halfords.com/mot…tml
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
zcaprd706/07/2020 21:02

Yes, but did they steal £600 from her?

Yes, they went though her handbag, smart ass
zcaprd706/07/2020 21:05

Well then, what's the problem?Shock horror, company tried to sell someone …Well then, what's the problem?Shock horror, company tried to sell someone some stuff, which they didn't buy, hold the front page...

Yet you're the one acting like a drama queen
46 Comments
Handy for people that haven't driven much lately. They might pressure you into a sale but don't feel pressured. Just take it to your trusted garage after if need be.
"it's not safe for you to drive, we need to change the disks, pads, tyres and shocks now before you can drive it"

👌
Did you know the bearings on your flux capacitor have corroded?
Robdaraff06/07/2020 20:37

"it's not safe for you to drive, we need to change the disks, pads, tyres …"it's not safe for you to drive, we need to change the disks, pads, tyres and shocks now before you can drive it"👌

That's most garages. You can get their opinion then take it your trusted one.
I knew this deal would go cold.

Hopefully helps somebody out.
Robdaraff06/07/2020 20:37

"it's not safe for you to drive, we need to change the disks, pads, tyres …"it's not safe for you to drive, we need to change the disks, pads, tyres and shocks now before you can drive it"👌

That's Kwik fit...
Heat, I need some screenwash
Halfords are scum, tried to charge my Daughter £600 for repairs that (when assessed by local independent garage) were not needed vile company Worcester one, and yes I complained to trading standards and the issue I complained of was not in isolation

I actually voted this as cold, which I never do
Edited by: "Gazsterchief" 6th Jul
Gazsterchief06/07/2020 20:58

Halfords are scum, tried to charge my Daughter £600 for repairs that (when …Halfords are scum, tried to charge my Daughter £600 for repairs that (when assessed by local independent garage) were not needed vile company Worcester one, and yes I complained to trading standards and the issue I complained of was not in isolation

Did they force her to pay £600?
Good grief, approx. 30 minutes?! You could (and should btw) do these checks at least every couple of weeks, even if you don’t do them all at once. 5 minutes at the most!
zcaprd706/07/2020 20:58

Heat, I need some screenwash

Fine for free screenwash and air in your tyres, I guess.
zcaprd706/07/2020 21:00

Did they force her to pay £600?

They told her car was NOT road worthy, and could at any moment veer off road into oncoming traffic......
Edited by: "Gazsterchief" 6th Jul
Gazsterchief06/07/2020 21:01

They told her car was NOT road worthy, and could at any moment ever off …They told her car was NOT road worthy, and could at any moment ever off road into oncoming traffic......

bloodshoteyes06/07/2020 20:38

Did you know the bearings on your flux capacitor have corroded?

"Which came as a shock because Halfords had repaired those bearings 12 months ago"

Yes, they went though her handbag, smart ass

Clearly says 'tried to charge'...
Gollywood06/07/2020 21:04

Clearly says 'tried to charge'...

Well then, what's the problem?

Shock horror, company tried to sell someone some stuff, which they didn't buy, hold the front page...

Well then, what's the problem?Shock horror, company tried to sell someone …Well then, what's the problem?Shock horror, company tried to sell someone some stuff, which they didn't buy, hold the front page...

The inference being she didn't need it, ask for it, and through pressure sales. Different from just trying to sell it. But then you knew that.

Gollywood06/07/2020 21:14

Not really, it's a company, giving away free stuff, in the forlorn hope that they might be able sell you something, and yet people are shocked and outraged?

Time to put on some big boy/girl trousers and get some free screenwash...
zcaprd706/07/2020 21:16

Not really, it's a company, giving away free stuff, in the forlorn hope …Not really, it's a company, giving away free stuff, in the forlorn hope that they might be able sell you something, and yet people are shocked and outraged?Time to put on some big boy/girl trousers and get some free screenwash...

I wouldn't go anywhere near Halfords for free anything, thanks
slashformayor06/07/2020 21:00

Good grief, approx. 30 minutes?! You could (and should btw) do these …Good grief, approx. 30 minutes?! You could (and should btw) do these checks at least every couple of weeks, even if you don’t do them all at once. 5 minutes at the most!

Indeed, I do, the challenge is to take you car to them and see if they can find anything wrong with it... If they can't, you know you're car is OK as they are going to be desperate to find something!
Gollywood06/07/2020 21:22

I wouldn't go anywhere near Halfords for free anything, thanks

Well, that ok, but the other chap was referring to them as "scum" which is totally OTT...and don't forget, after a free checkup, they are now legally obliged to ensure the car is roadworthy, and to inform the driver of any issues, otherwise they'd get sued to bits of there was an accident.
Edited by: "zcaprd7" 6th Jul
zcaprd706/07/2020 21:16

Not really, it's a company, giving away free stuff, in the forlorn hope …Not really, it's a company, giving away free stuff, in the forlorn hope that they might be able sell you something, and yet people are shocked and outraged?Time to put on some big boy/girl trousers and get some free screenwash...

This deal was always gonna be divisive. Ignore them.

Halfords doing what most garages do. There's little trust in the industry.

This is for basic checks that people can learn from YouTube in half an hour then do it for themselves. But you're under no obligation and there's a couple of freebies thrown in.

People feel they wanna share their horror stories. I'm sure they've been ripped off by their local garage at some point too.
Edited by: "AgentSmith" 6th Jul
AgentSmith06/07/2020 21:26

This deal was always gonna be divisive. Ignore them.Halfords doing …This deal was always gonna be divisive. Ignore them.Halfords doing what most garages do. There's little trust in the industry.This is for basic checks that people can learn from YouTube in half an hour then do it for themselves. But you're under no obligation and there's a couple of freebies thrown in.People feel they wanna share their horror stories. I'm sure they've been ripped off by their local garage at some point too.

Ripped off, and moved on, and even when you find a good one, it's still an uneasy relationship.

It's almost like a barbers, where you only trust one of the guys to cut your hair!
Unfortunately when we was checking your tyres, we notice your whole car was a death trap and it's going to cost you to get it all fixed. Absolute con artists these lot. Find a local garage you can trust.

I think the problem is, is they try to take advantage of people. Imagine if that was an older person who had no clue. would have no idea and get mugged off by these lot.
itfckenty06/07/2020 21:49

I think the problem is, is they try to take advantage of people. Imagine …I think the problem is, is they try to take advantage of people. Imagine if that was an older person who had no clue. would have no idea and get mugged off by these lot.

Well, the older person would know better I'm sure...
zcaprd706/07/2020 21:50

Well, the older person would know better I'm sure...

Oh yeah! I'm sure older women who don't care about cars have alot of knowledge on garages.

It happens, tbh by the way you speak, it's like you work for Halfords.
I've just booked my car in for tomorrow even though it's recently been serviced and the MOT has passed. Just for the fun of it. I'll report back on here tomorrow.
itfckenty06/07/2020 21:55

Oh yeah! I'm sure older women who don't care about cars have alot of …Oh yeah! I'm sure older women who don't care about cars have alot of knowledge on garages.It happens, tbh by the way you speak, it's like you work for Halfords.

Well, then they shouldn't be rocking up looking for the free stuff then... The old birds aren't stupid, they know when they're being scammed.
itfckenty06/07/2020 21:55

Oh yeah! I'm sure older women who don't care about cars have alot of …Oh yeah! I'm sure older women who don't care about cars have alot of knowledge on garages.It happens, tbh by the way you speak, it's like you work for Halfords.

Ageism and sexism alert...
AgentSmith06/07/2020 21:55

I've just booked my car in for tomorrow even though it's recently been …I've just booked my car in for tomorrow even though it's recently been serviced and the MOT has passed. Just for the fun of it. I'll report back on here tomorrow.

Excellent, I did one of these checks last year, and they couldn't find anything wrong...I've booked in for this Saturday.

But I'm so scared the bad man might ask me for some money...
zcaprd706/07/2020 21:56

Well, then they shouldn't be rocking up looking for the free stuff … Well, then they shouldn't be rocking up looking for the free stuff then... The old birds aren't stupid, they know when they're being scammed.

The likelihood of them seeing this deal online is zero to none. If you saw this sign on the road and was 70 - 80 and it the seasons was changing, you would potentially go in and ask.

It's not difficult to understand not everyone is young and can see it a mile off.
itfckenty06/07/2020 21:58

The likelihood of them seeing this deal online is zero to none. If you saw …The likelihood of them seeing this deal online is zero to none. If you saw this sign on the road and was 70 - 80 and it the seasons was changing, you would potentially go in and ask.It's not difficult to understand not everyone is young and can see it a mile off.

So what, if you've been on this planet for more than 60 years, you've probably figured out that businesses aren't charities...
Probably not an isolated incident, last time I was there it took em 3/4hour to change a tyre on a loose rim. I had to explain to the embarrassed young girl (obviously not getting any guidance) the correct way to take the tyre off the rim without scratching it. They certainly need to put more effort into their training schemes for youngsters.

Manager wasn’t happy when I first called to say the wheel was loose and not on a car, I can only assume he was thinking about no extra sales on top of the tyre. Whilst I was there waiting a mechanic took a customers car for a “test drive” screaming the nuts out of it. The mechanic then came back with sandwiches a few minutes later.

Manager multi-tasking sorting my receipt and on the phone to someone giving them a quote for front discs and pads ..........“more often than not madam the back discs will be warped as well, so do you want them doing when you drop the car off”.

My advice, take the risk of getting ripped off elsewhere.
zcaprd706/07/2020 22:01

So what, if you've been on this planet for more than 60 years, you've …So what, if you've been on this planet for more than 60 years, you've probably figured out that businesses aren't charities...

I'm not talking about the free stuff mate. I've had free tyre checks from Kwik fit before, no problems at all. But.. places like this do lie. And elderly and uniformed can be taken advantage of, that's the point people have made. My point is stop using places like this and find a local person who you can trust.
itfckenty06/07/2020 22:04

I'm not talking about the free stuff mate. I've had free tyre checks from …I'm not talking about the free stuff mate. I've had free tyre checks from Kwik fit before, no problems at all. But.. places like this do lie. And elderly and uniformed can be taken advantage of, that's the point people have made. My point is stop using places like this and find a local person who you can trust.

Well we agree then, except let's rinse these places for the free stuff and pay the local chap for his trusted work...
zcaprd706/07/2020 22:06

Well we agree then, except let's rinse these places for the fee stuff and …Well we agree then, except let's rinse these places for the fee stuff and pay the local chap for his trusted work...

Or just use the trusted guy. These places will shut down quicker.
itfckenty06/07/2020 22:07

Or just use the trusted guy. These places will shut down quicker.

No they won't, if we take stuff from them for free, then surely they will shut down quicker?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants