Free Laptop with Dell and the Carphone Warehouse - Does anyone know of a get out clause???

Hi,

I signed up for the free Dell laptop through the carphone warehouse in August/September time and wondered if anyone knew of a get out clause??

I dont mind returning the laptop as I've just it less than a handfull of times as it just to heavy and bulky but I really want to get away from their ott monthly charges for the broadband and call charges!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

14 Comments

Yes, get hospitalised for 3 months, your then obliged to cancel your contract due to medical health reasons and because your in hospital you cant use their services.

Original Poster

ha ha ha was planning on saving money this year not living on SSP lol

Oh dear... good luck with that. Why don't you first try phoning them up and explain that you think their charges are not competitive and it is costing far more than you were led to believe. They might be able to negotiate with you.

Failing that, what about selling the laptop on ebay or this site and use the funds to help pay for the service charges until the end of the minimum contract.

go into the shop and make a scene about it!

and when they say no tell everyone who's in the shop not to buy there!

then they prob will cancel it

Banned

Youre jesting no chance youre in a at least 12 months maybe longer . Did you read the small print on your contract. "your up the **** creek with out no paddle".
GOOD LUCK

gould917;1480363

Youre jesting no chance youre in a at least 12 months maybe longer . Did … Youre jesting no chance youre in a at least 12 months maybe longer . Did you read the small print on your contract. "your up the **** creek with out no paddle".GOOD LUCK

Its a 24 month contract if i remember corrently.

So yeah, your stuffed.

I think this is a lesson for those who sign up for the "free" things .. I doubt there is anyway to get out before contract ends. Sorry. Enjoy your laptop.

I think it is an OK deal, £480 for a laptop and 2 years broadband.
The laptop is nearly worthless to them to take back, and making a scene in the shop WILL NOT help, the people in the shop have nothing to do with AOL broadband.

Good luck though

allstar2;1480347

go into the shop and make a scene about it! and when they say no tell … go into the shop and make a scene about it! and when they say no tell everyone who's in the shop not to buy there!then they prob will cancel it

silly advice as the manager will just call security or the police.

my advice and the best advice is to gather your belongings and FLEE THE COUNTRY MAXING A FEW CREDIT CARDS WHILE YOUR AT IT

fiyero;1481276

I think it is an OK deal, £480 for a laptop and 2 years broadband.The … I think it is an OK deal, £480 for a laptop and 2 years broadband.The laptop is nearly worthless to them to take back, and making a scene in the shop WILL NOT help, the people in the shop have nothing to do with AOL broadband. Good luck though

Spot on...if there is a get out clause I'd expect it to be expensive, too much so to be viable.

John

muffin247;1481414

my advice and the best advice is to gather your belongings and FLEE THE … my advice and the best advice is to gather your belongings and FLEE THE COUNTRY MAXING A FEW CREDIT CARDS WHILE YOUR AT IT

fantastic advice, could well sort out all my problems:p

Keep giving advice like that and i may give you some rep lol

keep downloading as much as you can and eventually you may breach their FUP, just ignore them and carry on downloading. Hopefully they will terminate your contract. If they start throttling your connection kick up a fuss over that.

newbie1001;1481532

keep downloading as much as you can and eventually you may breach their … keep downloading as much as you can and eventually you may breach their FUP, just ignore them and carry on downloading. Hopefully they will terminate your contract. If they start throttling your connection kick up a fuss over that.

Pretty sure that if you do that then all they'll do is charge you even more for extra downloading! I remember a lot of people warning folk on here not to go for these deals. You've just got to either stick with it or buy your way out of it, I'm guessing there will be that option, but they may just charge you the full cost of the contract.

Also, not a good idea to sell the laptop to try and cover some of the contract as they will probably reserve the right to claim the laptop back at any point during the contract if they feel you've breached a clause, then you're left with no laptop to give them back which they would just charge you full price for.

Sorry for being the bearer of doom-ridden tidings, but they usually have these things sewn up tight as you like!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free pr subsidised loft insulation -not in benefits11
    2. Biscuit addiction1537
    3. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?57
    4. Car park fine UKPC1212

See more discussions