FREE NHS treatment for Gaming Addiction/ Disorder as from today HotUKDealers!!!

Found 18th Jun
The WHO (World Health Organisation) has just recently classified Gaming Addiction/ Disorder as an official disease and as such the NHS is now obliged to offer free diagnosis & treatment, similar to diseases such as alcoholism, drug and gambling addictions etc.
Hasn't gone unnoticed that all things gaming are amongst the most popular categories on HotUKDeals, so you need not feel isolated or guilty if you feel the gaming urge has become an issue... you may even find they set aside a special hospital ward for HotUKDeal gamers - now wouldn't that be alot of fun

nhs.uk/liv…it/
Community Updates
Top comments
I think this is a Farce!
When I used to misbehave whilst on my computer or would not get off it- my mom simply turned the whole electricity off in the cupboard! I learned to respect the time on there and treat it as past time which we managed!
What about treatment for non-gamers who spend their lives watching Eastenders, Coronation Street, Big Brother and taking pictures of what they are having for dinner to post on Facebook?!

Why are gamers being stigmatized
26 Comments
Footie by day... Fortnite by night34054359-9izGP.jpg
I think this is a Farce!
When I used to misbehave whilst on my computer or would not get off it- my mom simply turned the whole electricity off in the cupboard! I learned to respect the time on there and treat it as past time which we managed!
ASongOfFireAndIce2 m ago

I think this is a Farce! When I used to misbehave whilst on my computer or …I think this is a Farce! When I used to misbehave whilst on my computer or would not get off it- my mom simply turned the whole electricity off in the cupboard! I learned to respect the time on there and treat it as past time which we managed!

I think your main complaint should be being kept in a cupboard as a child.
Unless your name is Harry.
What about treatment for non-gamers who spend their lives watching Eastenders, Coronation Street, Big Brother and taking pictures of what they are having for dinner to post on Facebook?!

Why are gamers being stigmatized
Bobbajob42 m ago

I think your main complaint should be being kept in a cupboard as a …I think your main complaint should be being kept in a cupboard as a child.Unless your name is Harry.

We wasn’t in the cupboard the meter was in the cupboard!
Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army21 m ago

What about treatment for non-gamers who spend their lives watching …What about treatment for non-gamers who spend their lives watching Eastenders, Coronation Street, Big Brother and taking pictures of what they are having for dinner to post on Facebook?!Why are gamers being stigmatized

Also Selfies in the middle of a busy footpath!
Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army27 m ago

What about treatment for non-gamers who spend their lives watching …What about treatment for non-gamers who spend their lives watching Eastenders, Coronation Street, Big Brother and taking pictures of what they are having for dinner to post on Facebook?!Why are gamers being stigmatized

Soap addition kills millions every year, at least gamers are moving their arms and heads, lazy sofa louts aren’t.
cmdr_elito3 m ago

Soap addition kills millions every year, at least gamers are moving their …Soap addition kills millions every year, at least gamers are moving their arms and heads, lazy sofa louts aren’t.

The following are some of the cognitive benefits of playing video games.

• Improves coordination. ...
  • Improves problem-solving skills. ...
  • Enhances memory. ...
  • Improves attention and concentration. ...
  • It is a great source of learning. ...
  • Improves the brain's speed. ...
  • Enhances multitasking skills. ...
  • Improves social skills.
Not to mention the social aspect of connecting with gamers from all walks of life throughout the world.
NHS? bet all you get is a couple of lousy 'hits' of suduko a day
Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army22 m ago

The following are some of the cognitive benefits of playing video …The following are some of the cognitive benefits of playing video games.Improves coordination. ...Improves problem-solving skills. ...Enhances memory. ...Improves attention and concentration. ...It is a great source of learning. ...Improves the brain's speed. ...Enhances multitasking skills. ...Improves social skills.

You won’t get that from watching love island will ya! Lol
All the NHS need to do is issue prescriptions for girlfriends.

Job done.

But on the serious side, I do wonder whether we pander too much to some of these so called addictions and allow people to advocate their own responsibilities to exercise a degree of self control.

And in the case of children, parents need to regulate their child's gaming time.
Hopefully it takes 3 years to get treatment, just like depression does. This should not be given a higher priority. About time parents took responsibility for their children and stopped blaming the games.
I’m still waiting for treatment for sex addiction.
Neighbours wife is tired out and the postwoman wasn’t in today.

Help!
Edited by: "jr007" 18th Jun
choccie3217 m ago

Hopefully it takes 3 years to get treatment, just like depression does. …Hopefully it takes 3 years to get treatment, just like depression does. This should not be given a higher priority. About time parents took responsibility for their children and stopped blaming the games.

Damn right! I here some parents blaming the likes of Call of Duty effecting there children! I’m like helooooooooooooo who purchased it??? Age rating not applicable to your children then because you gotta keep them being down an cool with the others
Edited by: "ASongOfFireAndIce" 18th Jun
ASongOfFireAndIce2 h, 44 m ago

I think this is a Farce! When I used to misbehave whilst on my computer or …I think this is a Farce! When I used to misbehave whilst on my computer or would not get off it- my mom simply turned the whole electricity off in the cupboard! I learned to respect the time on there and treat it as past time which we managed!

You sure it was the lights going out and not just you going blind?
Er no
Its weird to live in a world where people opt to have organizations spend millions just to avoid pointing a finger at the voters.. themselves.. the parents..
jr0073 h, 43 m ago

I’m still waiting for treatment for sex addiction.Neighbours wife is tired …I’m still waiting for treatment for sex addiction.Neighbours wife is tired out and the postwoman wasn’t in today.Help!

You can get delusion treated on the NHS already mate
Edited by: "catbeans" 18th Jun
It’s a joke and a waste of NHS resources. They should be spent on something else (such as mental health services, which needs way more funding than it has!).

I’m in the process of being moved onto adult services and the difference between them and child services is really different- I cannot get access to 1-1 support. If there was more funding perhaps it would make a difference.
Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army11 h, 45 m ago

The following are some of the cognitive benefits of playing video …The following are some of the cognitive benefits of playing video games.Improves coordination. ...Improves problem-solving skills. ...Enhances memory. ...Improves attention and concentration. ...It is a great source of learning. ...Improves the brain's speed. ...Enhances multitasking skills. ...Improves social skills.

'a great source of learning' says it all!
Another reason why I don't like "Free' healthcare

Anyway what are the 'treatments"
Will they give money, free games?
Edited by: "Norseg" 19th Jun
deleted1431257
Will this lead to being classified as a mental illness then games being taxed by the government in an attempt to curb the few who can’t control their gaming time from buying games, at the inconvenience of the many who have at least a modicum of self control?
So will Compulsive purchasing addiction to deals posted on Hotukdeals be recognised next?
The WHO (World Health Organisation) has just recently classified Gaming Addiction/ Disorder as an official disease
Pinballing being the main culprit.
Norseg2 h, 26 m ago

Another reason why I don't like "Free' healthcare Anyway what are the …Another reason why I don't like "Free' healthcare Anyway what are the 'treatments"Will they give money, free games?

Make them play nothing but the worst games of all time. Allegedly, including Atari's ET en.wikipedia.org/wik…ial
Edited by: "melted" 19th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions