Groups

Free Laptop deals ECT

Looking to by a laptop and get a mobile contract, so have been looking at these deals!:P

wandered what people think.

Laptop MInimum Spec

3gb ram 120gb hdd 1ghz processor!:P

cheap as poss

6 Comments

I've yet to see one that isn't a rip off, it's cheaper to buy the service and laptop seperately.

What do you plan to do with this laptop?

I only ask as a 1GHz laptop is seriously underpowered and you should be looking for nearer 2Ghz for a dual core or 4GHz for a single core.

I know a man at my work that got a free laptop from PC World with a £35/month unlimited usage 3G Dongle. The laptop was a Packard Bell, which isnt great, but I set it up for him and it wasnt a bad laptop in terms of performance.

If thats any good?

Original Poster

i meant 2ghz processor thats what i get for not re- reading my post.

Also it is not a Deal Request because i am asking for an opinion on the deals not asking for the best deal!

dmccabe;3529764

nearer 2Ghz for a dual core or 4GHz for a single core.I know a man at my … nearer 2Ghz for a dual core or 4GHz for a single core.I know a man at my work that got a free laptop from PC World with a £35/month unlimited usage 3G Dongle.

4Ghz single core processors don't exist and laptops never even got close AFAIK. (I think there was a 3.8Ghz Pentium D for the desktop).

As far as I know nobody's offering unlimited mobile broadband (although some claim it), so without knowing the usage limits it's hard to say about the deal but if we say it's a 3GB package that would be £15 a month without the laptop, so on a 24 month contract that's £480 he's paying for the laptop.

Compare the differences in monthly cost between a contract with a 'free' laptop and one without. I have, and PC World's 'free' laptop cost something like £900, compared to £600 as would've been the price to buy seperately. Check out the numbers for yourself. There's some serious butthurt going on.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions