago, comprises two ISO image files and is also hosted on FileShack for your downloading pleasure.

This version of Command & Conquer Gold is Windows XP compatible and identical to the version included in the compilation Command & Conquer: The First Decade.

29 Comments

Hey great freebie...loved this game!

Sheesh, I only bought First Decade for this the other month!

Can't seem to get multiplayer working though

John

Great, I love them!

Nice ^_^

superb deal

One of the best games ever made, played it so much! So can't argue for free!

Great deal, nice find! Roll on the ham acting and trip down memory lane

This version of Command & Conquer Gold is Windows XP compatible

Vista?!?
Great find... Hope I can figure out how not to die in less that 20 swconds!

Please tell me Multiplayer works in this? Either LAN or over the internet.

Used to play this system link on the Playstation.

Got it on the PC and didn't work with XP.

The only good one after this was Red Alert (the best one) - every other one lacked balance and skill.

Nice one

Great find, you can't beat FREE

Excellent, voted Hot.

Absolutely stonking spot, heat and rep added.

Nice one!
X10

Banned

does it work on vista?

It says online multiplayer does not work in the install notes, but mentions nothing about LAN.

Another freebie here.

]http//ww…%5D

Sorry Rayman.:) Couldn't resist.

]http://www2.fileplanet.com/images/180000/180428ss_sm2.jpg

Plus more here (All add supported)

]http//ww…me-[Free-Game---Ad-Supported]
]http//ww…ed%
]http//ww…ncy

Plus a load more if you look for them tho it often means a 40+ minute wait to download. (Unless you wish to pay to receive faster)

[COLOR=red]EDIT. I have just tried to download one of these but it appears that you have to live in the states to receive them. Perhaps someone would like to try using a US postcode and let us know how you get on.[/COLOR]

Hey ]rizla01, that might be worth it's own post you know, Rayman Raving Rabbids is a brilliant game.

The only thing that bothers me is that there isn't enough information about how the ad-supported aspect of it works.

X10

Istanbul_Kop

Please tell me Multiplayer works in this? Either LAN or over the … Please tell me Multiplayer works in this? Either LAN or over the internet.Used to play this system link on the Playstation.Got it on the PC and didn't work with XP

If you read the ]XP install instructions provided at the ]C&C site:
*Command & Conquer is not online compatible

******* excellent. This games a classic! Still have the original game.

Johnmcl7

Sheesh, I only bought First Decade for this the other month!Can't seem to … Sheesh, I only bought First Decade for this the other month!Can't seem to get multiplayer working though :(John

That's because when EA say "XP compatible" they mean "Bits of it are. If you're lucky".

Moving to misc forum, we usually do not allow downloads as freebie posts.

Nice find. I have the Playstation version that I paid 50 quid for way back then.

Not often you see EA and the word free in the same sentence.

Original Poster

This freebie deal should be moved back into the Freebies section.

Original Poster

Could a Mod please move this thread back into the Freebies section, thanks.

the rayman download won't allow me to install as i am not resident in the us. anybody bypassed this in some way?

Dappy

Could a Mod please move this thread back into the Freebies section, … Could a Mod please move this thread back into the Freebies section, thanks.

Dappy, it was a mod that moved it here and gave a valid reason

emmajk42

Moving to misc forum, we usually do not allow downloads as freebie posts.

llywmog

the rayman download won't allow me to install as i am not resident in the … the rayman download won't allow me to install as i am not resident in the us. anybody bypassed this in some way?

When u register at ubi.com, make sure you list the country as usa. This works for me.

Also, i had to use IE to download the game. I used mozilla to download originally but kept getting an error when installing.

hope the above info helps!

Dudley

That's because when EA say "XP compatible" they mean "Bits of it are. If … That's because when EA say "XP compatible" they mean "Bits of it are. If you're lucky".

To be fair to EA, the main game does work fine and you have to bear in mind that the original game was not designed for LAN play, at the time not even modems were standard. It's not so much making it compatible, more rewriting that section entirely to get it working with modern networking systems.

John
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…11
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2745
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21132
    4. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games11

See more discussions