Expired

Free Netnanny equivalent needed

10 replies
Found 16th Jul 2008
As per title, I need a freebie programme that will limit access to websites as there are some that are being accessed on my computer that are undesireable

I have tried blocking through Internet Explorer, and restricted sites etc, but really would like a piece of software so that it is password protected.

Any pointers would be great

Cheers

9 Comments

give k9webprotection a try its free and you need to put in a password to setup, found this on martin lewis money saving expert .com which is a brill site , sorry dont know yet how to put a link as i have just signed up !

Microsoft family safety? ]here

OpenDNS?

Banned

Be sneaky and load a keylogger instead. Then you can keep an eye on what they are doing, some keyloggers include a blocking program. Find one here [url]www.download.com[/url]

Banned

I presume they are being accessed by a child, however if this is not the case I would do a scan on your computer for spyware. As this may be the cause, windows defender is suitable for this.

deputydog7;2543681

give k9webprotection a try its free and you need to put in a password to … give k9webprotection a try its free and you need to put in a password to setup, found this on martin lewis money saving expert .com which is a brill site , sorry dont know yet how to put a link as i have just signed up !

I agree, this is one of the best free options, it's also favoured by CA security products.

Steve

supermod

deputydog7;2543681

give k9webprotection a try its free and you need to put in a password to … give k9webprotection a try its free and you need to put in a password to setup, found this on martin lewis money saving expert .com which is a brill site , sorry dont know yet how to put a link as i have just signed up !

]http//ww…om/ :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Cheers everyone you are all stars :thumbsup:

Hi, another option that you have is that you can filter the URLs that your child can access on your home ADSL router. Some manufacturers have quite sophisticated solutions. If you let so know the make and model we can investigate more.

xmal
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    3. word association Game74244916
    4. Add one, leave one game54415442

See more discussions