EXPIRED

Free legal advice for next 45 mins

I am feeling generous and will donate my valuable (and billable) next 45 mins to anyone wanting free legal advice on anything other than crime and immigration: DISCLAIMER please do not sue me, general advice only (but I am qualified).

75 Comments

Supermod

What are you qualified as?

You should not be giving advice (disclaimer or not) if you are not confident as the chances are people on here will rely on it. Do you remember the case of Chaudry v Prabhakar?!

Can I declare myself bankrupt and still keep my house if I'm 25,000 in debt?

Banned

If I wanted to register a company, how would I go about doing this ?

I here Tony Blair might be looking for all the legal advice he can get. Lets see if he pops up.

Supermod

Plum;7629613

I here Tony Blair might be looking for all the legal advice he can get. … I here Tony Blair might be looking for all the legal advice he can get. Lets see if he pops up.

Cherie is well equipped ;-)

Oooh I work in Immigration!

Original Poster

magicjay1986;7629602

What are you qualified as? You should not be giving advice (disclaimer or … What are you qualified as? You should not be giving advice (disclaimer or not) if you are not confident as the chances are people on here will rely on it. Do you remember the case of Chaudry v Prabhakar?!

Thanks for the reminder: negligence in advising on car purchase I believe. I propose general guidelines etc as I do this for local community radio. But point definitely taken.

Original Poster

wierdowoss;7629611

Look at Companies House website for details.

Supermod

sofapotato;7629654

Thanks for the reminder: negligence in advising on car purchase I … Thanks for the reminder: negligence in advising on car purchase I believe. I propose general guidelines etc as I do this for local community radio. But point definitely taken.

Google is your friend.

What is your qualification?

Original Poster

bossyboots;7629642

:thumbsup:very weird thread. OP r u feeling lonely or something

No.

Original Poster

Plum;7629613

I here Tony Blair might be looking for all the legal advice he can get. … I here Tony Blair might be looking for all the legal advice he can get. Lets see if he pops up.

I will definitely charge him.

sofapotato;7629675

I will definitely charge him.

Charge him with what?

Original Poster

magicjay1986;7629667

Google is your friend. What is your qualification?

Well, as they say, it is not what you know or learn at law school but where to find the information and to apply it to particular facts.

Original Poster

Inactive;7629688

Charge him with what?

I mean for legal advice...

Supermod

wierdowoss;7629611

If this is something you are interested in then you need to read the Companies Act 2006.

In brief...

To incorporate a company the following documents must be sent to Companies House:

Application to register a company (Form IN01) and the fee
Memorandum of Association
Articles of Association
Additional information if your application includes a prescribed or sensitive word or expression

There are limitations on the choice of name so you need to be careful what you call your company.

Hope this helps

Supermod

sofapotato;7629691

Well, as they say, it is not what you know or learn at law school but … Well, as they say, it is not what you know or learn at law school but where to find the information and to apply it to particular facts.

That does not answer what your qualification is...

Original Poster

thedish;7629606

Can I declare myself bankrupt and still keep my house if I'm 25,000 in … Can I declare myself bankrupt and still keep my house if I'm 25,000 in debt?

Probably not: go and speak to a IP (Insolvency Practioner) before you do anything silly.

Supermod

thedish;7629606

Can I declare myself bankrupt and still keep my house if I'm 25,000 in … Can I declare myself bankrupt and still keep my house if I'm 25,000 in debt?

No, you cannot. If you are declaring yourself bankrupt you are saying that you cannot meet payments to creditors. If you have equity tied up in property then they can register a charging order against your property and then force a Power of Sale. Secured charges against the property rank in priority to those which are unsecured.

The Official Receiver appointed in your bankruptcy will take whatever you own to pay your debts. If you own your home and there is enough equity tied up then you should not really be attempting to bankrupt yourself.

Original Poster

magicjay1986;7629718

No, you cannot. If you are declaring yourself bankrupt you are saying … No, you cannot. If you are declaring yourself bankrupt you are saying that you cannot meet payments to creditors. If you have equity tied up in property then they can register a charging order against your property and then force a Power of Sale. Secured charges against the property rank in priority to those which are unsecured.

I seem to have gotten you to give advice... thanks. You are not doing that badly. Your qualification, may I ask?

Banned

sofapotato;7629736

I seem to have gotten you to give advice... thanks. You are not doing … I seem to have gotten you to give advice... thanks. You are not doing that badly. Your qualification, may I ask?

MJ is a great HUKDer :thumbsup:

Supermod

sofapotato;7629736

I seem to have gotten you to give advice... thanks. You are not doing … I seem to have gotten you to give advice... thanks. You are not doing that badly. Your qualification, may I ask?

I have offered quite a few people on here advice. It is my opinion that everyone should have access to justice. If I can help people on here it goes a small way towards the taxpayers purse not being broken in to with what can sometimes be seen as not worthy legal aid expenditure.

I am a qualified lawyer. I practice in Civil Litigation, Land Law, Licensing and Tort.

Supermod

DLM;7629741

MJ is a great HUKDer :thumbsup:

Hey you. What are you doing up so late?!

Banned

magicjay1986;7629757

Hey you. What are you doing up so late?!

God knows :roll:

I need to get to bed very soon x x

Original Poster

magicjay1986;7629752

I have offered quite a few people on here advice. It is my opinion that … I have offered quite a few people on here advice. It is my opinion that everyone should have access to justice. If I can help people on here it goes a small way towards the taxpayers purse not being broken in to with what can sometimes be seen as not worthy legal aid expenditure. I am a qualified lawyer. I practice in Civil Litigation, Land Law, Licensing and Tort.

Please state in respect of 'lawyer': solicitor, REL, RFL, Counsel, PAC?

Supermod

sofapotato;7629778

Please state in respect of 'lawyer': solicitor, REL, RFL, Counsel, PAC?

Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives. FILEX.
ilex.org.uk/abo…spx
:thumbsup:

Supermod

DLM;7629766

God knows :roll:I need to get to bed very soon x x

Me too! I had an incredibly strong coffee at about 9...big mistake x

Supermod

dcx_badass;7629801

Why? You haven't yet.

...:whistling:

Banned

magicjay1986;7629800

Me too! I had an incredibly strong coffee at about 9...big mistake x

I do that and then wonder why I can't sleep :roll:

I am all excited I bought some ear plugs today because my fella snores :x

I hope they work x x

Original Poster

magicjay1986;7629793

Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives. FILEX. … Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives. FILEX. http://www.ilex.org.uk/about_legal_executives.aspx:thumbsup:

Ah...myself: Solicitor-Advocate (Civil)

sofapotato;7629694

I mean for legal advice...

I am sure Tony Blair could afford to use a legal team that do not offer their services for free at past midnight on a forum.:roll:

Supermod

sofapotato;7629816

Ah...myself: Solicitor-Advocate (Civil)

How long have you been qualified? I find it strange you cannot answer a very straightforward issue on bankruptcy...

Supermod

Inactive;7629817

I am sure Tony Blair could afford to use a legal team that do not offer … I am sure Tony Blair could afford to use a legal team that do not offer their services for free at past midnight on a forum.:roll:

...especially considering what his wife does for a living...

Original Poster

Inactive;7629817

I am sure Tony Blair could afford to use a legal team that do not offer … I am sure Tony Blair could afford to use a legal team that do not offer their services for free at past midnight on a forum.:roll:

Because their view of pro bono is 15 mins of broadcast of doing something 'for the community'.

Supermod

DLM;7629812

I do that and then wonder why I can't sleep :roll:I am all excited I … I do that and then wonder why I can't sleep :roll:I am all excited I bought some ear plugs today because my fella snores :xI hope they work x x

Haha. That is funny!! My lady snores when she has had a drink! I usually resign myself to the sofa...:-D

magicjay1986;7629827

...especially considering what his wife does for a living...

Indeed... :thumbsup:

sofapotato;7629828

Because their view of pro bono is 15 mins of broadcast of doing something … Because their view of pro bono is 15 mins of broadcast of doing something 'for the community'.

Your avatar is very appropriate for a lawyer.:roll:

Banned

magicjay1986;7629831

Haha. That is funny!! My lady snores when she has had a drink! I usually … Haha. That is funny!! My lady snores when she has had a drink! I usually resign myself to the sofa...:-D

I have seriously thought about the sofa and the spare room :roll:

I think he has a blocked saliva gland because he has had a lump on the roof of his mouth for 3 weeks.

I hope the hospital sort it next week for him x x

Original Poster

magicjay1986;7629825

How long have you been qualified? I find it strange you cannot answer a … How long have you been qualified? I find it strange you cannot answer a very straightforward issue on bankruptcy...

The answer you gave is of course correct. But as you said yourself, specific advice can not be given and I advised poster to seek full advice from an IP ( or perhaps go to CAB or Law Centre). Stating the obvious rules does not help the poster.

Supermod

DLM;7629842

I have seriously thought about the sofa and the spare room :roll:I think … I have seriously thought about the sofa and the spare room :roll:I think he has a blocked saliva gland because he has had a lump on the roof of his mouth for 3 weeks.I hope the hospital sort it next week for him x x

Fingers crossed for you. For his comfort and for your sleep!! x

Banned

magicjay1986;7629852

Fingers crossed for you. For his comfort and for your sleep!! x

Also my sanity, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh x x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …75129
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846275
    3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1636
    4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction99

See more discussions