Groups

Free or cheap domains?

Hi people

Does anyone know where I can obtain a free domain or a low priced one.

Thanks in advance

8 Comments

they're already cheap, it's like £5 for a year, how much cheaper do you want?

123reg

gbbo.co.uk/

Get British Business Online

Original Poster

is go daddy any good

Avoid 1&1, good for first year or two, but when you want to switch or end good luck. They screwed me over on 10/12 domains and tried to take me took court, a few times
    Edited by: "simplex" 16th May 2011

coolsakil

is go daddy any good

Been with them a few years and cancelled 1 or 2 and no problems. There are a few out there that love trying to charge you a renewal before you agree even if you didnt opt in. And after your 1/2 year contract with some if you try and cancel thats when they show their hand

Edited by: "simplex" 16th May 2011

123REG

I've used GoDaddy and 123-Reg and prefer GoDaddy. I found configuring the domain settings (DNS, etc) more difficult with the overly complicated 123-Reg menus. Was a simple set up with GoDaddy. DNS took ages to propagate with the domain I registered on 123-Reg too, but I'm not sure if that's the fault of 123-Reg or some other body...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1215
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?712
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!77
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767220

See more discussions