Free home fire safety visit and alarm fitting by London Fire Brigade

Posted 7th Aug 2019
Many might not be aware of this free service from the London Fire Brigade. We used it recently and the whole thing took less than 15 minutes, including fitting a smoke alarm, and they were a lovely bunch of people.

What is a home fire safety visit?
We believe that successful firefighting starts with prevention. So we have introduced a service where we can visit you, a loved one, or someone you care for at home to provide personalised advice about fire safety. It's totally free, available 24/7, and we will even fit free smoke alarms during the visit if you need them.

london-fire.gov.uk/saf…ts/
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Good deal for elderly or disabled people but I wouldn’t want to waste their resources as I’m perfectly able to fit my own fire alarm and change the batteries.
21 Comments
All brigades do this just have to contact them
LouiseSayers07/08/2019 09:56

All brigades do this just have to contact them

No they dont. Some Services (London is the only "Brigade") only target vulnerable groups, or are refered by partners (other agencies). However, unofficially, if you asked at your local fire station, im almost certain they would come and help. Btw, if you are in rented accom, the responsibility is with the landlord (for smoke alarms).
Rich06907/08/2019 10:11

No they dont. Some Services (London is the only "Brigade") only target …No they dont. Some Services (London is the only "Brigade") only target vulnerable groups, or are refered by partners (other agencies). However, unofficially, if you asked at your local fire station, im almost certain they would come and help. Btw, if you are in rented accom, the responsibility is with the landlord (for smoke alarms).

Really you're getting snotty about me saying brigade my partner is a fireman I'm aware of the rules
Good deal for elderly or disabled people but I wouldn’t want to waste their resources as I’m perfectly able to fit my own fire alarm and change the batteries.
Do they install main fitted alarms?
Jammy21207/08/2019 12:33

Do they install main fitted alarms?

Nah, but battery ones with a 10yr battery.
I was amazed with the quality of service for a free visitation.
Now I can finally not die in a fire
Clunton07/08/2019 13:15

Nah, but battery ones with a 10yr battery.I was amazed with the quality of …Nah, but battery ones with a 10yr battery.I was amazed with the quality of service for a free visitation.Now I can finally not die in a fire

Ok, thanks.

I have mains fitted ones which are old so was thinking to get them again as I think there would be loose wires left otherwise.
lucas07/08/2019 10:43

Good deal for elderly or disabled people but I wouldn’t want to waste t …Good deal for elderly or disabled people but I wouldn’t want to waste their resources as I’m perfectly able to fit my own fire alarm and change the batteries.

If you get the bragged to fit them you know they are in the right place....

Other point they only fit independent alarms, so they dont set a second one off. So assume alarm in the kitchen the lounge or landing won't sound...
Rich06907/08/2019 10:11

No they dont. Some Services (London is the only "Brigade") only target …No they dont. Some Services (London is the only "Brigade") only target vulnerable groups, or are refered by partners (other agencies). However, unofficially, if you asked at your local fire station, im almost certain they would come and help. Btw, if you are in rented accom, the responsibility is with the landlord (for smoke alarms).

Cleveland is also a Brigade.
The photo for this deal,makes the fireman look like gangsters coming round to beat the living sh*t out of you!
LouiseSayers07/08/2019 10:13

Really you're getting snotty about me saying brigade my partner is …Really you're getting snotty about me saying brigade my partner is a fireman I'm aware of the rules

Sorry, wasnt meant to be. However, is he a fireman or firefighter? (that is snotty ) And ive been corrected that there is another brigade!
Edited by: "Rich069" 7th Aug 2019
Rich06907/08/2019 14:38

Sorry, wasnt meant to be. However, is he a fireman or firefighter? (that …Sorry, wasnt meant to be. However, is he a fireman or firefighter? (that is snotty ) And ive been corrected that there is another brigade!

He goes into dangerous situations to save people he really does not care what the title is generally nor do the people who need them
Broken link for me.
LouiseSayers07/08/2019 14:42

He goes into dangerous situations to save people he really does not care …He goes into dangerous situations to save people he really does not care what the title is generally nor do the people who need them

I dont think you got my sarcasm. There was a smiley after it. Im in no way pc either.
Rich06907/08/2019 15:14

I dont think you got my sarcasm. There was a smiley after it. Im in no way …I dont think you got my sarcasm. There was a smiley after it. Im in no way pc either.

Ahhh it's very difficult to convey in a message! Some people are very very pc
lucas07/08/2019 10:43

Good deal for elderly or disabled people but I wouldn’t want to waste t …Good deal for elderly or disabled people but I wouldn’t want to waste their resources as I’m perfectly able to fit my own fire alarm and change the batteries.

But those who don't or can't it's better than a fire and dying

They get paid the same if they're sitting down or running into a burning building

Only cost is the batteries or alarm

Or if you're poor since alarms aren't cheap
Edited by: "Norseg" 7th Aug 2019
Norseg07/08/2019 15:32

But those who don't or can't it's better than a fire and dyingThey get …But those who don't or can't it's better than a fire and dyingThey get paid the same if they're sitting down or running into a burning buildingOnly cost is the batteries or alarmOr if you're poor since alarms aren't cheap

That’s what I said? And they’re cheap as chips
lucas07/08/2019 15:34

That’s what I said? And they’re cheap as chips

£20-30? Not cheap if you get £60 a week in benefits plus some alarms are in dangerous places like mine was above the stairs and on the ceiling above stairs

Also not everyone has a stepladder
Edited by: "Norseg" 7th Aug 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants