Groups

Free Range Hens for sale - must go by 28th March or they go to slaughter!

Found this on MoneySavingExpert & thought I'd post it here...
    Farm forced to close due to the cost of chicken feed & supermarket prices!!!!

there were around 500 un-reserved left this evening
    £3 for 10 or less, £2 for 11+

Original MSE post...

If anyone has any hens and interested in getting a couple more please see this article and the Youtube link.

I am collecting 12 next weekend (£2 each) for friends. There are still about 3000 to home and they will go to slaughter on the 28th March if homes cant be found.

Anyone that wants to home a chicken please get intouch with them

buckinghamtoday.co.uk/new…411

youtube campaign
    youtube.com/wat…lik

I am sure there are lots of people who would love to home them. I dont think the word is being spread widely enough.

thanks
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho…480

25 Comments

i'll give her a good home...

Banned

Great cause, I have some ex battery hens, great to have around and Free eggs too

*looks around for DLM*

sickly sweet

*looks around for DLM*

post 2 perhaps X)

a lot of free range hens are slaughtered at age 1 to 2 years as not as productive. Shame. I used to keep hens, they were 5 years old when they came here and still laying and lived a few years before they died. Dear little creatures.

Are they going cheap?

cannyscot

Are they going cheap?

Their not exactly flying off the shelf at this price!
    Edited by: "dh058977" 9th Mar 2011

cool will get a few to feed my snake

dh058977

Their not exactly flying off the shelf at this price!

I think they are an eggcellent price.

sickly sweet

I think they are an eggcellent price.

I wanted to invest in a poultry farm, but I chickened out at the last minute.

sell em to KFC!

dh058977

I wanted to invest in a poultry farm, but I chickened out at the last … I wanted to invest in a poultry farm, but I chickened out at the last minute.

You didn't have enough to shell out on the farm?

sickly sweet

You didn't have enough to shell out on the farm?

I had trouble plucking up the courage!

dh058977

I had trouble plucking up the courage!

You sure it wasn't the OH hen pecking you and saying she wanted to live in the City?

Hugh Jass!

sell em to KFC!

na, their uniforms wont fit them

sickly sweet

You sure it wasn't the OH hen pecking you and saying she wanted to live … You sure it wasn't the OH hen pecking you and saying she wanted to live in the City?

No she was eggcited! But I told her she'd bird-ened with cleaning up after them (she cant take a yolk!)

dh058977

No she was eggcited! But I told her she'd bird-ened with cleaning up … No she was eggcited! But I told her she'd bird-ened with cleaning up after them (she cant take a yolk!)

I should probably keep my nosey beak out of your business...that yolk joke was the last straw and reminded me I need my own bed for the night.
    You can rule the roost on here and have a good night.

sickly sweet

I should probably keep my nosey beak out of your business...that yoke … I should probably keep my nosey beak out of your business...that yoke joke was the last straw and reminded me I need my own bed for the night.You can rule the roost on here and have a good night.

Dont worry, omelettin’ you win this time SS! lol night!

dh058977

Chicken!!

dh058977

That's a good job, because my spelling was awfully scrambled in the other post hence my edit but you were too fast! My brain obviously needs to re-coop-erate with a good nights sleep. Night night.

Would DHL collect?

Banned

oh cluck ive got nowhere to put any,no eggs on me,lol.

Banned

Do they come with roasting bags included?

quidco?

Dear xxxx

Thank you for contacting DHL International

Unfortunately live stock is something we would not be able to carry for you, this would be a considered a prohibited item within our DHL network.
    Should you wish to discuss this further please contact us on 0844 248 0844. We are open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
    For further information on the services that we offer please visit our website dhl.co.uk
    Kind regards
    Adrian

Ah well would have saved me going to tesco's for a few months
    Edited by: "Bully" 9th Mar 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826364
      2. love affairs1338
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1214
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1861344

See more discussions