Free- Gluten Free Rice Porridge (M&S)

Found 23rd Apr 2016
I have had 1 pack out of a box of 6. I don't like it so I am looking to send it to someone who does.

I will ship to you for free. First in below can have it, dm me your address.
Community Updates
31 Comments

Why not donate it to a local Food Bank along with any other items you can manage to buy / spare.
i wouldlove it thx
Gluten free rice porridge? Well I should hope its gluten free why would anyone add gluten to rice and why can't you make your own congee it would be no doubt cheaper.

I second the food bank idea.
Saturn

Why not donate it to a local Food Bank along with any other items you can … Why not donate it to a local Food Bank along with any other items you can manage to buy / spare.

none
tdh31

i wouldlove it thx

tdh31

i wouldlove it thx

Saturn

Why not donate it to a local Food Bank along with any other items you can … Why not donate it to a local Food Bank along with any other items you can manage to buy / spare.

because they don't take open boxes of food.
tdh31

i wouldlove it thx

on its way
Saturn

Why not donate it to a local Food Bank along with any other items you … Why not donate it to a local Food Bank along with any other items you can manage to buy / spare.

tdh31

i wouldlove it thx

tdh31

i wouldlove it thx

Saturn

Why not donate it to a local Food Bank along with any other items you … Why not donate it to a local Food Bank along with any other items you can manage to buy / spare.

Your call on what you choose to do. However for future reference, Food Banks will accept opened boxes if the contents are individually wrapped, which I would assume these are.
Error440

Gluten free rice porridge? Well I should hope its gluten free why would … Gluten free rice porridge? Well I should hope its gluten free why would anyone add gluten to rice and why can't you make your own congee it would be no doubt cheaper.I second the food bank idea.

​Market ploy, seen bags of microwaved rice as gluten free.....
deleted1416210
kos1c

It isn't a marketing ploy, its more to do with contamination from other products whether the rice has been grown near a gluten source crop or whether it is processed in a factory that may be also handling gluten containing products. Some people have severe gluten intolerance and the smallest amounts can make them ill... it is these people who will be buying these products on the whole.... likewise with gluten free oats... not naturally gluten containing but could become easily contaminated.

Edited by: "deleted1416210" 23rd Apr 2016
PrincessJellybean

It isn't a marketing ploy, its more to do with contamination from other … It isn't a marketing ploy, its more to do with contamination from other products whether the rice has been grown near a gluten source crop or whether it is processed in a factory that may be also handling gluten containing products. Some people have severe gluten intolerance and the smallest amounts can make them ill... it is these people who will be buying these products on the whole.... likewise with gluten free oats... not naturally gluten containing but could become easily contaminated.

​There's gluten free products (including rice) that label gluten free and then say "may contain traces of wheat."

After reading pages and pages about gluten free (coeliacs here) and seeing people complain about how companies are cashing in with their labeling and poisoning ingredients.

I'm going to stand by the marketing ploy view on this one.
deleted1416210
kos1c

​There's gluten free products (including rice) that label gluten free a … ​There's gluten free products (including rice) that label gluten free and then say "may contain traces of wheat." After reading pages and pages about gluten free (coeliacs here) and seeing people complain about how companies are cashing in with their labeling and poisoning ingredients. I'm going to stand by the marketing ploy view on this one.

I agree totally that it can be very confusing and the current 'fad dieters' jumping on the gluten free bandwagon are turning gluten free into a marketing dream.
Meanwhile those of us who really are suffering are having to read and re-read labels over and over again and sometimes only realize something is unsuitable when we become ill.
I complete sympathize with your struggles, I have severe digestive illness myself which puts huge restriction on what I can and can't eat.... I keep my diet as simple as possible, but with misleading labels and so many ingredients with sometimes different names for the same thing, it can be a complete minefield
kos1c

Lmao are people really that daft.
PrincessJellybean

It isn't a marketing ploy, its more to do with contamination from other … It isn't a marketing ploy, its more to do with contamination from other products whether the rice has been grown near a gluten source crop or whether it is processed in a factory that may be also handling gluten containing products. Some people have severe gluten intolerance and the smallest amounts can make them ill... it is these people who will be buying these products on the whole.... likewise with gluten free oats... not naturally gluten containing but could become easily contaminated.

Actually oats do contain gluten its just in small amounts
deleted1416210
Error440

I thought that was just due to the contamination issue?
PrincessJellybean

I thought that was just due to the contamination issue?

They contain similar strains to gluten, which can affect some people with coeliac disease.
My mum was told it did by the doctor and most booze is off limits even most rums
Saturn

tdh31

i wouldlove it thx

tdh31

i wouldlove it thx

Saturn

i like doing random things for ppl on here, i do give food to homeless on my road thanks for the suggestion tho
Error440

My mum was told it did by the doctor and most booze is off limits even … My mum was told it did by the doctor and most booze is off limits even most rums

alcohol and allergies / stomach conds don't mix, and yeah alcohol is often made with wheat - hoegarden etc
Its not just beer which is obvious and gin its things like rum because they add it for flavour and vodka
Error44023rd Apr 2016

Any amount can send my asthma up and me to sleep, it's a nightmare gluten. Wheat, dairy, fish, poultry, soya make me ill, pain all over, tiredness, cognitive disruption. It's a nightmare shopping, I agree as the poster above, I should not need to be reading every label to ensure "MAY contain" from cross contamination because marketing plays a misleading role on the front of packaging.
espirit7723rd Apr 2016

alcohol and allergies / stomach conds don't mix, and yeah alcohol is often …alcohol and allergies / stomach conds don't mix, and yeah alcohol is often made with wheat - hoegarden etc

Yup, allergens are a auto immune response, most people have one or two, and many to additives, flavourings, E numbers and the like, colds and flu can carry changes also that change the stomach balance so anyone can pick up food allergies at any point. Our individual DNA and how it responds to foods and bugs all play a part. NHS really should do a yearly health check that includes full blood analysis rather than dishing out reactive drugs that conceal the problems. I can't drink nor even eat tomatoes anymore, but this miraculous cure for a disease they the mediaeval (NHS)medical professionals don't understand what causes it is almost cured - fibromyalgia.
Edited by: "seaniboy" 21st Aug 2017
never got a thanks from the recipient. oh well
tdh3123rd Apr 2016

i wouldlove it thx

espirit771 h, 15 m ago

never got a thanks from the recipient. oh well

Apart from the second comment in this thread (you replied to on 23 April 2016).
fanpages3 h, 38 m ago

Apart from the second comment in this thread (you replied to on 23 April …Apart from the second comment in this thread (you replied to on 23 April 2016).

Has the OP been worrying about their porridge for over a year? They never wrote, they never called etc
fanpages29th Aug 2017

Apart from the second comment in this thread (you replied to on 23 April …Apart from the second comment in this thread (you replied to on 23 April 2016).

*after* it was received
Segata-Sanshiro30th Aug 2017

Has the OP been worrying about their porridge for over a year? They never …Has the OP been worrying about their porridge for over a year? They never wrote, they never called etc

Not constantly, no
seaniboy21st Aug 2017

Yup, allergens are a auto immune response, most people have one or two, …Yup, allergens are a auto immune response, most people have one or two, and many to additives, flavourings, E numbers and the like, colds and flu can carry changes also that change the stomach balance so anyone can pick up food allergies at any point. Our individual DNA and how it responds to foods and bugs all play a part. NHS really should do a yearly health check that includes full blood analysis rather than dishing out reactive drugs that conceal the problems. I can't drink nor even eat tomatoes anymore, but this miraculous cure for a disease they the mediaeval (NHS)medical professionals don't understand what causes it is almost cured - fibromyalgia.

Very interesting about allergens. I messed up my gut flora and now my little boy is dairy intolerant

Great tto hear you cured fibro with healrhy eating. My ibs is so much better when i cut out gluten, caffeine, sugar, and diary.
espirit7718 h, 8 m ago

Very interesting about allergens. I messed up my gut flora and now my …Very interesting about allergens. I messed up my gut flora and now my little boy is dairy intolerant Great tto hear you cured fibro with healrhy eating. My ibs is so much better when i cut out gluten, caffeine, sugar, and diary.

Ironic you replied today all these months later lol, I started watching The Magic Pill last night, really interesting, one couples autistic daughter got much better removing grains/mass produced and replacing with meats and veg. She even started saying NO, she never had talked before.

m.facebook.com/foo…oc/

I reintroduced wheat and dairy for two months as asked by medical ‘professionals’ last year and I piled on 2 stone, and got sicker and sicker, by Xmas I was ill has hell and back on £25 probiotics. 2 a day this time for two weeks - double the stated and previous dose I took amazon.co.uk/Pro…4FVM

It balanced my gut/ibs/sickness/pain somewhat better. It’s took 2 months since, I started getting back to a new normal, not anywhere near where I was, only the last few nights after almost 5 months has my sleep returned to normal 8-9 hr sleep.

There is also a South African dietician that’s challenged the whole medical system there. The medical board have now taken action against its own appeal hearing against its own staff after they cleared the Tim Noakes of malpractice last year foodmed.net/201…up/

Appeal failed.
m.news24.com/Sou…223

The Doco^ follows people in US and aboriginals in AU going back to a non US/Euro carb based diet. I'll finish watching it tonight.

PS) Also always have this, for your son (and self!) as it’s the best first aid (antibiotic/fungal) cream on the market - Brulidine - £2-5 non prescription but most chemists don’t have it as it’s not one of the BIG medical companies products but they can order it in.
(Beltapharm Italy is the manufacturer)
Its the EU equivalent of Neosporin from the USA - if you know anyone visiting USA ask them to get you some
Edited by: "seaniboy" 5th Mar
I
seaniboy5th Mar

Ironic you replied today all these months later lol, I started watching …Ironic you replied today all these months later lol, I started watching The Magic Pill last night, really interesting, one couples autistic daughter got much better removing grains/mass produced and replacing with meats and veg. She even started saying NO, she never had talked before. https://m.facebook.com/foodismedicinedoc/I reintroduced wheat and dairy for two months as asked by medical ‘professionals’ last year and I piled on 2 stone, and got sicker and sicker, by Xmas I was ill has hell and back on £25 probiotics. 2 a day this time for two weeks - double the stated and previous dose I took https://www.amazon.co.uk/Probiotics-Release-Maximum-Billion-Caplets/dp/B01E6C4FVMIt balanced my gut/ibs/sickness/pain somewhat better. It’s took 2 months since, I started getting back to a new normal, not anywhere near where I was, only the last few nights after almost 5 months has my sleep returned to normal 8-9 hr sleep. There is also a South African dietician that’s challenged the whole medical system there. The medical board have now taken action against its own appeal hearing against its own staff after they cleared the Tim Noakes of malpractice last year http://foodmed.net/2018/02/noakes-hpcsa-appeal-evidence-dietitians-setup/Appeal failed.https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/judgment-reserved-in-tim-noakes-appeal-20180223The Doco^ follows people in US and aboriginals in AU going back to a non US/Euro carb based diet. I'll finish watching it tonight.PS) Also always have this, for your son (and self!) as it’s the best first aid (antibiotic/fungal) cream on the market - Brulidine - £2-5 non prescription but most chemists don’t have it as it’s not one of the BIG medical companies products but they can order it in. (Beltapharm Italy is the manufacturer)Its the EU equivalent of Neosporin from the USA - if you know anyone visiting USA ask them to get you some

Neosporin is great i have relatives send it to me 😊 can you resend the link to the probiotics please its not working

Ive been doing boots travel plus probios. Okay but not amazing.
espirit773 h, 25 m ago

I Neosporin is great i have relatives send it to me 😊 can you resend …I Neosporin is great i have relatives send it to me 😊 can you resend the link to the probiotics please its not workingIve been doing boots travel plus probios. Okay but not amazing.

Lucky you I’m almost out lol. Brulidine it will be, hope it’s as good or better.

The H&Barrat own range gives me migraines and exhaustion so I invested, not cheap but worth it, I do a month at a time as needed. They all give you headaches to some degree as apparently that’s the die off of bad bacteria:

naturewise.com/pro…381
Edited by: "seaniboy" 11th Mar
seaniboy11th Mar

Lucky you I’m almost out lol. Brulidine it will be, hope it’s as good or be …Lucky you I’m almost out lol. Brulidine it will be, hope it’s as good or better. The H&Barrat own range gives me migraines and exhaustion so I invested, not cheap but worth it, I do a month at a time as needed. They all give you headaches to some degree as apparently that’s the die off of bad bacteria:https://www.naturewise.com/products/maximum-care-probiotics?variant=18652557381

Cheers buddy
That porridge must have gone off by now
33460064-EevbB.jpg

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants