Free paypal returns for ebay item

Posted 27th Jun
Hi all, I'm after some advice please. OH has bought a new item from ebay, not quite what he's after so wants to return. As there's nothing wrong with item I know that it will cost to return. I've heard of the free Paypal returns but never used it, is it easy to do? Thanks Zee
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Yes takes minutes to claim and money in your account in a few days, just go through the link on the transaction page.
Edited by: "eslick" 27th Jun
Yeh very easy,
1) package item up ready to send
2) take a photo of the address label
3) post item back
4) log into your PayPal and find the right transactions and click request refund
5) fill out the online form

You will get an automated email to say your request is being processed, then in a couple of days the money will be back in your PayPal
Thankyou both
I wouldn't say it's straightforward. But once you get the hang of it, it's ok. And well worth the hassle.

The first thing you need to do is opt in to the paypal returns on us service.

• Once that's done choose how you would like to return the item.
I usually choose the most secure and quickest service available. PayPal's paying so why not. (Paypal will pay back up to £15 of the return cost per transaction).

• Don't use hermes.

• Once you've booked the delivery (assuming you're doing it online) stick your label on the package.

• Take a photo of the package with the label clearly visible.

• In your PayPal account head to the transaction that links to the item you're returning and choose 'request return shipping refund'.

• Fill out the form and provide the required details and documents. They'll ask for a picture of the parcel and a receipt from the courier showing the shipping fee.

• If you're sending via the post office then take a picture of the parcel showing the return address and take a picture of your receipt from the post office.

• Once you've submitted the request you should hear back from them within 24-48 hours with the money in your account within 5 working days.

I've used this service to send low value items and high value items and I've never had a problem. It's great!
Edited by: "notalwaysright19" 27th Jun
Zeeandco27/06/2020 17:05

@notalwaysright19 thankyou

Fyi
Recently I purchased an eBay item which I had to
return. Went through the returns process via eBay where now you pay eBay the shipping cost and they provide printable royal mail label. Refund for the item came through seconds when seller recieved as it includes tracking.

I then tried to claim for the shipping refund from PayPal however it was declined as I could not prove I paid for this via eBay. eBay chat provided an email to confirm I made that transaction confirming the details however PayPal still declined, so gave up.

Few days later eBay refunded the shipping cost, success!

Anyone know this is the new eBay returns process?
rimalpatel00727/06/2020 18:03

Fyi Recently I purchased an eBay item which I had to return. Went through …Fyi Recently I purchased an eBay item which I had to return. Went through the returns process via eBay where now you pay eBay the shipping cost and they provide printable royal mail label. Refund for the item came through seconds when seller recieved as it includes tracking. I then tried to claim for the shipping refund from PayPal however it was declined as I could not prove I paid for this via eBay. eBay chat provided an email to confirm I made that transaction confirming the details however PayPal still declined, so gave up. Few days later eBay refunded the shipping cost, success!Anyone know this is the new eBay returns process?

If you didn't return the item using the PayPal returns on us service then PayPal will not refund you.

I was not aware ebay returns shipping costs though
notalwaysright1927/06/2020 18:10

If you didn't return the item using the PayPal returns on us service then …If you didn't return the item using the PayPal returns on us service then PayPal will not refund you. I was not aware ebay returns shipping costs though

Only want to notify eBay my intention to return and inform the seller however you had to go through the label/postage fee in order to complete the process.
notalwaysright1927/06/2020 18:10

If you didn't return the item using the PayPal returns on us service then …If you didn't return the item using the PayPal returns on us service then PayPal will not refund you. I was not aware ebay returns shipping costs though

Sorry I'm a little confused now, do I open the return via ebay or Paypal? thanks
Zeeandco27/06/2020 18:39

Sorry I'm a little confused now, do I open the return via ebay or Paypal? …Sorry I'm a little confused now, do I open the return via ebay or Paypal? thanks

There are two things here:

1. Contact the seller and inform them of your intention to return. So that they are aware.

Once they've approved it or whatever their system is;

2. Return the item using the PayPal returns on us service as I've outlined above.

Let me know if you get stuck. Happy to help
notalwaysright1927/06/2020 18:44

There are two things here:1. Contact the seller and inform them of your …There are two things here:1. Contact the seller and inform them of your intention to return. So that they are aware. Once they've approved it or whatever their system is;2. Return the item using the PayPal returns on us service as I've outlined above. Let me know if you get stuck. Happy to help

Great, thankyou
Post a comment
@
    Text