Free Microsoft word or equivalent

Posted 5th Mar
Hello,

Hopping somebody can help. I’ve just started an apprenticeship and have course work to do. Is there a free version of Microsoft office to use on a MacBook. Looked at the prices and was shocked as I only need it for about a year
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
LibreOffice Writer.

But then again why not just use Pages, it should already be on your Macbook.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 5th Mar
if you have to attend a college / university with your apprenticeship they can usually give you microsoft office for free with your course and you can put it on 6 devices including mac you may need to speak to them about it as it will be tied to your email address.
Edited by: "Luckyluke02" 5th Mar
Haircut_10005/03/2020 09:21

LibreOffice Writer. But then again why not just use Pages, it should …LibreOffice Writer. But then again why not just use Pages, it should already be on your Macbook.

It’s a different format that’s not a doc
Luckyluke0205/03/2020 09:32

if you have to attend a college / university with your apprenticeship they …if you have to attend a college / university with your apprenticeship they can usually give you microsoft office for free with your course and you can put it on 6 devices including mac you may need to speak to them about it as it will be tied to your email address.

It’s an on job apprenticeship so no actual college attendance
Try Open Office
ndyanem05/03/2020 09:32

It’s a different format that’s not a doc

save as then you can change it to .docx
maybe speak to your employer if they are giving you coursework without a educational institute been involved who will it go to? just dont do the coursework
Luckyluke0205/03/2020 09:35

save as then you can change it to .docx maybe speak to your employer …save as then you can change it to .docx maybe speak to your employer if they are giving you coursework without a educational institute been involved who will it go to? just dont do the coursework

There is no option to change it to doc? It’s on site training and then coursework alongside, followed by an independent assessor
ndyanem05/03/2020 09:36

There is no option to change it to doc? It’s on site training and then c …There is no option to change it to doc? It’s on site training and then coursework alongside, followed by an independent assessor

or you can buy an account with office
ebay.co.uk/itm…bED
its only £1.99
ndyanem05/03/2020 09:36

There is no option to change it to doc? It’s on site training and then c …There is no option to change it to doc? It’s on site training and then coursework alongside, followed by an independent assessor

Convert and open documents in Pages for Mac You can work with a variety of file formats in Pages for Mac. Check which formats are compatible.

Convert a Pages document in Pages for Mac
If you want to open a Pages document in another app like Microsoft Word, use Pages to convert the document to an appropriate format.

Open the Pages document that you want to convert.Choose File > Export To, then select the format.In the window that appears, you can choose a different format or set up any additional options. For example, you can require a password to open an exported PDF, choose to use the table of contents in an exported EPUB book, or choose the format for the exported Word document.
Click Next. Enter a name for your file, then choose a location for the file.Click Export.To send a file in a specific format through Mail, Messages, AirDrop, or Notes, choose Share > Send a Copy, choose how you want to send the document, then choose a format.

Is there any free 'office' or word for Windows 10? Just really for kids homework
Big_Rik05/03/2020 09:52

Is there any free 'office' or word for Windows 10? Just really for kids …Is there any free 'office' or word for Windows 10? Just really for kids homework

We've already mentioned them in this thread. LibreOffice Writer and Open Office.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 5th Mar
Haircut_10005/03/2020 09:57

We've already mentioned them in this thread. LibreOffice Writer and Open …We've already mentioned them in this thread. LibreOffice Writer and Open Office.

Sorry boss, thought it was Mac only thread.
Big_Rik05/03/2020 09:59

Sorry boss, thought it was Mac only thread.

You can even use Google Docs as well. If it's just for the kids to do some homework on it doesn't really matter too much which one you use. Google Docs could be handy as it's easy to pick up your work across multiple devices.
If you go on ebay and type in microsoft office 365 you can buy an account which will allow you to download all the packages for £1.99 or around.
Haircut_10005/03/2020 10:09

You can even use Google Docs as well. If it's just for the kids to do some …You can even use Google Docs as well. If it's just for the kids to do some homework on it doesn't really matter too much which one you use. Google Docs could be handy as it's easy to pick up your work across multiple devices.

If it's for kids homework, check if they have something a school email account, such as Glow (in Scotland). Many councils include an Office subscription with that.
You've spent £1000+ on a top end laptop and you're shocked that a top end piece of software costs £120?
Mate, send me a PM and I'll send you a code for a full version of Office that I bought last year by mistake. Didn't realise it only worked on Mac.
Danze198405/03/2020 11:08

Mate, send me a PM and I'll send you a code for a full version of Office …Mate, send me a PM and I'll send you a code for a full version of Office that I bought last year by mistake. Didn't realise it only worked on Mac.

Massive thank you. I’ll pm you now
EndlessWaves05/03/2020 10:31

You've spent £1000+ on a top end laptop and you're shocked that a top end …You've spent £1000+ on a top end laptop and you're shocked that a top end piece of software costs £120?

The Mac is old 7 years infact
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants