Free entertainment and education for the extra time at home - inc free streaming trials, colouring/crafts offers, keepfit apps and more

Deal editor74
Refreshed 24th Mar (Posted 19th Mar)
Update 1
Updated today with some more links

Take care,

-M
Firstly, I want to thank this community for already providing some really valuable resources, threads, and generally just helping each other out during this difficult time. Community is really important at a time like this, and it's amazing to see everyone coming together and getting on with things as best they can, and helping others.

3424533.jpg
The guys over at MyDealz have an amazing thread (image heavily inspired ^^), listing some of the things we can do for entertainment whilst indoors, so I thought it was maybe a good idea to collect all the UK offers in one place. Quite a few were sourced on site, so i've tried to give credit wherever possible.

If you see anything I've missed, please be sure to let me know via PM or comments and i'll happily keep adding to the list

Office Work

Audio Streaming

Gaming

@BuzzDuraband , our resident Games Master, has a brilliant resource of threads to help keep you entertained.

Want to play online with friends? You can get a free trial for online services:

also;

Children

Take a look at the awesome thread created by the one and only, @millarcat . It has LOADS of stuff to keep the kids amused. Here's just a small selection;

School / Learning

(massive thanks to @azrah12 for covering these in their thread)

Educational Youtube Channels

Also take a look at the BBC Learning pages, as they host a massive resource of links, guides and courses!

Sports / Fitness

Video Streaming

Want a more detailed breakdown on streaming services? Check out the Video Streaming Services - Which one's for you, and what do they offer? thread.

Other Apps / Links

See also;

and in case you missed them...

Community Updates
Megathread

Groups

74 Comments
Great post @Mark
Very good resources to get through this difficult time. Thank you @Mark
🏽 🏽 🏽
Great effort mate. Thank you.
Super stuff!
thanks for the post!
Britbox is 6 months free for EE customers at the moment
Awesome post!
Great work and thanks.
Libraries have various eLibrary services (e.g. Zinio for magazines, eReader for newspapers, OverDrive for eBooks).
Excellent work, great effort, we've taken advantage of the 6mths britbox offer for ee customers, thanks to @jdpwest (the wife's on ee) anyway heat just for the deal image itself we love the Simpsons in our house
Phenomenal thread 🔥
@Mark Netflix uk doesn't offer a free trial anymore.
Fantastic thank you!
thank you
Great work. Thanks
I couldnt get netflix free trial in uk....i am a new customer but it says uk is not eligible for free trial for 30 days
Awesome
a154a19/03/2020 22:31

I couldnt get netflix free trial in uk....i am a new customer but it says …I couldnt get netflix free trial in uk....i am a new customer but it says uk is not eligible for free trial for 30 days

Netflix doesn't offer a trail anymore in the UK.
Nice one OP, great resource for next few months - no harm getting things to keep ourselves busy in light of strangely threatening yet "upbeat" gov't missives
Edited by: "c_1st" 20th Mar
What a super idea. Thank you
Wow, so much in one place. I've bookmarked this. Many thanks
Jordan_Williamshs719/03/2020 20:57

@Mark Netflix uk doesn't offer a free trial anymore.

Cheers Jordan, I completely forget about the change. I'll update it now
This is great, thanks 🏻
Thank you for this!!!!
Extensive list OP thank you.

For small businesses many vendors are offering free software during this challenging time: bleepingcomputer.com/new…ak/

LINKY

I hope this helps ~(if not already posted)
shimzz20/03/2020 10:40

Extensive list OP thank you.For small businesses many vendors are offering …Extensive list OP thank you.For small businesses many vendors are offering free software during this challenging time: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/list-of-free-software-and-services-during-coronavirus-outbreak/LINKYI hope this helps ~(if not already posted)

Thanks so much, I will take a look shortly
Might want to add to the fitness section: the following London studios are now doing online classes via Instagram for free:

- Psycle (barre, yoga, HIIT)
- 1rebel (HIIT & yoga)
- Barry’s (bootcamp style workout)
- Fiit (great subscription platform full of trainers - yoga/ HIIT)
- Body Coach
- Bradley Simmonds online PT classes

Yoga - lots of great instructors now doing online classes (free online and their social feeds):
- Steffy white yoga
- Psycle yoga
- Catt Meffan
- Another Space
- Yoga with Adriene on youtube: youtube.com/use…ene

Meditation/ breathing:
- The Breath Guy (Richie Bostock)
- Re:mind studio - great meditation classes
- Fearne Cotton Happy Place (meditation classes)
- Headspace app have released 'weathering the storm' section that offers free meditations: headspace.com/cov…-19
Awsome post!

Also lots of motorsport and extreme sports on red bull tv totally for free
Cheers
Thanks for the exhaustive list
facebook.com/364…d=n
gathering drums
As well as twinkl and Pinterest
Edited by: "victoria.selfridge" 20th Mar
'Teach it' are offering free subscription to all subject areas. They need individual subscriptions but primary, maths, eng, Sci, geog, hist all covered
Amazing thanks
Nice one
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants