Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Free meal for Swansea homeless.

Posted 10th Dec 2019
Please spread the word to all the homeless in Swansea. Thank you.

3360495-iJbLn.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
14 Comments
shouldnt it be 14.25 or 2.45pm, with the zero in front it looks false...
Such an empty gesture.
For one meal/day they care, and the rest of the year, if someone tried to sleep on their steps, they'd be told to F off.

And who needs four exclamation marks FFS?
Could I please ask as to who or what organisation is behind this?
jimmy_the_fridge10/12/2019 23:21

Comment deleted

Well said,
No gesture intended, simply a warm meal for someone in need.
Nice gesture and it brings negative comments. Wtf?
J4GG411/12/2019 01:57

Nice gesture and it brings negative comments. Wtf?

Never going to be easy to strike the right tone to be fair ?

frankly that this is even an issue in this day and age.....
That flyer looks so fake lol
Wongy11011/12/2019 02:18

Never going to be easy to strike the right tone to be fair ?frankly that …Never going to be easy to strike the right tone to be fair ?frankly that this is even an issue in this day and age.....

Grammar and tone shouldn't be questioned when a company is offering something free to those in need. They don't need to offer anything at all, despite it only being for 1 day. I don't think they'd be in business at all if they offered it 365 days a year.

The homeless can get free food 365 days a year elsewhere though.
J4GG411/12/2019 02:40

Grammar and tone shouldn't be questioned when a company is offering …Grammar and tone shouldn't be questioned when a company is offering something free to those in need. They don't need to offer anything at all, despite it only being for 1 day. I don't think they'd be in business at all if they offered it 365 days a year.The homeless can get free food 365 days a year elsewhere though.

If you think about it - if every business offered the homeless free food one day of the year, they would easily have free food all year round. Just needs someone to organise it so they do it on different days. Why isn't this a thing?? What are all these homeless charities doing?? I think it's really dumb that people only care when it comes to Christmas for a soundbite and not all year round. Wouldn't cost these businesses much at all and would probably have a huge impact on their local communities. They should all be giving back to the communities they take from. Also the government should be helping homeless people - isn't it mad that the PM gave Arcuri a £100K grant of our hard earned money and yet homeless people here get nothing. Society is broken and needs fixing. Also regarding Arcuri, just read she did an MBA here in London and hasn't paid a penny for her tuition fees / University costs lol?! She's being sued for a £100K student loan in the US for these costs as she hasn't paid a penny of what was owed. If the government helped people who actually needed it and gave them a leg up, they would be out of poverty for good - loan them money to study / get themselves sorted out / get self-respect and dignity - when they are sorted out have them pay it back. It's really not difficult. Why are they helping rich people get richer and lining their own pockets?? Think of how much money we waste on military spending etc. When's the last time we were attacked by another country? Instead of spending money on helping people, we spend it on killing people and lining the pockets of the corrupt and rich. Everything is wrong with society and it's really not very difficult to fix.
Edited by: "Master_Yoda" 11th Dec 2019
Also - I think this should be moved by mods to Freebies (if genuine), rather than be in Misc. Will get more views there. It's technically a freebie.
Edited by: "Master_Yoda" 11th Dec 2019
Master_Yoda11/12/2019 02:58

If you think about it - if every business offered the homeless free food …If you think about it - if every business offered the homeless free food one day of the year, they would easily have free food all year round. Just needs someone to organise it so they do it on different days. Why isn't this a thing?? What are all these homeless charities doing?? I think it's really dumb that people only care when it comes to Christmas for a soundbite and not all year round. Wouldn't cost these businesses much at all and would probably have a huge impact on their local communities. They should all be giving back to the communities they take from. Also the government should be helping homeless people - isn't it mad that the PM gave Arcuri a £100K grant of our hard earned money and yet homeless people here get nothing. Society is broken and needs fixing. Also regarding Arcuri, just read she did an MBA here in London and hasn't paid a penny for her tuition fees / University costs lol?! She's being sued for a £100K student loan in the US for these costs as she hasn't paid a penny of what was owed. If the government helped people who actually needed it and gave them a leg up, they would be out of poverty for good - loan them money to study / get themselves sorted out / get self-respect and dignity - when they are sorted out have them pay it back. It's really not difficult. Why are they helping rich people get richer and lining their own pockets?? Think of how much money we waste on military spending etc. When's the last time we were attacked by another country? Instead of spending money on helping people, we spend it on killing people and lining the pocklets of the corrupt and rich. Everything is wrong with society and it's really not very difficult to fix.

Business's don't need to, shouldn't be their job, but its nice when they do offer it. Some business's tend to move homeless people away as they may smell or may think they're preventing customers entering their business, I've seen so many videos of this. I rarely see homeless people now though.. Not seen any for a good 3 years in my town.

BTW
People can eat for free every single day 365 days a year.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 11th Dec 2019
jimmy_the_fridge10/12/2019 23:21

Comment deleted

But what about the next day and the next following day/week/month/year?
Hopefully another business will show they care for that one day per year.
I read about someone who invites a homeless person into their home every single evening for a home cooked meal.
The grammar in the poster is awful though, isn’t it?
Edited by: "JumpMan1980" 11th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions