Groups

Free Official BBC NEWS APP for Android

Description
    Latest and breaking news from the BBC and our global network of journalists.
    Download the official BBC News app. Get the latest and breaking news from the BBC and our global network of journalists.
    Stories are arranged in categories including top stories, UK, world, politics, business, technology, health, entertainment & arts and sport.
    The app offers stories and video, and you can personalise the homescreen by adding and removing news categories to suit your interests.
    Key features:
    • Simple design with scroll functionality to enable efficient browsing
    • Tap to reveal full-screen article and in-story video
    • On a story page, swipe sideways to read the next story
    • Sharing tools to post stories to a range of social networks, or email / SMS to a friend
    • Latest and breaking news ticker
    • An 'Edit' menu, allowing you to personalise the homescreen by adding and removing news categories to suit your preferences
    • Live streaming of the BBC News channel for Android 2.2 devices running Flash
    • Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
    • Font controls to increase or decrease the story text size to suit you
    • Full range of News categories: Top stories, World, UK, Sport, Technology, Entertainment & Arts, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Business, Politics, Health, Education, Science & Environment, Features & analysis, Also in the news

market.android.com/det….uk

7 Comments

Banned

Moved to misc.

If the item doesn't have a normal retail price, isn't subject to a special promo offer, etc - then I think this is the relevant section for such items, e.g. it's info.

Thanks for sharing.

cheers for heads up. much slicker better than the ones i had installed. now they've all been uninstalled. cheers.

any other cool new Android apps that i'm missing out on?

ilike the independent newspaper app, i turn on wifi, download the paper as issued that morning so i have most of the paper precached forthe day,etc, i reload it when within a wifi i can connect to/friends/clients etc.

Reuters news app is similar, you can download it in full and then browse offline

That's a pretty good app, I like the BBC news site and this makes it much slicker

Thanks for the heads looks a very good app.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is33
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions