Groups

Free glove with every soup

shieldsgazette.com/new….jp

Published Date: 20 February 2009
    A SOUTH Tyneside woman was left with a foul taste in her mouth after finding what seemed to be part of a rubber glove in her soup.

Catherine Perry, from Jarrow, bought the £1.99 chicken, mushroom and rice soup from Marks & Spencer in King Street, South Shields.

But she was left shocked when she found what she said was part of a blue, rubber glove in her lunch.

Ms Perry, 31, said: "I went to put a spoonful in my mouth and saw something floating in the soup.

"When I scooped it out it looked like part of a blue rubber glove.

"I could not believe it. You don't expect to find things like that in your dinner, especially from a company like Marks & Spencer. I could have choked on it."

Ms Perry contacted the store and was told to bring it back to exchange it.

A spokesman from Mark & Spencer said: "We are very sorry to hear about Ms Perry's soup.

"That can't have been very nice for her and obviously does not meet our high quality standards.

"We urge Ms Perry to bring the soup into her local store as soon as she can so that we can look into this straight away."

1 Comment

only one glove per soup
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29313807
      2. Walker crisps22
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767532
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563843

See more discussions