Groups

Free Glass's Car valuation

Glass's normally charge for this service however 'vauxhall' customers can do this for free. Said to be the most accurate valuation of a used car. Go to the following link:-

vauxhall.co.uk/vx/….do

And click continue. The rest is straight forward.

WORKS FOR ANY MAKE/MODEL/YEAR

Enjoy!

13 Comments

Glasses guide is exactly that. A guide. I work in the motor trade, and in the current economic climate, Glasses is so out of touch with what traders are really valuing cars at, that I wouldn't take any valuation as accurate.

CAP or the Black Book is far more accuarate.

Sorry to rain on Cyrus' parade. Good find, but useless informattion.

Original Poster

Well, with the current economic climate, surely Glass's should have valued the car I am interested in as higher than on the market ? But it valued it much lower than the sellers are pricing it at. Yes, that does mean its not the most accurate but the current economic climate has nothing to do with it it seems.

Do you have links for CAP or Black book .... and are they free ?

Cyrus;2566025

Well, with the current economic climate, surely Glass's should have … Well, with the current economic climate, surely Glass's should have valued the car I am interested in as higher than on the market ? But it valued it much lower than the sellers are pricing it at. Yes, that does mean its not the most accurate but the current economic climate has nothing to do with it it seems.Do you have links for CAP or Black book .... and are they free ?

OR, you could say that the seller is OVERCHARGING ???????

The others are TRADE only, so I don't think there are any links.

Original Poster

kyalion;2566048

OR, you could say that the seller is OVERCHARGING ???????The others are … OR, you could say that the seller is OVERCHARGING ???????The others are TRADE only, so I don't think there are any links.

Seller is not overcharging at all. I have researched the prices and those are the kinds of prices everyone is charging for similar spec'd cars.

So, this is not bad AS A FREEBIE. Obviously not a profesional source of information but then you are not paying professional prices

kyalion;2566009

Glasses guide is exactly that. A guide. I work in the motor trade, and in … Glasses guide is exactly that. A guide. I work in the motor trade, and in the current economic climate, Glasses is so out of touch with what traders are really valuing cars at, that I wouldn't take any valuation as accurate. CAP or the Black Book is far more accuarate. Sorry to rain on Cyrus' parade. Good find, but useless informattion.

Agree. Prices seem to be changing very rapidly. Am still looking for a car. Went to see a Primera last week. Despite me asking if all paperwork was in order before I made the 50mile trip, paperwork was not complete "was with DVLC". As if....

Garages seem to be at least £1,000 on top of private prices. Too much to pay IMO. Am considering finding a mechanic to come with me to a car auction, anyone know someone in North West who could do this?

Cyrus;2566100

Seller is not overcharging at all. I have researched the prices and those … Seller is not overcharging at all. I have researched the prices and those are the kinds of prices everyone is charging for similar spec'd cars.So, this is not bad AS A FREEBIE. Obviously not a profesional source of information but then you are not paying professional prices

OK. Well enjoy the BMW. Obviously my 19 years in the trade means nothing when I'm having a discussion like this with you.

Why are there so many V Vectras for sale, market seems flooded with them?

iglimpse;2567586

Why are there so many V Vectras for sale, market seems flooded with them?

It is. Fleet company disposal usually around this time of year.

Original Poster

kyalion;2567571

OK. Well enjoy the BMW. Obviously my 19 years in the trade means nothing … OK. Well enjoy the BMW. Obviously my 19 years in the trade means nothing when I'm having a discussion like this with you.

Your advice and help is taken on board. There is no reason to be rude about it ... I am, obviously, new to this so am just voicing my opinions.

I wouldnt be on a discussion board if I would not listen and soak in what others have to say.

Original Poster

kyalion;2567571

OK. Well enjoy the BMW. Obviously my 19 years in the trade means nothing … OK. Well enjoy the BMW. Obviously my 19 years in the trade means nothing when I'm having a discussion like this with you.

and seeing as you are in the trade ... you could find a decently priced BMW 320d 2006 auto

Cyrus;2568216

and seeing as you are in the trade ... you could find a decently priced … and seeing as you are in the trade ... you could find a decently priced BMW 320d 2006 auto

Welcome if you are new. Take a little time to appreciate that there are lots of people here who willingly provide a lot of help. If you don't like the repsonse, don't take it peronally.

Clearly there must have been something in what Cyrus said, or you would not now be asking him for help......I admire your style

Original Poster

iglimpse;2572139

Welcome if you are new. Take a little time to appreciate that there are … Welcome if you are new. Take a little time to appreciate that there are lots of people here who willingly provide a lot of help. If you don't like the repsonse, don't take it peronally. Clearly there must have been something in what Cyrus said, or you would not now be asking him for help......I admire your style

this makes no sense what so ever.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Codes from EGX66
      2. One for the mathmeticians1829
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767422
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2645

See more discussions